OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 01:23:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We...  (Read 1664 times) Average Rating: 0
Cleopas
Bible Thumping, Tongue Talking, Faith Walking Christian
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Charismatic Evangelical

If I'm my own Pope then I claim infalliablity. Ha!

perfecthart
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:44:01 AM »

Having fun yet?

Cheesy laugh Tongue Cheesy laugh Tongue

I know I am. I hope you are as well.

Thanks for the overall welcome, and allowing me to help create some buzz here at OC.net
I think, if possible, I should like to win the title of Beloved Resident Protestant.  Grin  angel

Cleopas
Christopher Hart

"Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees” -- John Wesley
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »

I don't know...I think Ebor has a pretty strong grip on that title.  Speaking of him, where is he?  He hasn't posted recently.  (Btw, he is Episcopalian and so is Keble.)
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:04:59 AM »

I was gonna say the same thing.  Sorry Cleopas; maybe #3 (after Ebor and Keble)?  3rd's either a charm or your out.  We'll see.  Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

I don't know...I think Ebor has a pretty strong grip on that title.  Speaking of him, where is he?  He hasn't posted recently.  (Btw, he is Episcopalian and so is Keble.)

She has been absent of late, hasn't sheWink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

Why is this in a private board? What will be so polemical about this discussion?

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Cleopas
Bible Thumping, Tongue Talking, Faith Walking Christian
Elder

Jurisdiction: Charismatic Evangelical

If I'm my own Pope then I claim infalliablity. Ha!

perfecthart
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »

Why is this in a private board? What will be so polemical about this discussion?

Already some are arguing that I cannot be the Resident Beloved Protestant.
Is that Polemic 'nuff?
Plus it involves Orthodox interaction on a Protestant Issue.

laugh Tongue laugh Tongue

Cleopas
Christopher Hart

"Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees” -- John Wesley
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

Oh, Orthodox-Protestant discussion isn't necessarily private; we do have a public board for it, with a fantastic moderator I might add. Let's keep the Private board for true polemics. We're going public with this.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »

Having fun yet?

Cheesy laugh Tongue Cheesy laugh Tongue

I know I am. I hope you are as well.

Thanks for the overall welcome, and allowing me to help create some buzz here at OC.net
I think, if possible, I should like to win the title of Beloved Resident Protestant.  Grin  angel

The general rule in life about nicknames is that YOU NEVER get to create or suggest your own Smiley Smiley Smiley
Wasn't much buzz with me.   laugh Like when I am doing field research in August, I learned a long time ago to ignore the flies that won't leave you alone.  But I must say, I do give you a hand for sticking by what you believe. 

I went to Catholic School.  It's not hard to "spot the Catholic school kids" when we wore uniforms to school and home from school and if you went to the mall or something after school, you still had your uniform on. You don't know how many times I had to hear negative comments and prejudice from protestants.  I even had a friend whose step father was a public school teacher.  I went to pick her up and he told me I wasn't welcome to step foot back on his property because I was Catholic.  He then told me what two groups were equal in his mind to the bad-ness of Catholics.  My van driver hated Catholics, yet she drove the public school van that drove us to Catholic School (public schools are required to bus private school children, not any room to argue on this as the Supreme Court has had it's say).
When we first moved back here 16 years ago there was a Free Methodist prayer organization building across the street.  They'd put anti-Catholic tracts in our mail box (two federal violations if you wanted to push the issue, A) it is illegal for anyone other than the mail carrier to put anything in your mail box b) this fell under intimidation and hate-crimes, you had to see the material).
Well, I think after a year we moved there that church was for sale. 
So I learned a long time ago that I know what I believe and only the Holy Spirit can guide me on that subject.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:19:31 PM by username! » Logged

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

She has been absent of late, hasn't sheWink
Ebor had a gender re-assignment change? Cheesy  Seriously, I had no clue he is a she. Embarrassed Embarrassed  Sorry Ebor.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:57:37 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags: Introductions 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: