OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 31, 2015, 04:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nameday  (Read 1537 times) Average Rating: 0
Dmitri Rostovski
« on: October 28, 2002, 12:45:06 PM »

Does anyone know the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri of Rostov.  His Feast is today and he is my patron but I can't find the prayers written for him.   Please enlighten.

Thanks,
Dmitri
Dmitri Rostovski
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 04:05:41 PM »

I think I found it:

-ó-á-P-ƒ-É-á-¼, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-Æ’-Ç-¦-¦-+-ü-+-¦-¦-+-Ã… -Ç-¦-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä -+ -Ç-¦-ü-¦-+-+-¦ -+-ü-¦-+-Ç-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä, -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-+-¦ -Ã¥-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+-ç-¦ -+ -+-+-¦-ï-¦ -¦ -æ-+-¦-â -+-+-+-+-é-¦-¦-+-+-+-ç-¦, -ü-+-+-ü-¦-+-î-+-+ -é-¦-+-+-+-+ -¦-â-+-Ã  -â-Ã¥-¦-+-+-+-â-¦-Ç-+-+ -¦-ü-+, -Ã¥-¦-¦-+-+-Ã¥-¦ -¦-â-Ã -+-¦-+-¦-Ã…, -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-¦ -¦-+-¦-¦-¦-+-+-¦, -+-+-+-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-¦ -æ-+-¦-¦ -ü-+-¦-ü-é-+-ü-Ã… -¦-â-ê-¦-+ -+-¦-ê-+-+.

-Ü-P-¥-ö-É-Ü, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-ù-¦-¦-+-¦-â -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-â-Ä, -+-é -Ãœ-+-¦-¦-¦ -¦-+-+-ü-+-Ã…-¦-ê-â-Ä, -+ -ç-Ç-¦-+ -Â¥-+-¦-¦-Ç-¦-¦ -í-¦-¦-¦-Ç-ü-¦-+-¦ -¦ -á-+-ü-é-+-¦ -¦-+-ü-é-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -¦-ü-Ä -¦-¦ -ü-é-Ç-¦-+-â -ü-+-Ä -â-ç-¦-+-î-+-+ -+ -ç-â-¦-¦-ü-ï -+-+-¦-Ç-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -â-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+ -+-+-¦-é-+-ü-+-+-¦-¦-ü-+-¦-¦-+ -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-Ã…: -é-+-¦ -¦-+ -¦-ü-¦-+ -¦-ü-Ã… -+-¦-+-+-ü-¦, -Ã…-¦-¦ -¦ -+-¦-ü-é-¦-¦-+-¦-+-+-Ä, -¦-¦ -¦-ü-¦-à  -+-Ç-+-+-¦-Ç-Ã…-ë-¦-é, -Ã…-¦-+-¦-¦ -Æ’-¦-¦-¦-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-â, -+ -ü-+-¦-ü-¦-é -+-Ç-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-Ç-+-¦-+ -¦-â-ê-+ -+-¦-ê-¦.

Mor Ephrem
The Fourteenth Apostle
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"The grace of God has appeared..."

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 05:07:24 PM »

Care to edify us unenlightened non-Slavs and offer a translation of these texts?   Cheesy

"...you could not bear, Master, in the compassion of your mercy to watch the human race being tyrannised by the devil, but you came and saved us. We acknowledge your grace, we proclaim your mercy, we do not conceal your benevolence..."
Dmitri Rostovski
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 05:55:24 PM »

I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 05:30:48 PM »

I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri

The "Prologue from Ochrid" by St. Bishop Nikolai Velimirovic of Zicha and America includes a short "Vita" of St. Dmitri Rostovsky for his feastday, but no Tropar or Kondak.  If I remember, I'll check the Great Horologion (Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Brookline-Boston, MA) kept in the choir when I'm in church this coming Saturday evening to see if a Troparion and Kontakion for St. Dmitri of Rostov's feastday is included there.

At least I can tell that both the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri are in Tone 8 from your post, Dmitri!   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
« Last Edit: November 10, 2002, 08:12:16 PM by Hypo-Ortho » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: