Author Topic: CRTL/OCN WEB SITE HACKED  (Read 1318 times)

Offline thetraditionalfrog

• Traditional Frog
  • Faith: Orthodox
CRTL/OCN WEB SITE HACKED
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:41:35 PM »
Sadly, some Turkish organisation has hacked the CRTL/OCN Network (Come Receive The Light/Orthodox Christian Network) web site.

I am aware from my use of the internet that this organisation has hacked both Orthodox and Roman Catholic Sites in the past.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum works for or is connected with this site... if not perhaps someone could inform the webmaster so it can be corrected. This is a good site and I hate to see this has happened.

Anyway, the WWW :police: need to look into this!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:42:18 PM by thetraditionalfrog »
“For the honorable Cross and golden freedom!” -Sv Lazar

“Give up everything for Christ, but Christ for nothing!” -Sv Sava

Offline alexp4uni

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
Re: CRTL/OCN WEB SITE HACKED
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
They hate Greeks so much that honest to goodness Orthodox Christian Americans and Serbs, Armenians etc. wouldn't even present nearly enough of smear campaign that Young Nationalists do themselves. And the sad thing is extremists Turkish politicians take every conspiracy theory as gospel just to break down the secularism in that country.

Offline alexp4uni

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »
Ok I take that back this is more of an enterprise of some punk Turkish Hackers maybe this just harmless fun with  obnoxious grafitti attached to their name. This wont happen the second time.

Offline TinaG

• I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
  • High Elder
  • If only my family were this normal !
    • Cometh at Midnight Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:38:19 AM »
I just checked and it seems to be fine now. 
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »
Sadly, some Turkish organisation has hacked the CRTL/OCN Network (Come Receive The Light/Orthodox Christian Network) web site.

I am aware from my use of the internet that this organisation has hacked both Orthodox and Roman Catholic Sites in the past.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum works for or is connected with this site... if not perhaps someone could inform the webmaster so it can be corrected. This is a good site and I hate to see this has happened.

Anyway, the WWW :police: need to look into this! 

Pensateomnia works for OCN.  They've got the site back up again (I just checked it out - there seems to be no sign of the hack).
How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam