OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 12:13:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books and liturgical books: western rite  (Read 1511 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodox servant86

« on: June 19, 2003, 11:58:35 PM »

Blessed Pentecostal season to all!

I write now requesting some reccomendations for good books regardin the western rite, though if particularly possible, I am searching for books pertaining to liturgy and western prayers: either path shall do fine.

I know there are some that question the validity and purpose of western Orthodoxy, though I must say that recently I have contemplated becoming a priest of the western rite, as I am of French/British/Gaelic descent. This is facilitated because I am in the Antiochian jurisdiction, therefore having the western rite as an option.

Thus far, I have managed to find one particular book of interest: Orthodox Prayers of Old England, by Hilarion press (in Austin). I am uncertain if anyone has this book, though if you do, I would very much appreciate some comments.

In Xpictoc,
-Justin
carpo-rusyn
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 10:11:17 AM »

Dear Orthodox Servant,

The Antiochan Orthodox Archdiocese has published a liturgy book for their western rite folks.  It's called the St. Andrew service book.  It looks like the 1928 Book of Common Prayer with the same majestic English but with some Orthodox bits thrown in.  You can get it through Light and Life, they have an online catalogue.

Carpo-Rusyn
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: