OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 04:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If You Did That Spring Forward Thing, Fall Back Tonight!  (Read 1740 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: October 27, 2002, 02:15:02 AM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Those of you who live in a municipality that celebrates(?) Daylight Savings Time, make sure you set your clock back an hour tonight and get an extra hour of sleep before the Divine Liturgy in the morning. God Bless

-From the guy that secretly hopes the people constantly late for the Liturgy forget about that whole clock setting thing and get to church either early or on time for once! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 02:20:32 AM by Nik » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 08:20:49 AM »

make sure you set your clock back an hour tonight and get an extra hour of sleep before the Divine Liturgy in the morning

YEAH, BABY!  Grin

KO63AP

Грай, кобзарю! ЛÐÂ

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 12:26:18 PM »

Don't know about everyone else's parishes,  but most of those who are always late around here remembered to change their clocks and arrived at their usual time  Embarrassed  I hope others had a better result.

Andrij

Ті, що сіють у сльозах, пожнуть у радосÑ
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 01:33:26 PM »

We put a large notice on the Church doors, but surprisingly attendance was bigger than normal.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 03:01:49 PM »

The Russians still came 15 mins late.

Mudriy

Token Ukrainian Nationalist

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 07:11:28 PM »

I say about 20% of the elder Ukrainians forgot to change the clocks and came in during announcements  Grin

"Tranquil Light of the Holy Glory, of the Immortal, Heavenly Holy, Blessed Father.... As we come upn the Sunset, as we see the Evening Light, we sing to God: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. At all times you are worthy...."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: