OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 10:53:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Church Fathers on CD-ROM  (Read 2388 times) Average Rating: 0
Linus7
Archon

« on: July 09, 2003, 10:19:11 PM »

This is not really a review, as I have not yet received my CD-ROMs yet. I just ordered them today.

I just thought I would let everyone know that these are available here.

I have a Byzantine Catholic friend who has the whole set - Ante-Nicene, Nicene, Post-Nicene - in print, but it cost him a small fortune. This CD-ROM set has all that plus some other stuff (old liturgies, for example) for the very reasonable price of $59.95 ($68.45 with the US shipping; more overseas).

I am really looking forward to the arrival of mine!

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 10:25:47 PM »

I wish I could afford the print version.  I really hate reading eText.  I've got the ECF on winders help files with a basic backend program that searches for text.  The problem is that once you get to the hlp file you have to copy the text to wordpad and then search for the text Sad  I've found it easier to just use ccel.org for ECF purposes.  Give us a report on the CDs you get Linus.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 07:39:09 AM »

I wish I could afford the print version.  I really hate reading eText.  I've got the ECF on winders help files with a basic backend program that searches for text.  The problem is that once you get to the hlp file you have to copy the text to wordpad and then search for the text Sad  I've found it easier to just use ccel.org for ECF purposes.  Give us a report on the CDs you get Linus.  

Will do.

I'm with you on your aversion to eText. I would much rather have the beautiful set of hardbound books like the one my buddy Jim has.

But for now these CDs will have to do.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 10:30:39 AM »

If you got a CD-R or CD-RW (are those the correct terms? I'll still back in the stone age of computers) you can get your own for the price of burning one CD. CCEL has the Nicene and Post-nicene fathers and ante-nicene fathers, and they are downloadable. In fact, they have other works by the Fathers on there, and some other stuff (Chesterton, etc.) that you might want to throw on as well.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 04:09:57 PM »

Too late, alas. I've already ordered this set.

Besides, I don't have a CD burner (My son does, though; I could have asked him!).

Tongue

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 01:18:24 AM »

Update: I have been using my Early Church Fathers CD-ROM for some time now and am pretty well satisfied with it. It has good search features and the text is fairly easy to print.

I would still rather have the set of books, but $$$ are a big factor.

I recommend the Early Church Fathers CD-ROM, which is available here.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Justinianus
Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 10:27:25 AM »

Great, I have been looking for something like this!  I think I will order one.

"If we truly think of Christ as our source of holiness, we shall refrain from anything wicked or impure in thought or act and thus show ourselves to be worthy bearers of his name.  For the quality of holiness is shown not by what we say but by what w
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 01:09:35 PM »

Great, I have been looking for something like this!  I think I will order one.

Glad to have been of service.

I really like mine. It has really been helpful.

It's nice to be able to pop over to the Fathers and read, for example, what St. Cyril of Jerusalem had to say on a subject.

It's totally downloadable, too. You do not have to keep putting the CD into the CD drive.

I like it a lot.  Grin

- Pope St. Hormisdas
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:47 AM »

This is not really a review, as I have not yet received my CD-ROMs yet. I just ordered them today.

I just thought I would let everyone know that these are available here.

I have a Byzantine Catholic friend who has the whole set - Ante-Nicene, Nicene, Post-Nicene - in print, but it cost him a small fortune. This CD-ROM set has all that plus some other stuff (old liturgies, for example) for the very reasonable price of $59.95 ($68.45 with the US shipping; more overseas).

I am really looking forward to the arrival of mine!

I already have a CD Rom for the first 10 volumes of the Ante-Nicene Fathers. However, I don't have one for the next 20 volumes of the Nicene, and Post Nicene Fathers! Thanks for the link!

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: