OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 11:36:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angels learning?  (Read 1083 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »

Hey Guys! Grin

If we are able to learn from our Guardian Angels about the Spiritual Realm and about the Nature of God, are our angels able to learn (and perhaps meditate on?) about the personalities of their charges, and human quirkiness in general?

Myrrh23

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:05 AM »

From what I have read, I understand that those angels who did not fall are "constantly growing" in their love for God. Whether it includes "learning" in our human sense of this word, I am not sure.

Love never fails.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »

If we are able to learn from our Guardian Angels about the Spiritual Realm and about the Nature of God, are our angels able to learn (and perhaps meditate on?) about the personalities of their charges, and human quirkiness in general?

Wondering if you're keeping yours up at night? Tongue

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:15 AM »

Since angels are ethereal beings, made of spirit, but can take any form to do the will of God, we cannot TRULY understand them, being that we are confined by our createdness.  

SO the very idea that we are putting human qualities like learning and understanding to angels, is problematic.  

If an angel can purposefully rebel against God and His will (Lucifer), then I would bet that they can learn about us and etc.  

What their role is in our lives is completely up to God, so if they are learning about us it is because God wants them to.  

I have no idea if I answered your question.  sorry...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »

Wondering if you're keeping yours up at night? Tongue

I guess nightmares for angels would have to do with having to listen to what floats through the brains of their charges...especially when they're insomniacs! Grin
I bet that's what's really happening when furniture moves on its own...it's our angels scooting away from their weirdo charges.... Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:08:54 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Tags: angels 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: