Author Topic: Nameday  (Read 1588 times)

Dmitri Rostovski

Nameday
« on: October 28, 2002, 12:45:06 PM »
Does anyone know the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri of Rostov.  His Feast is today and he is my patron but I can't find the prayers written for him.   Please enlighten.

Thanks,
Dmitri

Dmitri Rostovski

Re:Nameday
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 04:05:41 PM »
I think I found it:

-ó-á-P-ƒ-É-á-¼, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-Æ’-Ç-¦-¦-+-ü-+-¦-¦-+-Ã… -Ç-¦-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä -+ -Ç-¦-ü-¦-+-+-¦ -+-ü-¦-+-Ç-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä, -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-+-¦ -Ã¥-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+-ç-¦ -+ -+-+-¦-ï-¦ -¦ -æ-+-¦-â -+-+-+-+-é-¦-¦-+-+-+-ç-¦, -ü-+-+-ü-¦-+-î-+-+ -é-¦-+-+-+-+ -¦-â-+-Ã  -â-Ã¥-¦-+-+-+-â-¦-Ç-+-+ -¦-ü-+, -Ã¥-¦-¦-+-+-Ã¥-¦ -¦-â-Ã -+-¦-+-¦-Ã…, -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-¦ -¦-+-¦-¦-¦-+-+-¦, -+-+-+-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-¦ -æ-+-¦-¦ -ü-+-¦-ü-é-+-ü-Ã… -¦-â-ê-¦-+ -+-¦-ê-+-+.

-Ü-P-¥-ö-É-Ü, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-ù-¦-¦-+-¦-â -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-â-Ä, -+-é -Ãœ-+-¦-¦-¦ -¦-+-+-ü-+-Ã…-¦-ê-â-Ä, -+ -ç-Ç-¦-+ -Â¥-+-¦-¦-Ç-¦-¦ -í-¦-¦-¦-Ç-ü-¦-+-¦ -¦ -á-+-ü-é-+-¦ -¦-+-ü-é-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -¦-ü-Ä -¦-¦ -ü-é-Ç-¦-+-â -ü-+-Ä -â-ç-¦-+-î-+-+ -+ -ç-â-¦-¦-ü-ï -+-+-¦-Ç-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -â-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+ -+-+-¦-é-+-ü-+-+-¦-¦-ü-+-¦-¦-+ -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-Ã…: -é-+-¦ -¦-+ -¦-ü-¦-+ -¦-ü-Ã… -+-¦-+-+-ü-¦, -Ã…-¦-¦ -¦ -+-¦-ü-é-¦-¦-+-¦-+-+-Ä, -¦-¦ -¦-ü-¦-à  -+-Ç-+-+-¦-Ç-Ã…-ë-¦-é, -Ã…-¦-+-¦-¦ -Æ’-¦-¦-¦-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-â, -+ -ü-+-¦-ü-¦-é -+-Ç-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-Ç-+-¦-+ -¦-â-ê-+ -+-¦-ê-¦.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 05:07:24 PM »
Care to edify us unenlightened non-Slavs and offer a translation of these texts?   :D
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Dmitri Rostovski

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 05:55:24 PM »
I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri

Hypo-Ortho

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 05:30:48 PM »
I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri

The "Prologue from Ochrid" by St. Bishop Nikolai Velimirovic of Zicha and America includes a short "Vita" of St. Dmitri Rostovsky for his feastday, but no Tropar or Kondak.  If I remember, I'll check the Great Horologion (Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Brookline-Boston, MA) kept in the choir when I'm in church this coming Saturday evening to see if a Troparion and Kontakion for St. Dmitri of Rostov's feastday is included there.

At least I can tell that both the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri are in Tone 8 from your post, Dmitri!   ;D

Hypo-Ortho
« Last Edit: November 10, 2002, 08:12:16 PM by Hypo-Ortho »