OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 01:23:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a Blessed Great Lent  (Read 1362 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: March 08, 2008, 01:29:46 AM »

The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenten Prayer Of St. Ephrem The Syrian
O Lord and Master of my life!
Take from me the spirit of sloth,
faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk.
But give rather the spirit of chastity,
humility, patience, and love to Thy servant.
Yea, Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother, for Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 50 (51)
Have mercy upon me, 0 God, according to Your great mercy; and according to the multitude of Your compassion, blot out my transgression. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done evil in Your sight, that You may be found just when You speak, and victorious when You are judged. For behold, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me. For behold, You have loved truth; You have made known to me the secret and hidden things of Your wisdom. You shall sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; You shall wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness, that the afflicted bones may rejoice. Turn Your face away from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, 0 God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and establish me with Your governing Spirit. I shall teach transgressors Your ways, and the ungodly shall turn back to You. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, 0God, the God of my salvation, my tongue shall joyfully declare Your righteousness. Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Your praise. For if You had desired sacrifice, I would give it; you do not delight in burnt offerings. A sacrifice to God is a broken spirit; God will not despise a broken and a humbled heart. Do good in Your good pleasure to Sion; and let the walls of Jerusalem be built. Then You shall be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole burnt offerings. Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar.

May each of us have a Blessed and Holy Great Lent.  Let us meet each hardship with love and patience.  Let us learn to kill our pride and egos.  Let us learn to love one another.  Let us each grow closer to our Sweet and Precious Savior Lord Jesus Christ, our King and our God.  In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 08:43:40 AM »

Amen. Please pray for me, a sinner. I'll be praying for all of you.

Love never fails.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:59:26 AM »

Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Justacloserwalk

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »

Pray for me a sinner. Lord have mercy.

Barbara

1 Cor 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »

Amen.  Lord have mercy on us all.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »

Amen. Lord have mercy on us all.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: