OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:33:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations to our Admin, Anastasios on his Ordination to the Holy Diaconate  (Read 7103 times) Average Rating: 0
_Seraphim_
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Diocese of Western America (under His Grace Bishop Maxim)

May Orthodoxy become our orthopraxis

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »

Pray for an end to divisions.

For the peace of the whole world, for the good estate of the Holy Churches of God, and for the union of all men, let us pray to the Lord.
+Lord have mercy

"Disputes merely about words must not be suffered to divide those who think alike."
-St. Athanasius (†444)

Pray for Orthodox Unity

"Behold the light of our Agreed Statement on Christology"
http://www.orthodoxunity.org/state04.html
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »

Thank you for posting the link for the pictures

Congratulations.  Smiley

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »

Thank you Smiley

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »

AXIOS!

MUSTAHEK!

May God grant you many, many years!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »

Dear Fr.Deacon Anastasios thank you for your reply ...know im more confused...Here in Chicago there used to be a old calender Greek church that had the holy weeping icon of St.Irene C..on display which i venerated many times here.. But they went back under the ecumenical patriarch..they said the shrine was in astoria N.Y. is this the same group that you belonged too before...who is guardian of the holy icon now....old or new calender Greek Church....
        Again Axios!Axios!Axios......Many Many Years......SmileyCentral.com" border="0   Ps I liked the old Calender Orthodox Greek Church a lot ,,,i felt at home there....     

St Irene is the Monastery in New York and yes they have a parish in Chicago.  They are all under the Ecumenical Patriarchate and are all on the New Calendar now.  The bishops and priests of this Church were originally ordained by us but left our Synod in 1995 and joined the Ecumenical Patriarchate in 1998.

Our Church is St Markella's in Astoria which is less than one mile from St Irene's.  Paisios, the Metropolitan of Tyana, who is under the Ecumenical Patriarchate, was invited in 1971 as a priest to serve at St Markella's. Bishop Petros removed him after 40 days for various reasons and he set up his own Church down the street.  That commenced a long history of bad relations unfortunately. But let's not focus on the past.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »

Thank you Fr.Deacon Anastasios...it 's not easy to keep up wth what's going on in the world .I'am amased... l  pray for unity ...... again worthy worthy ,and many many  years.......Hristos Voskrese........Christ Has Risen.................SmileyCentral.com" border="0
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:13:25 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: