OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 06:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye!  (Read 1395 times) Average Rating: 0
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« on: July 09, 2003, 09:59:43 PM »

The time has come for me to move on from this forum.  Not for any one particular reason, but for a number of them.  Between work and other obligations (plus the start of school in a month) ,my free time to hang out on the internet will be greatly decreased.  I would like to thank the posters and the admins for some good discusions.  There are some things on this forum that I'll always disagree with like the acceptance of ecumenism and the assumption that monophysites are Orthodox.  Then when people react negatively to this or disagree with the various Anglican posters here they are scolded for a lack of love.  I might return but then again I may not.

Nektarios
Aklie Semaet

Thank God for my fiancée!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 12:30:59 AM »

the assumption that monophysites are Orthodox

“Monophysites” are not Orthodox; I can’t imagine where you got that impression from. As far as I can see there has not been a ‘monophysite’ member that ever posted on this board.

Ethiopia ijochwan wede Egzabiher tezregalech
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 01:26:35 AM »

I, for one, will miss your posts, Nektarios.  For the most part, we share the same views vis-a-vis ecumenism.  Please return to posting when things are going more smoothly for you, but don't remove yourself from this forum in the meantime, please!

Hypo-Ortho
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 07:44:12 AM »

I hate to see you go, brother Nektarios.

I understand how school and life in general can make the Net impractical, but try to visit and post when you can.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 08:24:41 PM »

Goodbye, Hello and Goodbye again! Cheesy

As some of you may have noticed, I stopped posting after 1,000 posts, which was a month ago. Well here I am again, like Nektarios, with a final farewell (at least for now - I do not want to be a Dr. Alex Roman!) post. I am resigning my position here at OCnet and my final update to the portal will be the August edition. It has been redesigned so that it will no longer need monthly updates.

I am restructuring my priorities in life and I do not really need to be online as much as I am. My work and the Euphrosynos Cafe keep me online and busy enough as it is, so I really do not need another site taking up my time. Anyway, of late, the only time I have wanted to post is when someone said something that made me angry, and I do not need to in the kind of environment where my anger is provoked.

I want to thank Anastasios, Bobby and Philip for having me be an admin at the begining of the OCNet era of this site and allowing traditional Orthodox Christianity to be one of the many allowed viewpoints to be freely discussed here at OCNyet. I appreciate all the conversations and people I have met here so thank you for your discussions and prayers.

I will be logging off after this post, so if you want to talk to me you can either email me via my web site or PM me from the Euphrosynos Cafe Message Board.

Please pray for me a sinner and departed struggler in Christ. May God bless you all. Good bye.

P.S. That "random highlighting bug" should stop. That was just me being ornery, highlighting posts I liked a lot! Tongue
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 08:55:25 AM by -Â¥-+-¦-+-+-¦-¦ » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 10:51:36 PM »

OCNyet

Freudian slip?

Two of the good guys bailing out?

Lord have mercy!

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: