Author Topic: Orthodox single mothering  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Humbled

Orthodox single mothering
« on: May 18, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »
Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen!
Are there any other Orthodox Single Mothers or Fathers in this community?
Orthodox by choice?
Single by choice?
If so, let us discuss!
The first item of business is prayer. Has anyone seen an Orthodox prayer for a Single Parent?
And a more sensitive topic: has anyone seen any Orthodox prayers for divorced people?
Regards

Offline pensateomnia

• Bibliophylax
  • Archon
  • metron ariston
Re: Orthodox single mothering
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:30:34 AM »
The first item of business is prayer. Has anyone seen an Orthodox prayer for a Single Parent?
And a more sensitive topic: has anyone seen any Orthodox prayers for divorced people?

Not for a single parent per se, but wouldn't many of the "Parent for Child" prayers be applicable? As far as divorce: Unfortunately, no. There are precious few (if any!) resources/ministries specifically dedicated to divorced people in the Church.

You could always compose several such prayers. Some people write their own specific prayer for this or that purpose according to the general models/borrowing from some of the stock phrases of doxological, penitential and intercessory prayer.
But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »
Hi Humbled! 

I'm in the process of becoming a single mother by choice through adoption.  I have yet to meet another Orthodox one so I think we're pretty unusual. 

Offline Humbled

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:40:55 AM »
Feel free to message me.