OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 10:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone seen the Fitna?  (Read 2400 times) Average Rating: 0
alexp4uni
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: kinda practicing theist
Jurisdiction: ecumenical kind

« on: March 29, 2008, 03:03:36 AM »

This is a 15 minute short made by Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders and it was hyped on the Netherland papers in last December leading to an immenent disuasion program by the E.U. prior to it's release. It basically shows a fully encased cover of the Qu'ran (Koran) being open to show the caricature of the Dutch cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad with the turban bomb on his head. It shows 5 Sura verses in the Islamic holy book.  Showing shocking footage from 9/11 in the United States and Madrid, Spain coupled with dead bodies. There is also FGM, a beheaded Woman and a beheading of an American contractor. In the last scene, a page of the Koran is shown and goes to blank with a phonebook being ripped out. Geert was calling moderates to publicly repudiate the selected text.

On March 28 which I last viewed it on Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch, a right-wing affiliate in cooperation with Watchdog group called The Intelligence Summit have linked it from LiveLeak. LiveLeak which expresses freedom of Speech fears for the safety of their workers and have taken it down. It can be seen on Google Video linked on Spencer's website. I rather not link it but it most likely will be taken down. Also please due update your Satellite Google Maps to look for a deep crater on Tehran in 2009.

{Edit - I took the political stuff out of the title, so I wouldn't have to move your thread - Cleveland, GM}
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:19:57 AM by cleveland » Logged
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »

This is a 15 minute short made by Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders and it was hyped on the Netherland papers in last December leading to an immenent disuasion program by the E.U. prior to it's release. It basically shows a fully encased cover of the Qu'ran (Koran) being open to show the caricature of the Dutch cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad with the turban bomb on his head. It shows 5 Sura verses in the Islamic holy book.  Showing shocking footage from 9/11 in the United States and Madrid, Spain coupled with dead bodies. There is also FGM, a beheaded Woman and a beheading of an American contractor. In the last scene, a page of the Koran is shown and goes to blank with a phonebook being ripped out. Geert was calling moderates to publicly repudiate the selected text.

On March 28 which I last viewed it on Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch, a right-wing affiliate in cooperation with Watchdog group called The Intelligence Summit have linked it from LiveLeak. LiveLeak which expresses freedom of Speech fears for the safety of their workers and have taken it down. It can be seen on Google Video linked on Spencer's website. I rather not link it but it most likely will be taken down. Also please due update your Satellite Google Maps to look for a deep crater on Tehran in 2009.

{Edit - I took the political stuff out of the title, so I wouldn't have to move your thread - Cleveland, GM}

I haven't seen it yet, but I will probably watch it sometime this weekend.  I go to a University that enjoys protesting... a lot  Tongue, so it would be nice to know what everyone will be up in arms about come Monday.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

Wow, here's a suprise.  The web site hosting the Fitna film has taken if off.    Don't know what I find more incredible - that the religion of peace so quickly achieved their goal of compliance with threats of death or that anyone associated with the film was so easy to cow into submission.  This is a history lesson that helps me understand why muslim occupation of Christian countries produced such a great number of conversions by force - bullies always seem to have this effect.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4549294&page=1

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »

I finally got around to watching it on Google Video.  It is graphic in parts, but meh, nothing exactly new.  For just combined what you would find on various websites and all into one compact video.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

Just watched it on Google video too.  I think it was pretty well done.  It certainly raises the question as to what the bleak future is for the Netherlands and Europe.  If you open your country's gates wide, bend and accomodate to every request of your new citizens, whose culture and religion are so alien to your country, and who have no intention of every adapting, are you suprised at what you get?   And this could equally apply in the theoretical sense if Christians immigrated to a predominantly muslim country.  What would give us the right to demand Christianization of their culture?  The Apostles didn't spread the Gospel by demanding accomodation, but by love and free choice.

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 03:40:51 PM »

Just watched it on Google video too.  I think it was pretty well done.  It certainly raises the question as to what the bleak future is for the Netherlands and Europe.  If you open your country's gates wide, bend and accomodate to every request of your new citizens, whose culture and religion are so alien to your country, and who have no intention of every adapting, are you suprised at what you get?   And this could equally apply in the theoretical sense if Christians immigrated to a predominantly muslim country.  What would give us the right to demand Christianization of their culture?  The Apostles didn't spread the Gospel by demanding accomodation, but by love and free choice.

Keep these things in context: the same sort of complaints have been lodged when masses of Catholic immigrants flooded the US, the same rhetoric is basically being used in anti-Mexican immigration (in fact it'd be very easy to create essentially the same video using clips of violence from MS13). 

The need for immigration in industrialized nations isn't going to change anytime soon.  Instead a closer examination of which policies work and a move towards an American model of immigration for more European countries will be the answer.  Yeah I know... it's boring and not nearly as sexy as screaming about the sky falling and some glorious and romantic clash of civilizations. 
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »

The need for immigration in industrialized nations isn't going to change anytime soon.  Instead a closer examination of which policies work and a move towards an American model of immigration for more European countries will be the answer.  Yeah I know... it's boring and not nearly as sexy as screaming about the sky falling and some glorious and romantic clash of civilizations. 

What fun is that?  "Far-right" party gains and closed borders are so much more interesting.   Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:22:13 PM by Friul » Logged

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »

Keep these things in context: the same sort of complaints have been lodged when masses of Catholic immigrants flooded the US, the same rhetoric is basically being used in anti-Mexican immigration (in fact it'd be very easy to create essentially the same video using clips of violence from MS13). 

What part of the Islamists don't want to be absorbed into Western society, but intend on colonizing it into a part of the Muslim world, did you miss?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »

What part of the Islamists don't want to be absorbed into Western society, but intend on colonizing it into a part of the Muslim world, did you miss?

Get out of my country A-rab.  I don't care if you pretend you are a Christian.  You're just an islamist sleeper cell agent.  I saw it it on Fox News. 
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »

Don't forget the white trash was out killing Christian Arabs and Indian Sikhs after 9/11 because they had brown skin. You may end up being "collateral damage."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:53:25 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 02:17:32 PM »

Don't forget the white trash was out killing Christian Arabs and Indian Sikhs after 9/11 because they had brown skin. You may end up being "collateral damage."

Thinking about I find it more and more curious that such anti-immigrant rhetoric would exist among Orthodox living in the West.  Maybe people on this forum aren't of the right demographic to remember members of Metropolia / OCA and MP parishes being called KGB agents and wanting to establish communism in the US.  Thankfully nations such as France and the US were willing to accept so many immigrants from a nation that was so hostile to the West...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »

Could you please explain what you mean by "the Islamists"?  Our Vet and his family are muslim and they are fitting into our neighborhood just fine.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Sunday Morning Costume Parade

I'm just here for the food.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

There's a super guy named Philip Jenkins who you might enjoy if you don't know about him already.  He's written a bit debunking this stuff about Muslims infiltrating Europe and outbreeding the locals in order to take over, institute Sharia law, and sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

- C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
f.k.a. Matron.a
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:11 PM »

There's a super guy named Philip Jenkins who you might enjoy if you don't know about him already.  He's written a bit debunking this stuff about Muslims infiltrating Europe and outbreeding the locals in order to take over, institute Sharia law, and sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

Thanks, I hadn't ever heard of him before.  I did a quick google search and he definitely seems interesting.   
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

Could you please explain what you mean by "the Islamists"?  Our Vet and his family are muslim and they are fitting into our neighborhood just fine.

Ebor
I've heard the word 'Islamist' before and I believe it means 'extremist' in a non-violent, political sense.  In other words, not quite Al-Qaida, but more along the lines of CAIR.  I could be wrong though. Undecided

I haven't heard of very many Muslims becoming vets because of a  supposed hadith of Muhammad's equating dogs with Satan.  I've never seen this hadith mind you, but when I was a practicing Muslim I heard it all the time and I do know that pious Muslims don't have dogs inside the house or as pets as we tend to think of them (part of the family...)  And to call a Muslim a dog is probably one of the worst insults you could use.  At any rate, it's nice to hear about your vet assimilating.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 03:56:02 PM »

News Update

Court refuses to ban Koran film

A court has refused to ban an internet-based film criticising the Koran.

A group representing Dutch Muslims had sought an injunction banning right-wing politician Geert Wilders' film "Fitna," which links terror attacks by Muslim extremists with texts from the Koran.

In a written judgment a civil judge at The Hague District Court said Mr Wilders' right to free speech allows him to criticise radical Islam and passages from the Muslim holy book.

Mr Wilders put the film on the internet the day before lawyers representing the Netherlands Islamic Federation argued it should be outlawed because it was insulting to Muslims.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »

I watched the film all it showed was, what actually happened and the beheading of that poor soul...memory eternal..why would they get angry at this ,,,when it was in the news at different times..he just brought most of it all togeather in his film...... Huh Huh stasko

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags: Koran  Qu'ran  Quran  muslim  Islam  Prophet 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: