Author Topic: Are We...  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Cleopas

• Bible Thumping, Tongue Talking, Faith Walking Christian
  • Elder
  • If I'm my own Pope then I claim infalliablity. Ha!
    • World May Believe
Are We...
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:44:01 AM »
Having fun yet?

:D :laugh: :P :D :laugh: :P

I know I am. I hope you are as well.

Thanks for the overall welcome, and allowing me to help create some buzz here at OC.net
I think, if possible, I should like to win the title of Beloved Resident Protestant.  ;D  :angel:

Cleopas
Christopher Hart

"Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees” -- John Wesley

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
Re: Are We...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »
I don't know...I think Ebor has a pretty strong grip on that title.  Speaking of him, where is he?  He hasn't posted recently.  (Btw, he is Episcopalian and so is Keble.)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:04:59 AM »
I was gonna say the same thing.  Sorry Cleopas; maybe #3 (after Ebor and Keble)?  3rd's either a charm or your out.  We'll see.  :D
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
I don't know...I think Ebor has a pretty strong grip on that title.  Speaking of him, where is he?  He hasn't posted recently.  (Btw, he is Episcopalian and so is Keble.)

She has been absent of late, hasn't she;)
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »
Why is this in a private board? What will be so polemical about this discussion?
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Cleopas

• Bible Thumping, Tongue Talking, Faith Walking Christian
  • Elder
  • If I'm my own Pope then I claim infalliablity. Ha!
    • World May Believe
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
Why is this in a private board? What will be so polemical about this discussion?

Already some are arguing that I cannot be the Resident Beloved Protestant.
Is that Polemic 'nuff?
Plus it involves Orthodox interaction on a Protestant Issue.

:laugh: :P :laugh: :P
Cleopas
Christopher Hart

"Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees” -- John Wesley

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »
Oh, Orthodox-Protestant discussion isn't necessarily private; we do have a public board for it, with a fantastic moderator I might add. Let's keep the Private board for true polemics. We're going public with this.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline username!

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
Having fun yet?

:D :laugh: :P :D :laugh: :P

I know I am. I hope you are as well.

Thanks for the overall welcome, and allowing me to help create some buzz here at OC.net
I think, if possible, I should like to win the title of Beloved Resident Protestant.  ;D  :angel:

The general rule in life about nicknames is that YOU NEVER get to create or suggest your own :) :) :)
Wasn't much buzz with me.   :laugh: Like when I am doing field research in August, I learned a long time ago to ignore the flies that won't leave you alone.  But I must say, I do give you a hand for sticking by what you believe. 

I went to Catholic School.  It's not hard to "spot the Catholic school kids" when we wore uniforms to school and home from school and if you went to the mall or something after school, you still had your uniform on. You don't know how many times I had to hear negative comments and prejudice from protestants.  I even had a friend whose step father was a public school teacher.  I went to pick her up and he told me I wasn't welcome to step foot back on his property because I was Catholic.  He then told me what two groups were equal in his mind to the bad-ness of Catholics.  My van driver hated Catholics, yet she drove the public school van that drove us to Catholic School (public schools are required to bus private school children, not any room to argue on this as the Supreme Court has had it's say).
When we first moved back here 16 years ago there was a Free Methodist prayer organization building across the street.  They'd put anti-Catholic tracts in our mail box (two federal violations if you wanted to push the issue, A) it is illegal for anyone other than the mail carrier to put anything in your mail box b) this fell under intimidation and hate-crimes, you had to see the material).
Well, I think after a year we moved there that church was for sale. 
So I learned a long time ago that I know what I believe and only the Holy Spirit can guide me on that subject.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:19:31 PM by username! »

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
She has been absent of late, hasn't she;)
Ebor had a gender re-assignment change? :D  Seriously, I had no clue he is a she. :-[ :-[  Sorry Ebor.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:57:37 PM by GabrieltheCelt »
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying