OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 07:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invite inactive posters to post  (Read 1419 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« on: April 02, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »

Stashko, people resurrect old threads all the time.  It's no big deal if some of the old people are gone, since it often helps to spark a new discussion, or bring it up for those who hadn't seen the thread before.

Brother,,
A suggestion if i may,, have any of the moderators ever emailed these peopled to find out were they are..and tell them,, that they are greatly missed here..maybe its been tried or not i don't know.....stanislav

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »

Brother,,
A suggestion if i may,, have any of the moderators ever emailed these peopled to find out were they are..and tell them,, that they are greatly missed here..maybe its been tried or not i don't know.....stanislav

Two things on this:

First, I don't see that as being a moderatorial function per se.  If anyone notices that someone whose posts they enjoy hasn't been on in a while, they can feel free to send them a message.  It doesn't have to be a moderator who does that; anyone can.

Second, we have over 2,400 members.  I would guess maybe 400 or so of those are actually active.  Do you really want us to send out 2,000 e-mails to everyone who hasn't been active lately?

I guess what I'm getting at is that most of us don't even know the majority of these missing posters, and you can't "greatly miss" someone you don't even know.  I can think of a great number of posters here that I would miss, were they to stop posting, but that's not because they're posters here.  It's because over time, I've come to know them to at least some extent, to know how they tend to act, where they tend to have insight, and something of them as people, rather than just usernames.  Missing someone comes with knowing the person in some way, not just seeing that they're a username that hasn't posted in a while.  You can't miss a stranger, because a stranger has no presence in your life and you can't miss something you've never known.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »

that they are greatly missed here
There are few who no longer post on here who we are happy to see gone. If there is someone you personaly would like to see post on here a personal invite from yourself would go a lot further then a spam mail from us.

Joseph
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:17:18 AM »

Some people leave because they don't need the site or don't benefit from it anymore. We try to respect people's feelings.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »

Before i was banned from c a f .the forum would send me reminders thru email about the hot topics being discussed there,,they would notice if i haven't posted there for a while...to get me interested again  ....just a suggestion ......Brother /stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:04:07 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: