Author Topic: A welcome and FYI for our new members!  (Read 903 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
A welcome and FYI for our new members!
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
Over the last two months we've had quite the stream of new members join the site.  Welcome to all of you!  I hope you all have been getting acclimated to the site, finding topics that interest you, maybe a healthy debate or two as well.  In order to make sure that we're all on the "same page," I thought I'd post a few points of interest for everyone to check out:

1. We have a thread dealing with Board policies (in addition to what you saw during your registration process).  It is located in the Board News section, and covers a wide variety of situations.  Here is the link: "Read Me!  Compiled Board policies, information points, etc." -,13455.0.html

2. Robert is looking into a site upgrade, and has posted a beta version for people to test out.  Some of you who are very new may not have your user accounts on the Beta site, but you can sign up for one (and everything done on the beta site is independent of the main site).  We're looking for input regarding the new-er format, useability, etc.  Here is the link: "OC.NET BETA TEST" -,15277.0.html

3. Thanks to all who donated to our donation drive.  If you would like to see the updates, and any more information that will be forthcoming, check out the donation drive thread:,13300.0.html

Again, we hope you have found to be a wonderful community, struggling to perfect ourselves in our Faith, working and learning together towards that end.  If you have any questions, comments, etc. - don't hesitate to contact a member of the Moderation staff by PM, or start a new thread!

Wishing everyone a blessed Holy Week and a Joyful Pascha,

Global Moderator
and the Moderation and Administration Staff
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.