OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 05:30:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frederica Matthews-Green visit  (Read 1399 times) Average Rating: 0
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »

Frederica Matthews-Green will be visiting our parish Saturday April 5th. If anyone may be in the area and interested. Reception is at 5:00 pm, Vespers at 6:00 pm, and address at 7:00 pm; free of charge of course. Announcement on last page of our bulletin from March 2nd: http://www.antiochian.org/system/files/bulletin3-2-082207.pdf  and our parish website is http://www.antiochian.org/Wilkes-Barre . Our church is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA. In the northeastern region of the state. All are welcome.

Antiochian OC N.A.
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:50:53 PM »

Your parish is very blessed to have her come and speak.  She was our guest speaker at our Lenten retreat about 8 years ago and she is very dynamic and entertaining.  I could have listened to her for hours more. 

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »

I pray it will bear  fruit to the glory of God. That some will be brought to Orthodoxy, that she will help encourage & enlighten us in our faith, that new life will be instilled into the Orthodox churches in our region.

Antiochian OC N.A.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »

What an opportunity. She is truly a gifted writer.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »

In case by some long shot someone had intended to attend her appearance, it has been regretfully cancelled. Frederica's mother is severely ill and perhaps near death (do not know specifics). Lord have mercy on Frederica's mother, Frederica, family & all affected.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Paradosis

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 04:18:26 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of the cancellation.  I hadn't plan to attend myself, but I had heard about the planned visit.  May the Lord grant great mercy to her mother and entire family right now. 
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »

Lord have mercy on Your servant Frederica, her mother, and all her family.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

Doamne Milueste

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: