OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:57:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appeasing Islam  (Read 912 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: March 19, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

Hey Guys!

I know this topic has been done to death, but I seriously wanted to present this video. It's like a bar of Dove Dark Chocolate for peoples' common sense....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9dXGJ2rYdA&NR=1

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »

It's like a bar of Dove Dark Chocolate for peoples' common sense....
You think so?
Pat Condell is a militant Atheist.
No wonder he's a racist bigot with no respect for anyone's religious beliefs.
Just check out his website: http://www.patcondell.net/

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »

I disagree with his views on Christianity, but I think he's very much on the mark about Islam....
I do feel he often comes off as an angry Leprechaun about many issues. Undecided
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:19:02 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »

I disagree with his views on Christianity, but I think he's very much on the mark about Islam....
And I would argue that if anyone rejects and mocks Christianity, then their opion about anything else should be held in high suspicion by anyone claiming to follow Christ.
God is Love. Whoever rejects God rejects Love, and acts on this rejection of Love. Why should anyone who claims to follow Christ learn how to treat their neighbour from someone who has publicly proclaimed his Godlessness?

If this thread is about politics and not religion, then it should be moved to the private Politics forum.

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »

eh...I'd say it's both. I wonder, given the reactions of many Muslims to world events, as well as the nature of their Holy Book, I wonder how tolerant we should be towards their religion? We should all strive for a following of The Golden Rule, but as religious folks, what should our response be to the violence exhibited by this religion? (Yes, I know there's plenty in our own...)

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

as religious folks, what should our response be to the violence exhibited by this religion?
I would argue that Orthodox Christians are not "religious folks", but be that as it may, those who follow Christ should do what He tells them to do, otherwise they are living a sham:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."
Matthew 5:43-48

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: