OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 11:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little miracle and a prayer request  (Read 2364 times) Average Rating: 0
livefreeordie
High Elder

« on: April 05, 2008, 10:00:32 PM »

My wife has been having a hard time dealing with some oral surgery she had last week.  It was a tricky procedure removing tissue from the roof of her mouth and attaching it to her lower gums.  The doctors didn't give her pain killers and the last few days it's been unbearable.  Yesterday our Metropolitan Joseph visited our church and after the service spoke about 20 minutes on Mother Mary and how she hears and answers our prayers.  At this point, my wife was in such pain and swelling she couldn't speak.

This morning my 4 oldest Children, 2 through 8, remembered this talk and while my wife was taking a bath they all lit candles and asked me to join them as we read the Paraclis to the Mother of God.  It was beautiful.

So shortly thereafter we are all sitting around the living room and my wife joins in the conversation, speaking normally without a sign of pain.  My oldest daughter Mary pipes up, Mommy, our prayers worked!  You should have seen the look on my wife's face as she realized days of pain and swelling had just disappeared.

Miracle or not, Glory to be to God and his mother the Theotokos who hears our prayers.  Thank you God for a family that helps save this sinner.

But please pray for my wife.  There is still an open wound in her mouth where they removed the tissue and she's still fearful of infection, and the whole ordeal really wore her down.  Oral surgery is a nasty thing.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »

Glory to God for all things. Lord have mercy on Your handmaid.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »

"Hail Mary full of Grace.  The Lord is with you, Virgin Theotokos.  Blessed are you among women and Blessed is the Fruit of your womb, for you have born the Savior of our souls."  What is you wife's Christian name, so we can remember her in our prayers?

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »

Gloria a Dio!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
livefreeordie
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:06:13 PM »

"Hail Mary full of Grace.  The Lord is with you, Virgin Theotokos.  Blessed are you among women and Blessed is the Fruit of your womb, for you have born the Savior of our souls."  What is you wife's Christian name, so we can remember her in our prayers?

Thecla, and God Bless you for your prayers.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »

Glory to God for all things.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:59:34 AM »

Glory to God!

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:42 AM »

Glory to God!  Lord have mercy on your handmaid Thecla.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 07:08:25 AM »

With God all things are possible..God truly hears the prayers of the holy innocent children....stasko/stanislav
How Great thou art o Lord...................my prayers ...........

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:36 AM »

Many times the Blessed Virgin has granted me her favour - just little ones but they were all at a time I needed help.

May She continue to help your wife in this way

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

Glory to God and may the Lord remember His handmaid.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
marmina

Faith: coptic orthodox

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

may god bless your family and give complete cure to your wife, there's an old tradition that praying the virgin prayer for 150 times allover the day makes great miracles and blessings try this you and your family youu ll see the virgin acting in your life i ve tried this many times with great success
blessings of the lord and his mother and all saints be with you
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

Glory to God! What a terrific story.

Lord, have mercy. Dear Jesus and Holy Mother Mary, please help your servant Thecla and the entire family.
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate: Orthodox Metropolis of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »

Himaya sa Diyos sa kahangturan!!

Dear Lord strengthen her and grant her healing..

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »

Glory be to God!  Lord, have mercy on your handmaid Thecla.

Love never fails.
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:39:44 AM »

O Christ, Who alone art our Defender: Visit and heal Thy suffering servant Thecla, delivering her from sickness and grievous pains. Raise her up that she may sing to Thee and praise Thee without ceasing, through the prayers of the Theotokos, O Thou Who alone lovest mankind.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: