Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5184851 times)

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #27045 on: Yesterday at 11:10:15 PM »
At one time the avg. age of regular posters here was probably in the early 20s... but it's probably in the early 30s nowadays.

Time being a passing thing.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #27046 on: Today at 12:09:31 AM »
At one time the avg. age of regular posters here was probably in the early 20s... but it's probably in the early 30s nowadays.

Time being a passing thing.

Or that most of us who started here haven't left. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Offline Asteriktos

• Akathistos, destroyer of words
  • Hypatos
« Reply #27047 on: Today at 12:10:23 AM »
What now?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #27048 on: Today at 12:13:31 AM »
I inadvertently got in the middle of a couple Copts fighting about soteriology. Dang, I thought knives were gonna get drawn.
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #27049 on: Today at 12:26:06 AM »
What now?

I started here as a regular poster in my early 20s, now I'm in my mid-30s. 

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #27050 on: Today at 12:26:23 AM »
I inadvertently got in the middle of a couple Copts fighting about soteriology. Dang, I thought knives were gonna get drawn.

Join our Church.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #27051 on: Today at 12:28:18 AM »

Join our Church.
And I thought convert EO were hardcore. They got nothing on the Copts. They were threatening to call their cousin the bishop and have each other named as heretics. My head was spinnin'
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #27052 on: Today at 12:32:54 AM »

Join our Church.
And I thought convert EO were hardcore. They got nothing on the Copts. They were threatening to call their cousin the bishop and have each other named as heretics. My head was spinnin'

Join our Church.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #27053 on: Today at 09:46:21 AM »

Join our Church.

I hope you boldly took the side of the guy articulating an Orthodox model of soteriology and clotheslined the guy arguing for penal substitutionary atonement like King Harley Race.  After he went down, I hope the other guy's cousin the bishop dropped the People's Elbow on him.
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #27054 on: Today at 09:48:19 AM »

Join our Church.

Join our Church.

Our Theotokos carries knives like nobody's business. What does Indian Theotokos do?

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #27055 on: Today at 09:49:45 AM »

Join our Church.

Join our Church.

Our Theotokos carries knives like nobody's business. What does Indian Theotokos do?

You really wanna go there?

But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles