OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 08:23:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Roman Church Sincere about Ecumenism?  (Read 9394 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« on: March 12, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »

This thread has been split from the
EP & Met Zizioulas Slam the Russian Orthodox Church as They Meet In Rome topic.

Even if the Pope is a man of the utmost integrity he must have felt a small frisson of delight to see the Moscow-Constantinople problem get ratcheted up several more notches.

How the Catholics must despise these two men, even as they will use them and shower praises on them.

I find this quite offensive Fr. Ambrose. Catholics have no desire to see disccord and splintering in the Eastern Orthodox Churches.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:43:31 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »

I find this quite offensive Fr. Ambrose. Catholics have no desire to see disccord and splintering in the Eastern Orthodox Churches.

If anything, we would like unity! It would make it a lot easier in ecumenical discussions and agreements.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »

Since they are in Rome, didn't they notice the scramble to undo the chaos of the reshaping of tradition a la Vatican II, out of which Rome is only now emerging?

More accurately, the "spirit of Vatican II." I believe the Council will bring forth great fruit during this century, once it is properly and more fully (and faithfully) implemented. It will help equip the Catholic Church to face the unprecedented challenges to Christianity in the post-modern world. We are already on the front lines in this struggle.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:01:35 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »

Im against any type of unity with the catholic roman church .....the ecumenical patriarch is trying to rush this unity he seems to be overlooking alot what rome has done to the east also our different theologies. ...why are we orthodox sending  our future religious to latin education centers ,,,we have our own education centers...it seems to me that our religious the ecumenical patriarch and metropalitan zizolous have been infected by rome ,,they should be sent their to live and have all the unity they want...with out us....i truly hope the the greek orthodox church in the u.s.a.  seperates it 's self from constantinople and becomes self governing....im all for the russian orthodox patriarchate taking the helm ...to lead and guide us....

From constantinople our mother church we got our orthodoxy...if our mother fails to defend our ancient faith by kissing up to the latins and by interducing thing like  organs ,,pews,,,new calender..and only God knows whats waiting to be interduced in the future...we have to find a new mom...russia could be  or the other ancient patriarchates mybe the one in antioch any one would be better than the one we have now......i rather see a split between us than allow this unity to happen......stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:26:19 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

if our mother fails to defend our ancient faith by kissing up to the latins and by interducing thing like  organs ,,pews,,,new calender..and only God knows whats waiting to be interduced in the future
Oh my! Are you serious? You think that organs and pews are erros? WOW!!!

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »

Great, here comes the Anathema Against Pews....

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »

Dear Papist,

In 1997, Metropolitan Anthony Bloom of Sourozh (one of the great notable men of the Russin Church of our lifetime) wrote something totally honest and also quite extraordinary for a person who had actively participated for decades in the ecumenical dialogue between the Orthodox and Catholics. 

When he was unable to attend the annual Synod in Moscow because of ill health he
delivered a written report to the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church and in part his report reads:

"Our relationship with Roman Catholicism

"It is time we realised that Rome is only interested in 'extinguishing' Orthodoxy. Theological encounters and 'accords' on the basis of texts lead us up a blind alley, for behind them there looms a firm resolve of the Vatican to swallow up the Orthodox Church."

The whole thing is in "Sourozh" the diocesan magazine of the UK Russian diocese:

Metr. Anthony of Sourozh, "A Letter to Patriarch Alexis of Moscow and All
Russia", SOUROZH, 69 (August 1997), 17-22.

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »

Organs are horrible.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:05:29 PM »

Dear Papist,

In 1997, Metropolitan Anthony Bloom of Sourozh (one of the great notable men of the Russin Church of our lifetime) wrote something totally honest and also quite extraordinary for a person who had actively participated for decades in the ecumenical dialogue between the Orthodox and Catholics. 

When he was unable to attend the annual Synod in Moscow because of ill health he
delivered a written report to the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church and in part his report reads:

"It is time we realised that Rome is only interested in 'extinguishing' Orthodoxy. Theological encounters and 'accords' on the basis of texts lead us up a blind alley, for behind them there looms a firm resolve of the Vatican to swallow up the Orthodox Church."

The whole thing is in "Sourozh" the diocesan magazine of the UK Russian diocese:

Father Bless ....I agree with this russian metropolitan in what he said..rome is out to destroy us ...i read a article a while back about this subject now if only i can find it .......i wonder the education center in rome that the ecumenical patriarch and the metropolitan zizolus attended was set up for this purpose to destroy from the inside out ...just wondering about it....stasko/stanislav..................if the jesuits could masquerade as orthodox priest to decieve in the past trying to fragment splinter the orthodox church ,,,anything is possable............

Edited only in order to fix quote.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:49:05 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »

Dear Papist,

And yet, he is so very wrong. I have seen you posting on line for several years now and it has always appeared that you take every opportunity you can to take jabs at the Catholic Church, whether your position is unfounded or not. Its interteresting becasue people who do this are usually those who are not as convinced of their own postion as they would lead others to believe. Are you doubting Eastern Orthodoxy?

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »

Organs are horrible.
Really? I was just at a discernment weekend for the Dominican Order and the organ music that accompanied our prayers was simply sublime.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 06:39:24 PM »

And yet, he is so very wrong. I have seen you posting on line for several years now and it has always appeared that you take every opportunity you can to take jabs at the Catholic Church, whether your position is unfounded or not.
The history of interaction between the Orthodox Church and Roman Catholicism gives every reason to be very cautious and suspicious when dealing with the Roman Catholics. We must not be naive and that is why it is beneficial to remember such trenchant statements as Metropolitan Anthony's from time to time.

ts interteresting becasue people who do this are usually those who are not as convinced of their own postion as they would lead others to believe. Are you doubting Eastern Orthodoxy?
Have you seen any evidence that I am not convinced of the Orthodox position?
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »

Organs weren't part of orthodoxy when i was growing up neither were pews,or new calendar.,,we kept the holy orthodox church the way we recieved it from our mother church in constantinople.....now our mother church has changed,,but we the children remain as it was given to us almost iv seen pews in some of our churches never liked them ,,,but thank God we don't have organ's or the new calendar,,,,,,hello new mom are you out there your children are calling you to bring us back to the ancient orthodox way....stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:21:49 PM by stashko » Logged

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

Organs are horrible.

Nothing so beautiful as an organ recital of Bach's canatas and fueges. Thanks be to God for talented and artistically/musically inspired people!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:45:28 PM by Riddikulus » Logged

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »

Organs weren't part of orthodoxy when i was growing up neither were pews,or new calendar.,,we kept the holy orthodox church the way we recieved it from our mother church in constantinople.....now our mother church has changed,,but we the children remain as it was given to us almost iv seen pews in some of our churches never liked them ,,,but thank God we don't have organ's or the new calendar,,,,,,hello new mom are you out there you children are calling you to bring us back to the ancient orthodox way....stasko/stanislav

If we had more psaltis we wouldn't need organs. Instead of complaining about organs become a psalty. Wink
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:01:49 PM by Demetrios G. » Logged

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »

Nothing so beautiful as an organ recital of Bach's canatas and fueges. Thanks be to God for talented and artistically/musically inspired people!
Brother,,,
For the latins maybe its fine.....  but not for us orthodox we like our ancient traditional way better.......and  not in the holy orthodox divine  liturgy.....stasko/stanislav

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 10:07:53 PM »

Have you seen any evidence that I am not convinced of the Orthodox position?
Just in the manner you attack the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Its as if you have to attack her to convince yourself of your religion. Its just old fashioned psychology.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »

Just in the manner you attack the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Its as if you have to attack her to convince yourself of your religion. Its just old fashioned psychology.
Right!  So is this the reason you had to attack us by creating what were originally called Uniate Churches but are now called "Orthodox in communion with Rome"?
find this quite offensive Fr. Ambrose. Catholics have no desire to see disccord and splintering in the Eastern Orthodox Churches.
Never heard of uniatism?  A nasty, thoroughly well-organised and ongoing attempt to subvert the unity of the Orthodox Churches.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

If we had more psaltis we wouldn't need organs. Instead of complaining about organs become a psalty. Wink

It's no excuse to have organs ,,,if i had a voice i would sing.....nothing like the natural human voices singing praises to the co substantial and undivided Trinity our great Lord and God ,,,who gave us the voices to praise him.......please don't mention that in the old testament  the jews used instuments to praise the lord.....i know that but we arn't jews......
Brother,,,
     Ive heard Good Cantors and bad ones ,,also good and bad choirs  ..i prefer them anyday than a organ...God truly blesses his children that do the best in singing with a good or bad voice ,,because they gave to God all that they had ....also there voices improve for the better the longer one sings, thats God's blessing to them ....stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:49:07 PM by stashko » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »

That religious school in Rome that trains eastern clergy,, for got the name what ever it's called.....that place is trying to destroy  orthodoxy from the inside out..,,just look at the ecumenical patriarch and metropolitan zizolous what it done to them......we better wake up and stop sending our future religious there for education......rome  is not our friend it's to power hungry and it won't give it up ....this german pope i don't trust at all ........he will say few small things to pacifie us but he won't give up power,, germans arn't known to give up power that easy .....stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:27:43 AM by stashko » Logged

Heracleides
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarch of Jerusalem

Kona-Kai

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 11:21:04 PM »

Odd, I've never seen Fr. Ambrose do any such thing.  You on the other hand are noted for your attacks on the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.  Go figure.  Roll Eyes  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:23:40 PM by Heracleides » Logged

"And having found Heracleides there again, we instructed him to proclaim the Gospel of God..."  ~Acts of Barnabas
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »

Organs are horrible.

I certainly agree...but am not quite willing to elevate my personal opinions about aesthetics to the level of dogma.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 02:18:21 AM »

Really? I was just at a discernment weekend for the Dominican Order and the organ music that accompanied our prayers was simply sublime.

Wow, with which province? I was just at one a month ago in the Eastern Province!
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 02:46:04 AM »

Brother,,,
For the latins maybe its fine.....  but not for us orthodox we like our ancient traditional way better.......and  not in the holy orthodox divine  liturgy.....stasko/stanislav

Firstly, I'm not a brother!  Grin

Secondly, I wasn't suggesting that Bach should be played during the liturgy.

Thirdly, I'm of the opinion that beautiful music is to be enjoyed whenever and wherever we find it. I'm quite sure that God-given talents aren't regional, nor dependant on one's personal theology.  Tongue

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »

Firstly, I'm not a brother!  Grin

Secondly, I wasn't suggesting that Bach should be played during the liturgy.

Thirdly, I'm of the opinion that beautiful music is to be enjoyed whenever and wherever we find it. I'm quite sure that God-given talents aren't regional, nor dependant on one's personal theology.  Tongue

sorry about that......i agree out of the church its fine who ever likes it the organ music will seek it out....i ve been here in chicago at lasalle and oak st to greek church that has a organ hated it .....they  had it so loud it gave a me headache..i left ...never went back to holy liturgy there....though i do support there summer festival they do know how to celibrate plus i like the greek music non liturgical that is....stasko/stanislav
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:38:05 AM by stashko » Logged

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 03:45:36 AM »

For me, nothing beats a Solemn High Mass with schola, polyphonic choir and organ!
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 04:31:29 AM »

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 04:35:39 AM »

^^LOL

Paisius
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 05:14:47 AM »

Great, here comes the Anathema Against Pews....

From the Synodicon of Orthodoxy (unauthorized version Wink)

To those who impiously teach that the ordered seating of Christians in hardened wooden boxes during divine services is pleasing and acceptable to God.

AnathemaGrin

Yours in Christ
Paisius

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 05:54:22 AM »

From the Synodicon of Orthodoxy (unauthorized version Wink)

To those who impiously teach that the ordered seating of Christians in hardened wooden boxes during divine services is pleasing and acceptable to God.

AnathemaGrin

Yours in Christ
Paisius

And what if the seating is soft and comfortable? Is that pleasing and acceptable to God?  Tongue

The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »

The short answer: according to Rome's own lights yes! Although some Roman Catholic websites (including biased news ones) egg on division between Orthodox leaders I don't think 'divide and conquer' is what Rome is trying to do (unlike in the 1500s with the start of the Greek Catholic churches). Rome wants corporate reunion with all the Orthodox. It sincerely believes that Orthodoxy with the modern Vatican glued on top would still be Orthodoxy. Essentially Greek Catholicism writ large only not self-latinised.

You can love much in Western Catholicism including the traditional music, acknowledging the massive amount it and the Eastern Orthodox have in common (including the big difference with Protestants, belief in an infallible church), but see the Orthodox point (without falling into 'graceless heretics' rhetoric) that because the two sides differ on how exactly the infallible church works, a union now would mean a unia: one side ceasing to be what it is now.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »

i don't think so......as Father ponted out by the russian metropolitan the catholic church is out to destroy orthodoxy...exsample bosnia world war 11  Franciscans/ustasha also somthing in the news link,,,,,,catholic clergy and nuns at work.......stasko/stanislav......................Rwandan priest gets life for 1,500 dead 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/ap_on_re_af/rwanda_genocide

ARUSHA, Tanzania - A U.N. tribunal has extended the sentence of a priest to life in prison after upholding his war crimes conviction for ordering militiamen to burn and bulldoze a church with 1,500 people inside during the 1994 Rwandan genocide.

ADVERTISEMENT

The International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda's ruling came after Rwandan Roman Catholic priest Athanase Serombawar appealed his 2006 conviction, a tribunal statement posted on its Web site late Wednesday said. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison.

The tribunal is trying the alleged masterminds of the 100-day Rwandan genocide in which more than 500,000 minority Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed by Hutu extremists.

The tribunal said it convicted Seromba for "his role in the destruction of the church in Nyange Parish, and the consequent death of approximately 1500 Tutsi refugees sheltering inside."

Seromba was convicted of leading a militia that attacked the people and poured fuel through the roof of the church, while police threw grenades inside. After failing to kill everybody inside the church, Seromba ordered it to be demolished, the tribunal found.

Thousands of Rwandans have turned away from Catholicism, angered and saddened by the complicity of church officials in the genocide.

Priests, nuns and followers were implicated in the killings and some churches were sites of notorious massacres.

The Rwanda war crimes tribunal has delivered 32 judgments, including five acquittals, since the U.N. Security Council established it in November 1994. There are 27 trials under way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:20:48 PM by stashko » Logged

The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 01:55:38 PM »

You're confusing the conduct of some people in the Roman Catholic Church with official Roman Catholic policy, and what happened in Rwanda was nothing to do with Eastern Orthodoxy.

Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »

It's no excuse to have organs ,,,if i had a voice i would sing.....nothing like the natural human voices singing praises to the co substantial and undivided Trinity our great Lord and God ,,,who gave us the voices to praise him.......please don't mention that in the old testament  the jews used instuments to praise the lord.....i know that but we arn't jews......
Brother,,,
     Ive heard Good Cantors and bad ones ,,also good and bad choirs  ..i prefer them anyday than a organ...God truly blesses his children that do the best in singing with a good or bad voice ,,because they gave to God all that they had ....also there voices improve for the better the longer one sings, thats God's blessing to them ....stasko/stanislav
First you state that if you had a voice you would sing and than in your next paragraph you state that even a bad chanter is welcomed. Thats fine but do you see the delema.
You're still not singing or chanting. Roll Eyes I don't like organs and I doubt there will be organs in the next age. Someone has to step up don't you think?

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 04:17:15 PM »

Right!  So is this the reason you had to attack us by creating what were originally called Uniate Churches but are now called "Orthodox in communion with Rome"?*
Never heard of uniatism?  A nasty, thoroughly well-organised and ongoing attempt to subvert the unity of the Orthodox Churches.

Uniatism was not designed to destroy the Eastern Orthodox Church. Rather it is a place for those who want to be Catholic without becoming Latin. It is meant to bring the EO Church back into communion with the Church established by Jesus Christ. It may not be the best way to accomplish this but it is an attempt.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:18:28 PM by Papist » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »

First you state that if you had a voice you would sing and than in your next paragraph you state that even a bad chanter is welcomed. Thats fine but do you see the delema.
You're still not singing or chanting. Roll Eyes I don't like organs and I doubt there will be organs in the next age. Someone has to step up don't you think?

your absolutly right i did say that but since we use old slavonic in the serbian church and i don't know it at all ,,,its going to tough to sing......stasko/stanislav

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

You're confusing the conduct of some people in the Roman Catholic Church with official Roman Catholic policy, and what happened in Rwanda was nothing to do with Eastern Orthodoxy.

Brate....may be different countrys but it is similar the atrocities though here it was catholic on catholic and if there were orthodox there they would of swiped the orthodox out probably first .....how do you know the official  roman church policy......i don't trust them.....if all of our bishops are smart they wouldn't either.....including his Holiness the ecumenical Patriarch.......stasko/stanislav

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »

Brate....may be different countrys but it is similar the atrocities though here it was catholic on catholic and if there were orthodox there they would of swiped the orthodox out probably first .....how do you know the official  roman church policy......i don't trust them.....if all of our bishops are smart they wouldn't either.....including his Holiness the ecumenical Patriarch.......stasko/stanislav

In the absence of any valid secret documents detailing a hidden agenda, the best indicator of what the Latins' policy is will be what they tell the world it is.  Unless you have any evidence that it isn't their policy, you're engaging in nothing but groundless speculation.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

The Melkite Catholic Patriarch has called uniatism "an ecclesiological failure," which – as he sees it – can only be corrected by moving from unia to koinonia.

http://www.mliles.com/melkite/patholyapostles.pdf
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:35:32 PM by Apotheoun » Logged

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

In the absence of any valid secret documents detailing a hidden agenda, the best indicator of what the Latins' policy is will be what they tell the world it is.  Unless you have any evidence that it isn't their policy, you're engaging in nothing but groundless speculation.
(speaking to stashko)  And I might add the adjective paranoid to describe this speculation.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:02:07 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »

In the absence of any valid secret documents detailing a hidden agenda, the best indicator of what the Latins' policy is will be what they tell the world it is.
You mean, like the"La Vista Report"?

" Fourteen years ago the U.S. Government de-classified the now famous "La Vista Report" of May 15, 1947, a top-secret U.S. Army Intelligence report documenting the Vatican’s role in aiding the escape of numerous high-ranking Nazi war criminals, among them Ante Pavelic, fascist leader of wartime Croatia; Franz Stangel, Commander of Treblinka; Eduard Roschmann, "the Butcher of Riga"; Klaus Barbie, "the Butcher of Lyon"; SS General Walter Rauff, inventor of the mobile gas truck; Adolf Eichmann, "architect of the Holocaust"; and tens of thousands of others. Writing about the document prior to its release, internationally renowned Nazi hunter Charles R. Allen Jr. noted that in light of the revelations contained in this and other classified documents about the role of the Vatican in the Holocaust it would be logical and proper that a commission of inquiry into these concerns including Jewish and Catholic scholars ought to be established to locate and examine all documentation in all relevant archives so that collectively they may determine what role both the Vatican and US Intelligence played in aiding and abetting the escape of some of history’s most notorious murderers. ...............

.........The leader of the Catholic Church in Croatia, Archbishop Stepinac, fervently supported the Ustasha movement and welcomed the invading Nazi army as it entered Zagreb. On April 11th he met with Ustasha leaders and on April 12th he blessed the newly arrived Ustasha leadership in a public ceremony at his cathedral. In his Easter address of that month he compared the creation of the new fascist state to the resurrection of Christ. In his pastoral letter of April 28th he ordered the clergy and called upon all Catholic people of Croatia and Bosnia to follow their "Poglavnik" (Fuhrer) Ante Pavelic, for he had seen in Pavelic’s rule "God’s hand in action." The pastoral letter was read over the radio and in every Catholic parish in fascist Croatia.

Stepinac met with the Croatian Fuhrer when he arrived from Italy on April 16th. That evening Stepinac held a dinner party in his residence in honor of Pavelic and the Ustasha leadership. In his diary, Stepinac described the day and admitted that Pavelic told him of his plans to "exterminate" the non-Catholic religions in Croatia. Stepinac’s diary indicates that he too was prepared for an all out religious war, for he added that "If that man (Pavelic) rules Croatia for ten years...Croatia will be a paradise on earth."

There is no question that Stepinac knew of the Ustasha’s plans for committing genocide even before they came to power. After Stepinac’s death in 1960, Ilija Jukic, a leading member of the Croatian Peasant Party, wrote of how he had told Stepinac in March 1941 that the Pavelic-Budak group "were thinking of applying Hitler’s methods to the Serbs in Croatia if they ever came to power." Stepinac disingenuously told Jukic that he would look into it. But Stepinac already was resolved on an attitude of passive acceptance of genocide, as is revealed from entries in his diary, such as one from 1940 when he wrote: "... the Serbs have not learned anything... and in the end they will lose everything.... I wish them no evil because they are God’s children. But if nothing can teach them a lesson, distress will."'

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 12:02:45 AM »

(speaking to stashko)  And I would add the adjective paranoid to describe this speculation.

Now i see there are many posters that stopped posting here, on this forum  it has a lot of old posts that go back years,,let me ask the question were are these people were did they go ,,, maybe replies by the moderators like this drove them off.....when i first joined this forum i compilmented the interaction  be us and the moderators maybe i spoke to soon ....ask father ambrose if im parinoid or not....history it self confesses romes treachery against the orthodox east......so if that makes me parinoid so be it .....mom and dad were in jesenovac bosnia death camp due to the croatian/Franciscan/ustasha..... stasko/stanislav

Heracleides
Elder

Jurisdiction: Patriarch of Jerusalem

Kona-Kai

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »

Stashko...  These are the same folks who were touting the "Vatican propaganda" machine in another thread last week. Just consider the sources and don't worry about their lack of consistency.  Roll Eyes

"And having found Heracleides there again, we instructed him to proclaim the Gospel of God..."  ~Acts of Barnabas
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2008, 12:17:04 AM »

maybe replies by the moderators like this drove them off.....
I'm a moderator too, and I have a different opinion (see above).
Don't forget, moderators are poster's too. Unless they are writing in green they are not acting as a moderator. We moderators couldn't be a more different bunch of posters, and often disagree about issues such as this, but we still manage to work together.
I can understand this thread upsetting you.
Remember, it's the first week of Lent, and the Purple Demons are about (I think you guys call them the "Snakes"). These demons will make people say and do things they don't mean to do. A metania and asking of forgiveness is enough to drive them away and the Bells of Pascha will send them back to hell until next year.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »

Stashko...  These are the same folks who were touting the "Vatican propaganda" machine in another thread last week. Just consider the sources and don't worry about their lack of consistency.  Roll Eyes

I read it Brother....they really  slamed into our saintly Fr. Ambrose on that thread.......God forgive them...stasko/stanislav

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: