Author Topic: ex-cons  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
ex-cons
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »
Hey Guys!  ;D

Would any of you ever date an ex-con? If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Myrrh23
*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
Re: ex-cons
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »
If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Attempted conspiracy to solicit jaywalking.

P.S.  If you really want to know what's in GiC's past, just ask him. ;)
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »
LOL, Veni! No fair!  ;D

I think certain indecency charges would bother me the least--like, being charged with indecency because you wore your jeans "too below" your butt...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:09:16 PM by Myrrh23 »

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »

P.S.  If you really want to know what's in GiC's past, just ask him. ;)
LOL :D

I think certain indecency charges would bother me the least--like, being charged with indecency because you wore your jeans "too below" your butt...

-Uncharitable comments towards those who wear their britches past their butts removed.- GtC
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:47:35 PM by GabrieltheCelt »
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:26:08 PM »
I bet GIC's only crime has to do with putting political cartoons into peoples' mailboxes...just like a Jehovah's Witness!  ;)

Offline scamandrius

• Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek in exile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »
Would any of you ever date an ex-con? If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Maybe. (Hey, I'm not perfect and I'll take what I can get  :)).  What crimes would bother me the least?

Income tax evasion (not really a crime in my book; lousy feds!)
I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene

Offline livefreeordie

• High Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »
I work with cons and ex-cons every week.  I would be careful. Crime and prison teach you to be a very good liar and it's an addiction that is hard to turn off.  Convicts lose control of their life to the legal system, and lying and manipulation is something they perfect in order to feel they have some sense of control.  Even the best intentioned guys I've worked with have/will lie to me and others without so much as a blink.

So anyway, God forgives, but if you want to date a convict, be careful.  I wouldn't recommend dating a con unless he's been out of prison at least 3-5 years and has shown him self to be stable, trustworthy, and reformed.

Hope this helps.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 05:03:50 AM »
Hey Guys!  ;D

Myrrh23

Treason, espionage, political assassination...in fact, I'd probably find these to be turn ons in a woman. ;D
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
Treason, espionage, political assassination...in fact, I'd probably find these to be turn ons in a woman. ;D

So basically, you're after one of the evil Bond girls.
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline TinaG

• I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
  • High Elder
  • If only my family were this normal !
    • Cometh at Midnight Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »

Sounds too Bourne for me.  In my more radical days, I'd say it would have to be international shipping law violations that would really flip my skirt - you know, Greenpeace ships vs. Japanese whalers.

Myrrh23- no particular reason, but just why are you asking us this?  If you have to get our opinion about dating an ex-con, you are contemplating something that you have doubts about.  Just don't put yourself in a situation that is dangerous, unhealthy or will make you compromise your judgment and self-worth.  Just a warning from someone who's been there, some relationships will stay in your mind for a lifetime, so make wise choices now.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:53:26 AM by TinaG »
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
So basically, you're after one of the evil Bond girls.

You wouldn't find me (or probably any straight man, for that matter) complaining about their criminal record or anything else. ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:55:34 AM by greekischristian »
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »
You wouldn't find me (or probably any straight man, for that matter) complaining about their criminal record or anything else. ;)

What is this - guys go for the Bad Girls.  You know they just break your heart in the end (after they take your money, your identity and your pride).
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline scamandrius

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »
What is this - guys go for the Bad Girls.  You know they just break your heart in the end (after they take your money, your identity and your pride).

but you really enjoy the ride!  ;D ;)

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

Offline TinaG

• High Elder
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »
but you really enjoy the ride!  ;D ;)

WE GOT THE POWER BABY - POWER!

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
Oh, I'm not interested in dating any ex-cons. I don't even have one interested in me. I only have two college classes this semster, and a lot of time on my hands.  ;D
Nah, I'm interested in a certain guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and sarcastic wit. His name escapes me just now, but I think it has an H and an S in it... :P  ;)

Offline scamandrius

• Taxiarches
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »
WE GOT THE POWER BABY - POWER!

And it is still my belief that women lost a great amount of power when they got the right to vote.  After that they couldn't effectively use sex as a weapon.  But I know that power extends well beyond politics.

Offline scamandrius

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »
Oh, I'm not interested in dating any ex-cons. I don't even have one interested in me. I only have two college classes this semster, and a lot of time on my hands.  ;D
Nah, I'm interested in a certain guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and sarcastic wit. His name escapes me just now, but I think it has an H and an S in it... :P  ;)

I fit that description (mostly).  Perchance you don't mean me, do you? :D

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »

*quickly checks letters in name*

Phew, I'm safe.  No H's or S's here.

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »
I fit that description (mostly).  Perchance you don't mean me, do you?

No, but you know what they lay about Lay's Potato Chips: You can never have just one!
(balances on her Bad Girl black high heels)  ;)

No, Veniamin...but there's an m in your online name and an m in my online name...must be DESTINY!! I'll get the wedding rings and the tazer.... ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:55:41 PM by Myrrh23 »

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
No, but you know what they lay about Lay's Potato Chips: You can never have just one!
(balances on her Bad Girl black high heels)  ;)

No, Veniamin...but there's an m in your online name and an m in my online name...must be DESTINY!! I'll get the wedding rings and the tazer.... ;)

Here's a little anti-stalker math for ya:  concealed handgun > tazer  :P

Not that I need to defend myself in this case.  My fiancee is tiny, but fierce; when she catches wind of this, you'll be gracing every milk carton in sight. :laugh:

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 09:06:52 PM »
My fiancee is tiny, but fierce; when she catches wind of this, you'll be gracing every milk carton in sight.

LOL! I'll just eat a banana and throw the peel in front of her path when she comes after me! BWAHAHAHAHA! ;D

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »
LOL! I'll just eat a banana and throw the peel in front of her path when she comes after me! BWAHAHAHAHA! ;D

Now, now, what would GiC think if you did something like that?

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
Now, now, what would GiC think if you did something like that?

He'd probably think, "MAN, I need to get this to YouTube!"  ;)
Either that, or he'd be thinking we need to try the stunt with different varieties of bananas, in the name of Science, of course!  ;D

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »
He'd probably think, "MAN, I need to get this to YouTube!"  ;)
Either that, or he'd be thinking we need to try the stunt with different varieties of bananas, in the name of Science, of course!  ;D

I shudder to think of the children that will come of this pairing.  It will surely be a sign of the Apocalypse.

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
I shudder to think of the children that will come of this pairing.  It will surely be a sign of the Apocalypse.

LOL! I'll have to remember to look up a good plastic surgeon in Hollywood...you know..to hide the 666 mark on the kids.
You should be hopeful! GIC and I will give you The Mardi Gras of the End Times Parade...and then comes Jesus and the Kingdom Float!  ;)

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 02:24:41 AM »
Gawd, GIC is something else.... ;) ;D
(laughs a Pee-Wee Herman laugh)

I'm loving this board more and more.... ;)

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »
'Something else' to be sure. :D

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »
(purrs happily)  ;)