Author Topic: Several prayer requests  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Seeker73

• Examiner.com
Several prayer requests
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:39:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a few prayer requests, and I would appreciate it if anyone who feels led to do so would lift them up to God.

--There are no Christians in my family.  My father died last year, and he wasn't a Christian in spite of my efforts to reach him.  I hoped that his death would lead my family to think of the state of their souls, but it didn't.  The members of my family are either apathetic or outright hostile to the Christian faith.  Please pray for my family (mother, grandmother, sisters, nieces and nephews) to come to faith in Christ.  Please pray that God will use me to reach them so they will come into the Orthodox Church. 

--I'm having severe problems with my back, and it's quite painful.  It affects my mobility and overall quality of life.  I've suffered from this for three years.  Please pray either for my healing, or that I will have the strength to bear this with grace, patience, and faith.

--I have two friends who are torn between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.  Please remember them in prayer. 

--Please pray for me as I continue my journey towards the Orthodox Church.  My grandmother is hostile about the idea, and I haven't even told the rest of my family yet. 

--I attend a small Orthodox mission station.  Please pray for the mission, that we will be able to find a full time priest and reach our local community.  Please pray for the conversion of souls here.

Thank you to anyone who prays for me, my family, and my friends.  Please know that your prayers are greatly appreciated. 

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Several prayer requests
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:05:54 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
Love never fails.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »
My father died last year, and he wasn't a Christian in spite of my efforts to reach him.
Eternal be his memory. Lord forgive and grant him rest among Your Saints.

The members of my family are either apathetic or outright hostile to the Christian faith.  Please pray for my family (mother, grandmother, sisters, nieces and nephews) to come to faith in Christ.  Please pray that God will use me to reach them so they will come into the Orthodox Church. 
Lord have mercy on Your Servants.

I'm having severe problems with my back, and it's quite painful.  It affects my mobility and overall quality of life.  I've suffered from this for three years.  Please pray either for my healing, or that I will have the strength to bear this with grace, patience, and faith.
I can empathize! Lord have mercy on Your Servant.

I have two friends who are torn between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.  Please remember them in prayer. 
Lord have mercy on Your Servants.

Please pray for me as I continue my journey towards the Orthodox Church.
Lord have mercy and illumine Your Servant.

I attend a small Orthodox mission station.  Please pray for the mission, that we will be able to find a full time priest and reach our local community.  Please pray for the conversion of souls here.
Lord, look down and visit this Vine and make it fruitful.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:40:23 AM by ozgeorge »
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline RLNM

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 08:43:09 AM »
Lord have mercy. Forgive and grant rest to the father of Seeker73. Grant Seeker73 health and guidance through all his difficulties.
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
Lord have mercy.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline EofK

• Mrs. Y
  • Protokentarchos
  • lolcat addict
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
Lord have mercy.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Offline Seeker73

• Examiner.com
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
Thank you for all your prayers.  Please know they're appreciated much more than I can express here.

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »
Lord, have mercy on all involved.

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »
May the Lord grant you courage, health, and strength even in the midst of all these trials!
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 01:25:39 AM »
Eternal Memory to your Father........
That The Lord May Forgive all his Sins intensional/unintensional.....
Blessed Rest Grant lord to thy servant among the righteous....
            For the conversion of the unbelievers...............
For the strengthening of your faith and healing physical and spiritual.......and that the mission may prosper,
and bring many people to Christ.......For With God All Things Are possible...Amin.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0 ps. and were there is a great need were i didn't think to ask Grant Lord...................
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:27:50 AM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
Lord, have mercy on Your servants and grant them Your blessings and wisdom.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Órëlaurëa

• High Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »
Lord have mercy on your servant.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm

Offline Seeker73

• Examiner.com
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
Thanks to all of you again for all your prayers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 08:24:42 PM by Seeker73 »

Offline calligraphqueen

• Elder
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:23 AM »
Lord have Mercy!

I can empathize with the back, as I injured mine at 18 and it's been trouble ever since. IF not for a really good chiropractor I would be paralyzed on my left side. Almost chose the surgical route, but have three uncles who did and can't walk now because of that choice. Prayers are with you!

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a few prayer requests, and I would appreciate it if anyone who feels led to do so would lift them up to God.

--There are no Christians in my family.  My father died last year, and he wasn't a Christian in spite of my efforts to reach him.  I hoped that his death would lead my family to think of the state of their souls, but it didn't.  The members of my family are either apathetic or outright hostile to the Christian faith.  Please pray for my family (mother, grandmother, sisters, nieces and nephews) to come to faith in Christ.  Please pray that God will use me to reach them so they will come into the Orthodox Church. 

For your Father's soul and the the souls of your family, LORD have mercy.
--I'm having severe problems with my back, and it's quite painful.  It affects my mobility and overall quality of life.  I've suffered from this for three years.  Please pray either for my healing, or that I will have the strength to bear this with grace, patience, and faith.
For the end to your pain, stenght and patience from our Lord to bear it, and for great spiritual fruit from the carrying of your cross, LORD have mercy.
--I have two friends who are torn between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.  Please remember them in prayer. 
That the LORD would guide your friends as He sees fit so that they are more conformed to His likeness, LORD have mercy.
--Please pray for me as I continue my journey towards the Orthodox Church.  My grandmother is hostile about the idea, and I haven't even told the rest of my family yet. 
That the LORD will bless you and strengthen you as you embrace the Christian Faith and that you may soon find yourself in communion with His Body and Blood, LORD have mercy.
--I attend a small Orthodox mission station.  Please pray for the mission, that we will be able to find a full time priest and reach our local community.  Please pray for the conversion of souls here.
That the LORD provide you with a saintly Priest and Pastor, and that souls are turned to Christ through your mission, LORD have mercy.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Lord have mercy.
Antiochian OC N.A.