Author Topic: BSG scores a Letterman top ten list  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
BSG scores a Letterman top ten list
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline TinaG

• I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
  • High Elder
  • If only my family were this normal !
    • Cometh at Midnight Blog
Re: BSG scores a Letterman top ten list
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
Finally!!! It seems like we've been waiting forever.  I wish I'd gone back to review what I've forgotten.
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
Finally!!! It seems like we've been waiting forever.  I wish I'd gone back to review what I've forgotten.

I have them all on DVD if you need to borrow them...
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline scamandrius

• Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek in exile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
Like all Top 10 lists, there are good parts and not so good parts.  Can't wait to see # 6 naked though!  She's so hot!   :angel:

Veniamin, can you do everyone a favor and just post all the episdoes here illegally and make them available for downloading?  Really, we should create an Battlestar Galactica forum on this website!
I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
I have them all on DVD if you need to borrow them...

That would take just about all of Lent to go through them - I don't know how I'd explain giving up reading the Psalter and The Lenten Spring for watching BSG episodes.   Thanks for the offer. :)
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
Can't wait to see # 6 naked though!  She's so hot!   :angel:

You did not just say that, did you!!!  Drop and give us 100 prostrations while repeating "she's just a tin can, she's just a tin can".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 02:57:32 PM by TinaG »

Offline scamandrius

• Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek in exile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
You did not just say that, did you!!!  Drop and give us 100 prostrations while repeating "she's just a tin can, she's just a tin can".

Yes, I did say that.  The only reason to do 100 prostrations would be if I did NOT say what I said. 
I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 04:58:36 PM »
Yes, I did say that.  The only reason to do 100 prostrations would be if I did NOT say what I said. 

Or if you were okay with seeing Colonel Tigh naked.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 07:31:42 PM »
david letterman doesn't know what he's talking about,,especally when it's about the new  Battle star gallactica the worst of any si-fi show iv seen..it so sloooowwwww in action, so borrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing .,,the old original is much better.....i love si fi but not that one.....hopefully the last episodes will be better..........stanislav
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:00:47 PM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »
david letterman doesn't know what he's talking about,,especally when it's about the new  Battle star gallactica the worst of any si-fi show iv seen..it so slow in action, so boring .,,the old original is much better.....i love si fi but not that one.....hopefully the last episodes will be better..........stanislav

No accounting for taste, I suppose...

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Veniamin, can you do everyone a favor and just post all the episdoes here illegally and make them available for downloading?  Really, we should create an Battlestar Galactica forum on this website!

just go over to isohunt.com ;)
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
That would take just about all of Lent to go through them - I don't know how I'd explain giving up reading the Psalter and The Lenten Spring for watching BSG episodes.   Thanks for the offer. :)

Perhaps because they're far better written? ;)

Heck, that's half the reason she's so hot...though I'm still partial to (the new!!!) Starbuck, despite her being a mere human. ;D
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
david letterman doesn't know what he's talking about,,especally when it's about the new  Battle star gallactica the worst of any si-fi show iv seen..it so sloooowwwww in action, so borrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing .,,the old original is much better.....i love si fi but not that one.....hopefully the last episodes will be better..........stanislav

I was a boy-crazy 13 yo and I thought Starbuck (the guy Starbuck) was a hottie, but 1970's BSG and 21st century BSG is like comparing apples and oranges.  I did like the old Baltazar better though - straight up bad guy, not conflicted, whiny bad guy with an identity crisis.

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:19:49 AM »
I was a boy-crazy 13 yo and I thought Starbuck (the guy Starbuck) was a hottie, but 1970's BSG and 21st century BSG is like comparing apples and oranges.  I did like the old Baltazar better though - straight up bad guy, not conflicted, whiny bad guy with an identity crisis.

I thought Baltazar was one of the three wise men... :P

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
 :laugh:  Ooops I'm a ditz!   Baltar.  Wasn't the guy who played him Greek?  John Colicos?  (He was also a fabulous Klingon)

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »

Sorry i don't know what you mean by this....boy crazy at 13..?? but the old baltezar was better the girls were hot in the old original one ..it seem to me the old one had more action...this new one i just couldn't get used to it ,,,to me it truly was borrrriiinggg and awful...i stopped recording it after watching a few episoded of it ...to each his or her own....but like i said hopfully the last episodes will be better......cbs  should of kept the jericho series up that was a good program instead of canceling it.....stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:38:58 PM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.