Author Topic: My first confession  (Read 1423 times)

Offline prodromas

• OC.net guru
  • Greek Orthodox
My first confession
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:01:28 AM »
Dear all who have helped on this journey,

Through the posts here many have made me see the importance of the sacrament of confession and finally after 18 years of life I was blessed to partake in this beautiful sacrament and it was one of the greatest feelings ever. It was a beautiful catharsis and I just wanted to share it with everyone. :D
The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again

Offline katherine 2001

• High Elder
  • Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.
Re: My first confession
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »
After the Eucharist, it is probably my favorite sacrament.  I was 44 at my first confession and I felt like I'd lost a huge load off my back after my first confession.  I always feel like I've lost a load off my back after confession.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
axios
congratulation..................
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
Congratulations! Confession always is a good feeling for me...once it's over. But don't forget the really hard part that comes next: repentance. We as Orthodox not only confess our sins but turn from them and do not repeat them--and that's the harder, and ultimately even more rewarding, part. You'll fall many times on this narrow road, but as long as you get up and keep walking, you'll make it.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
Excellent news! This always makes my heart glad to hear such things!

And the other posters are correct: treasure this feeling, and don't let another 18 years pass before your next Confession!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline EofK

• Mrs. Y
  • Protokentarchos
  • lolcat addict
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 03:44:17 PM »
Congratulations!  It is a terrifying but wonderful thing.  I'm due for one myself... eek.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams