OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 04:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ex-cons  (Read 3597 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »

Hey Guys!  Grin

Would any of you ever date an ex-con? If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Myrrh23

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »

If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Attempted conspiracy to solicit jaywalking.

P.S.  If you really want to know what's in GiC's past, just ask him. Wink

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »

LOL, Veni! No fair!  Grin

I think certain indecency charges would bother me the least--like, being charged with indecency because you wore your jeans "too below" your butt...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:09:16 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »

P.S.  If you really want to know what's in GiC's past, just ask him. Wink
LOL Cheesy

I think certain indecency charges would bother me the least--like, being charged with indecency because you wore your jeans "too below" your butt...

-Uncharitable comments towards those who wear their britches past their butts removed.- GtC
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:47:35 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:26:08 PM »

I bet GIC's only crime has to do with putting political cartoons into peoples' mailboxes...just like a Jehovah's Witness!  Wink

scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »

Would any of you ever date an ex-con? If so, what illegal actions of their past would bother you the least?

Maybe. (Hey, I'm not perfect and I'll take what I can get  Smiley).  What crimes would bother me the least?

Income tax evasion (not really a crime in my book; lousy feds!)

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
livefreeordie
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »

I work with cons and ex-cons every week.  I would be careful. Crime and prison teach you to be a very good liar and it's an addiction that is hard to turn off.  Convicts lose control of their life to the legal system, and lying and manipulation is something they perfect in order to feel they have some sense of control.  Even the best intentioned guys I've worked with have/will lie to me and others without so much as a blink.

So anyway, God forgives, but if you want to date a convict, be careful.  I wouldn't recommend dating a con unless he's been out of prison at least 3-5 years and has shown him self to be stable, trustworthy, and reformed.

Hope this helps.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 05:03:50 AM »

Hey Guys!  Grin

Myrrh23

Treason, espionage, political assassination...in fact, I'd probably find these to be turn ons in a woman. Grin

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

Treason, espionage, political assassination...in fact, I'd probably find these to be turn ons in a woman. Grin

So basically, you're after one of the evil Bond girls.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »

Sounds too Bourne for me.  In my more radical days, I'd say it would have to be international shipping law violations that would really flip my skirt - you know, Greenpeace ships vs. Japanese whalers.

Myrrh23- no particular reason, but just why are you asking us this?  If you have to get our opinion about dating an ex-con, you are contemplating something that you have doubts about.  Just don't put yourself in a situation that is dangerous, unhealthy or will make you compromise your judgment and self-worth.  Just a warning from someone who's been there, some relationships will stay in your mind for a lifetime, so make wise choices now.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:53:26 AM by TinaG » Logged

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »

So basically, you're after one of the evil Bond girls.

You wouldn't find me (or probably any straight man, for that matter) complaining about their criminal record or anything else. Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:55:34 AM by greekischristian » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
TinaG
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »

You wouldn't find me (or probably any straight man, for that matter) complaining about their criminal record or anything else. Wink

What is this - guys go for the Bad Girls.  You know they just break your heart in the end (after they take your money, your identity and your pride).

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

What is this - guys go for the Bad Girls.  You know they just break your heart in the end (after they take your money, your identity and your pride).

but you really enjoy the ride!  Grin Wink

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

TinaG
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »

but you really enjoy the ride!  Grin Wink

WE GOT THE POWER BABY - POWER!

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »

Oh, I'm not interested in dating any ex-cons. I don't even have one interested in me. I only have two college classes this semster, and a lot of time on my hands.  Grin
Nah, I'm interested in a certain guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and sarcastic wit. His name escapes me just now, but I think it has an H and an S in it... Tongue  Wink

scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »

WE GOT THE POWER BABY - POWER!

And it is still my belief that women lost a great amount of power when they got the right to vote.  After that they couldn't effectively use sex as a weapon.  But I know that power extends well beyond politics.

scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »

Oh, I'm not interested in dating any ex-cons. I don't even have one interested in me. I only have two college classes this semster, and a lot of time on my hands.  Grin
Nah, I'm interested in a certain guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and sarcastic wit. His name escapes me just now, but I think it has an H and an S in it... Tongue  Wink

I fit that description (mostly).  Perchance you don't mean me, do you? Cheesy

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »

*quickly checks letters in name*

Phew, I'm safe.  No H's or S's here.

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »

I fit that description (mostly).  Perchance you don't mean me, do you?

No, but you know what they lay about Lay's Potato Chips: You can never have just one!
(balances on her Bad Girl black high heels)  Wink

No, Veniamin...but there's an m in your online name and an m in my online name...must be DESTINY!! I'll get the wedding rings and the tazer.... Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:55:41 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »

No, but you know what they lay about Lay's Potato Chips: You can never have just one!
(balances on her Bad Girl black high heels)  Wink

No, Veniamin...but there's an m in your online name and an m in my online name...must be DESTINY!! I'll get the wedding rings and the tazer.... Wink

Here's a little anti-stalker math for ya:  concealed handgun > tazer  Tongue

Not that I need to defend myself in this case.  My fiancee is tiny, but fierce; when she catches wind of this, you'll be gracing every milk carton in sight. laugh

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 09:06:52 PM »

My fiancee is tiny, but fierce; when she catches wind of this, you'll be gracing every milk carton in sight.

LOL! I'll just eat a banana and throw the peel in front of her path when she comes after me! BWAHAHAHAHA! Grin

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »

LOL! I'll just eat a banana and throw the peel in front of her path when she comes after me! BWAHAHAHAHA! Grin

Now, now, what would GiC think if you did something like that?

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »

Now, now, what would GiC think if you did something like that?

He'd probably think, "MAN, I need to get this to YouTube!"  Wink
Either that, or he'd be thinking we need to try the stunt with different varieties of bananas, in the name of Science, of course!  Grin

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »

He'd probably think, "MAN, I need to get this to YouTube!"  Wink
Either that, or he'd be thinking we need to try the stunt with different varieties of bananas, in the name of Science, of course!  Grin

I shudder to think of the children that will come of this pairing.  It will surely be a sign of the Apocalypse.

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »

I shudder to think of the children that will come of this pairing.  It will surely be a sign of the Apocalypse.

LOL! I'll have to remember to look up a good plastic surgeon in Hollywood...you know..to hide the 666 mark on the kids.
You should be hopeful! GIC and I will give you The Mardi Gras of the End Times Parade...and then comes Jesus and the Kingdom Float!  Wink

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 02:24:41 AM »

Gawd, GIC is something else.... Wink Grin
(laughs a Pee-Wee Herman laugh)

I'm loving this board more and more.... Wink

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »

'Something else' to be sure. Cheesy

Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »

(purrs happily)  Wink

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: