Author Topic: Western Rite Lenten Fasting  (Read 1729 times)

Offline samurai333

Western Rite Lenten Fasting
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »
So what exactly does the Western Rite do for a Lenten fast? I am assuming it would similar to what the Pre Vatican II Catholics did?

Offline Reader KevinAndrew

Re: Western Rite Lenten Fasting
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:07:47 PM »
So what exactly does the Western Rite do for a Lenten fast? I am assuming it would similar to what the Pre Vatican II Catholics did?

Some keep the fast like that. There are people I know who keep the fast as in the Eastern rite as well. The thing you will see in Orthodoxy is that fasting, prayer rule, and other spiritual development areas are done in consultation with and under the guidance of one's priest or spiritual father. I mention this point, as I know you are exploring Orthodoxy. Our parish is Western rite and we keep our Sunday coffee hours meatless and dairyless during Lent, as are the potlucks that occur during Lent as well.

Reader Kevin

Offline cizinec

• High Elder
  • There ain't no way but the hard way.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »
asked a stupid question already answered.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:19:26 PM by cizinec »
"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."

Offline James2

• Mr.
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:38:28 PM »

Please see this thread:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,11082.0.html

Offline samurai333

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »
Sorry, I didnt realize this one had already been asked. Thanks for the information.