Author Topic: OCnet Quotable Quotes  (Read 182671 times)

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
Re: OCnet Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1665 on: April 04, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »
I'm in ROCOR and always go to Russia for any time I can spare in order to breathe the air of freedom, but one day I will make a pilgrimage to San Francisco.

LOL, I was so drowsy when I read that I thought he was serious. The last Ilyin I met online was a practicing Old Believer who openly supported ISIS, so I thought this was a name-madness thing.

I need a link to this, immediately.

Look up for Vladimir Ilin. He seems to be in a Wahhabi vibe lately, yet claims to be Staroveryy. I guess denying the Trinity and having (removed) dreams about "breaking the cross" is better than joining three fingers at point. He also posts Nazi and Esoteric BS sometimes, clearly a moron with identity issues. I hope some long-bearded kolkhoznik kicks his rump very hard.

Hi, RaphaCam-

I've edited your post to be in keeping with the forum's rules about obscenity/profanity. This is an informal warning, and I encourage you to give the Rules a perusal here. Specifically:

* Obscenity, Blasphemy, Profanity, etc. -- Obscenities and blasphemies are not permitted anywhere on the forum. To accommodate strong polemics on the Private Forum, we will permit a few of the stronger scatological (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scatological) profanities there. These words, however, will be permitted ONLY on the Private Forum; their use on the Public Forum is still forbidden. Other words such as "damn" and "hell", when used as expletives, will be permitted on all Public and Private boards as long as they're not used as part of a blasphemy. We reserve the right to moderate some language not on the list if it is way outside the bounds of common decency. If you're not sure about the appropriateness of a word or expression, please PM a moderator before using it on the forum.  Except for "BS," all acronyms (STFU, WTF, etc.), abbreviations (F-off, etc.), and semi-censored versions (F**K, BULLS**T, etc.) of forbidden words are also forbidden.  Quite simply, harsh, obscene, or foul language is not appropriate for an Orthodox Christian message board.  Our Lord is present even in the forums and we don't feel like hosting your foul language on our servers--free expression is one thing, but on a Christian message board you will have to act like a Christian even in a theoretically unmoderated sub-section of the board.

Thanks for your cooperation! If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me. 

-ZZ, Other Topics Moderator

I looked up that guy on FB after you mentioned him. Why does it not surprise me that he also "Likes" Aleksandr Dugin and a whole bunch of "alt-right"/neoreactionary pages? He probably posts on /pol/, too.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline RaphaCam

• High Elder
  • Sublime Augustine, wise writer of the City of God
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Church of Poland - Archeparchy of Brazil
« Reply #1666 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:29 PM »
He was kicked out from those alt-right groups after he went that far AFAIK. Dugin is strongly anti-Salafi and at worst a now-crypto-Gnostic, but he's crazy too, I guess weirdness gathers weirdness.
Rise up, Lord, and let thine enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee. Return, o Lord, unto the many thousands of Israel.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1667 on: April 04, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »
Oh dear. He and I have a mutual friend.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1668 on: April 04, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »
Oh dear. He and I have a mutual friend.
It's me, isn't it.
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Fr Seraphim Rose and the Twin Towers
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #1669 on: April 06, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »
Nicholas, I think your problem is that you lack some humility.
Mor has an open appeal. This we knew already.

Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Archon
« Reply #1670 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1671 on: April 08, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »
I'm sure that your continued posting here is a testament to the longsuffering patience of the OC.net policies.

Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1672 on: April 09, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »

Offline RaphaCam

• High Elder
« Reply #1673 on: April 11, 2016, 06:25:53 PM »
I'm trying to think like a Baptist here, I don't know if I'm doing a good job.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:26:07 PM by RaphaCam »
Rise up, Lord, and let thine enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee. Return, o Lord, unto the many thousands of Israel.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1674 on: April 20, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »
A big problem with the common sense standard for religion is its arbitrariness. There are probably millions of people with opposite views who think that their own view is "common sense".

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1675 on: April 25, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
I don't believe Prince is dead. I believe his death was likely staged/faked.  So am I allowed to criticize him since he's not dead?   

The Illuminati / Hollywood fakes deaths all the time.  A couple of famous examples of our generation are Princess Diana, whose death was obviously faked, and O.J. Simpson, who never killed Ron and Nicole.   No one did. The whole murder trial was faked/staged and everyone (O.J., LAPD, DA's office, Goldman family, all the attorneys on both sides, Judge Ito, Press / Hollywood) were in on the whole psy-op.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Archon
« Reply #1676 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:38 PM »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1677 on: May 03, 2016, 12:31:10 AM »
Yes, the way I help people remember the Coptic word for God is to think that Jesus is Noute by nature.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #1678 on: May 03, 2016, 12:34:02 AM »
 ;)
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #1679 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »

So conflicted... I'm #TeamCap, but I'm also Catholic. I guess you cannot Serve both God and Marvel.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1680 on: May 06, 2016, 12:14:29 AM »
The fathers teach that the Antichrist is going to have an extensive network of Freemasons supporting him and working to bring him forth. 

Offline NicholasMyra

• Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #1681 on: May 09, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
So to rephrase, if we say pure Orthodoxy is 1, and pure heresy such as Arianism, Gnosticism and so on is 0, and then condescend to allow that non-Orthodox Churches which believe in the Trinity, the essentials of the faith as decided at Nicea, follow the canonical scriptures, and so on, could be given a value between 0 and 1 depending on how close to Orthodoxy they are, with some traditionalist Old Catholics and continuing Anglicans being 0.9, John Wesley being 0.85, and so on, I would say that the Holiness Movement is at least 0.3 or greater when not Charismatic, but Pentecostal churches are generally between 0 and 0.3 due to the extreme divergence in praxis.  So a more severe error, but a different error from that your specific church made.
Dear God, please force me to salvation and together with me as many people as possible.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #1682 on: May 09, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »
I prefer Pasadi's Parable of the Airplane Engine

Offline NicholasMyra

• Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #1683 on: May 09, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »
Dear God, please force me to salvation and together with me as many people as possible.

Offline RaphaCam

• High Elder
« Reply #1684 on: May 14, 2016, 11:30:53 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:31:18 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline NicholasMyra

• Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #1685 on: May 23, 2016, 01:23:46 AM »
Still, I've met a lot of transsexuals (not in the biblical sense, obviously...

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Merarches
  • Resistance is futile
  • Faith: Crypto-Universalist heresy
  • Jurisdiction: FOCIOF
« Reply #1686 on: May 24, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
I think we should kill all the hippies.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
« Reply #1687 on: Yesterday at 05:01:18 PM »
Why would anyone read the Bible when there are so many internet articles to read and be outraged by?