OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 06:39:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 Years: GOC America History (Video)  (Read 993 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:48:28 AM »

Dear in Christ,

I thought some of you might be interested in the following video that our diocese has posted online. It is a documentary of the founding of St Markella's Cathedral and the life of Metropolitan Petros of Astoria, the first resident bishop in America for the Greek Old Calendar Church.  It is a collage of photos and footage of him serving at St Markella's and with various ROCOR hierarchs at St Markella's and in Russian parishes.

The video is broken into two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moENYpcpKDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5nKe22liCk

In Christ,

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:30:47 AM »

You should mention that in the beginning the commentary is in Greek... It may come as a shock for someone expecting some sort of chant music or English narrator speaking softly in the background (*chuckle*).

They look like great videos (ok, I've only seen the first one).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:31:50 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »

The first minute or so has some Greek dialogue between my Metropolitan and Metropolitan Petros about how he decided to go to Mount Athos, but then it is just chant with footage.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:23:18 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »

The first minute or so has some Greek dialogue between my Metropolitan and Metropolitan Petros about how he decided to go to Mount Athos, but then it is just chant with footage.

The dialogue sounds interesting, actually.  You should have someone translate it so the others here can hear it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:23:34 PM by Anastasios » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: