Author Topic: State of Rio Grande Declares Independence  (Read 2677 times)

Offline arimethea

• Getting too old for this
  • Archon
  • Does anyone really care what you think?
State of Rio Grande Declares Independence
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »
We the ethnic Mexicans who live along the Rio Grande declare our independence from the United States of America. We will be forcing those people who are not Mexican out of our country which has always been Mexican in nature. As many of you know Mexicans are very different from Texans and the Rio Grande territory has always been Mexican but was illegal taken from the Mexicans during the 1800's. We therefore invite the world community to join us in our self recognition.
Joseph

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
Re: State of Rio Grande Declares Independence
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
Viva el Estado del Rio Grande!
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »
The Foreign Minister of the Banana Republic (FFK - Formerly Florida Keys) released this communication just minutes ago:
"Our government hereby recognizes the sovereignty of the newly independent State of Rio Grande."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:35:33 AM by Αριστοκλής »
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Fr. David

• The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
  • Archon
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »
Hmm...they've tried this once before!   ;)

Looks like they'll be bringing this flag back up the pole:

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
We the ethnic Mexicans who live along the Rio Grande declare our independence from the United States of America. We will be forcing those people who are not Mexican out of our country which has always been Mexican in nature. As many of you know Mexicans are very different from Texans and the Rio Grande territory has always been Mexican but was illegal taken from the Mexicans during the 1800's. We therefore invite the world community to join us in our self recognition.
As a hispanic in who lives in New Mexico I reject the above mentioned declaration of independance and maintain my loyalty to the United States of America.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
We the ethnic Mexicans Albanians who live along the Rio Grande in Kosovo declare our independence from the United States of America Serbia. We will be forcing those people who are not Mexican Albanian out of our country which has always been Mexican Albanian in nature. As many of you know Mexicans Albanians are very different from Texans Serbs and the Rio Grande territory Kosovo has always been Mexican Albanian but was illegal taken from the Mexicans Albanians during the 1800's well, never but we're claiming it just the same! We therefore invite the world community to join us in our self recognition.

Warned for trying to turn this innocent thread into a discussion on Kosovo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:03:58 AM by arimethea »
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Basil 320

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
And..."Greater Philadelphia Proclaims Independence"  Islamic immigrants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the traditional birthplace of American democracy, today..."
"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 01:26:46 AM »
Yes. I hope that Condolezza will help you to setup this independent country. Perhaps you can also take a part of Los Angeles county which is host to millions of illegal immigrants who are searching for their own independent country, since the USA refuses them  citizenship. It is only fair and just and according to international law that people be granted citizenship and if the USA is denying this to them, then the time has come to declare an independent state. Further, a separate American Indian state is needed, so that American Indians can feel welcome in their own country. Hopefully, Condolezza will grant the same cordiality toward the separatist movements on the part of the illegal USA immigrants and on the part of the American Indians as she has so cordially welcomed and endorsed the separatist movement in Kosovo.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »
Is Malibu community going independent, too?  ???
Love never fails.

Offline Eugenio

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 12:40:04 AM »
While we're at it, we should recognize the Lakota Sioux claims to the Black Hills.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/12/21/5946/

Not to mention the Conch Republic! Viva Free Key West!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_Republic

Seriously, though, from a legal standpoint, I think the Sioux have a legitimate claim to the Black Hills. Those people have consistently been screwed over by the U.S. government for 150 or so years now...

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »
While we're at it, we should recognize the Lakota Sioux claims to the Black Hills.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/12/21/5946/

Not to mention the Conch Republic! Viva Free Key West!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_Republic

Seriously, though, from a legal standpoint, I think the Sioux have a legitimate claim to the Black Hills. Those people have consistently been screwed over by the U.S. government for 150 or so years now...

Without an army to defend them, no one has any viable territorial claims.