OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 07:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rubrics needed for the Saturday of the Dead Liturgy  (Read 1977 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:10 PM »

If anyone knows where I can find on-line a service text for Divine Liturgy, particularly the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Antiphons according to the modern Greek typicon use, could you post the link here?  There is nothing in the Lenten Triodion (ed. +KALLISTOS and Mother Mary) to this effect.  The sooner, the better.  Many thanks.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 03:41:49 AM »

They are the normal Saturday ones

1st Antiphon - Through the intersessions of the Theotokos
2nd Antiphon - Save us O Son of God who art wondrous in the Saints, who sing unto Thee, Alleluia
3rd Antiphon - The Beatitudes or Troparion of the Day depending on the local custom for weekday liturgies.

Joseph
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »

They are the normal Saturday ones

1st Antiphon - Through the intersessions of the Theotokos
2nd Antiphon - Save us O Son of God who art wondrous in the Saints, who sing unto Thee, Alleluia
3rd Antiphon - The Beatitudes or Troparion of the Day depending on the local custom for weekday liturgies.

What about the psalm verses between teh refrains?  THat is what I am mainly interested in.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »

If you read greek, or can at least navigate foreign language web sites, this one is pretty clear and it has the Typikon according to the EP. 

www.cmkon.org

Just go about half way down and you will see links for services.  they will be listed in Greek, but you are looking for "psychosavato" or saturday of souls.  Let me know if you have issues, sometimes their formats are crazy.  Again, it will be all in greek...everything. 

[modified to add clarification]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 02:30:05 PM by serb1389 » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:52:39 PM »

What about the psalm verses between teh refrains?  THat is what I am mainly interested in.
If it is your parishes local practice to put those psalm verses in you should have the book by Michael Farrow since that is the only place that you will find it since he invented it.

Joseph
Deacon Lance
Warned
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »

Scamandrius,

Byzantine Daily Worship, which should match Antiochian practice, prescribes:

Apolytikion in the Plagal of the Fourth Tone:
Only Creator who out of the depths of wisdom lovingly govern all things and upon all bestow what is accordingly best for them, give rest to the souls of Your servants, for they have placed their hope in You, our Author and Maker and God.

Kontakion in the Plagal of the Fourth Tone:
Give rest, O Christ, among the Saints to the souls of Your servants, where there is no pain, no sorrow, no grieving, but life everlasting.

Epistle: 1 Cor 10:23-28
Gospel: Luke 21:8-10,25-28,33-36

Kinonikon: Ps 64:5: Blessed are those You have chosen and drawn clsoe, to dwell in your courts, O Lord. Alleluia.

I would imagine the Trisagion Service and koliva could be offered after Liturgy.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 01:25:58 AM »

In Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America practice, the Memorial (Mnimosino) Service (with coliva) is conducted, on the Saturday's of the Souls.  Typically, the faithful bring coliva that they prepared at home; all the bowls of coliva are placed on the Tetropod and remain there during the Memorial Service, candles having been placed in them.  After the Service, and the Liturgy, the Chanter mixes all the bowls into one larger bowl and it is from that larger bowl that the coliva is distributed to the faithful.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:30:09 AM by BTRAKAS » Logged

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: