OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 01:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autism  (Read 15017 times) Average Rating: 1
Alive
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

I do not doubt that we are all influenced by demons.  The issue is to what degree

degree???

First of all we under influence of our own lust kind.
Then demons.

So fist we need deal with flesh corruption, life goals, basic virtues before even may discuss any possible demonic influence.

People mix spiritual perception with flashy one.
Most of us have no idea about spiritual but use this word and speculate on it:
-   spiritual life
-   spiritual wellbeing
-   spiritual health
-   spiritual reading

It is same as some one not develop basic fitness but going to high performance event.

So before we may even touch demonic matter we need to sort out:
- our social concept,
- our life style
- and life perception – what is real core of any mental illness.

And as soon we start sorting out “flesh” corruption , demons would expose it self in full.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »

It does not mean that they exist, only that someone believes they exist.  The thought of pink unicorns never crossed my mind until you brought it up.  So, now the thought of pink unicorns exsists, and I can rail against it.  Of course, I don't rail against them because I know that they don't exist in reality (or at leat I think they don't), and there is no need for me to disprove their existence because I don't care.  Now, if I started to rail against them, and you for believing in them, pink unicorns would start to become a part of my reality, else why would I spend so much time on the subject.

On the other hand, this whole conversation could simply mean that I have worked far too many consecutive night shifts with little sleep in between and now my brain has become like an emense fish, wet and slimy with gills through which it can see.  Sometimes these gills become clogged, causing me to accept some ideas and reject others.  This causes a condition known as whooping cough . . . or is it autism?  laugh

Don't you first have to acknowledge the existence of something in order to deny it? 

I don't believe in invisible pink unicorns, yet I don't think that lack of belief (or even denial of existence) demonstrates that they must exist...

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »

.... science in general.  They deny the whole spiritual world......  
Never see any official science apart “scientific communism” (what is not science but USSR propaganda) which make any such statement.

Although, maybe they do not deny or ignore it after all.  Why would they try so hard, as they do here in America, to deny God?  .......  No, they are not ignoring God, they are warring against Him.  
They? Who ?
Any official statement?

And what god? or God?
what way?

….

But is not issue we dicass here please.

Lets back to autism issue.

Alive
High Elder

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2011, 11:42:44 PM »

It does not mean that they exist, only that someone believes they exist.  The thought of pink unicorns never crossed my mind until you brought it up.  So, now the thought of pink unicorns exsists, and I can rail against it.  Of course, I don't rail against them because I know that they don't exist in reality (or at leat I think they don't), and there is no need for me to disprove their existence because I don't care.  Now, if I started to rail against them, and you for believing in them, pink unicorns would start to become a part of my reality, else why would I spend so much time on the subject.

Not  “pink unicorns would start to become a part of my reality” ,  but your mental opposition to “unexciting pink unicorns would” be come reality.

So same as with autism.

Not autism is real but:
-   Fake criteria for “autism” is real.
-   People who enforce this fraud are real
-   Power behind of this project is real

There are real evidence about autism as deception  – are real same as you real opposition to  “unexciting pink unicorns would’.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:45:04 PM by Alive » Logged
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »

Alive, what university did you study at for 8 years? Where did you do your research for 40 years?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2011, 01:24:38 AM »

"If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why smitest thou Me?" (John 18 23)

Can you?

If Jesus Christ Himself were to post on this forum, I would probably still question Him as I have questioned you just to make sure He is Whom He says He is and has the authority He claims for Himself. You're not Jesus, so why should you not be expected to stand up to the same scrutiny?

You not along and have great teaches as role model to learn from follow to:

the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto Him as He was teaching and said, "By what authority doest thou these things? And who gave thee this authority?"

look like your learn your lesson well.
The Pharisees who questioned Jesus questioned Him to His face. You I've never seen before save for your posts on the Internet.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »

And this has what to do with the price of tea in China?  I thought the Gospel reading for today was kind of appropriate. 

"If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why smitest thou Me?" (John 18 23)

Can you?

If Jesus Christ Himself were to post on this forum, I would probably still question Him as I have questioned you just to make sure He is Whom He says He is and has the authority He claims for Himself. You're not Jesus, so why should you not be expected to stand up to the same scrutiny?

You not along and have great teaches as role model to learn from follow to:

the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto Him as He was teaching and said, "By what authority doest thou these things? And who gave thee this authority?"

look like your learn your lesson well.
The Pharisees who questioned Jesus questioned Him to His face. You I've never seen before save for your posts on the Internet.

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »

If some one not presenting valid arguments, what reason to keep engage into dialog?

You have not been presenting any kind of valid argument that I have seen in this thread.  You have repeatedly made bald assertions of your opinions as though they were fact without any supporting evidence or sources and sometimes in language that does not make sense due to odd grammar or word choice or possible misspellings. It would seem that English is not your first language and this makes communicating difficult.

Various people here have asked you questions that you have not answered.  You are the one who made the claim that you had studied at a university for 8 years, as I recall, as though we should accept your authority and dictates because of your attendance.  I asked you what University you attended? Whether you  had completed a course of study and graduated? and in what field or subject your education had been.  You have answered none of these questions.  Would you please let us know the answers? 

Why should we accept you and your opinions without question?  What support that is not from your own belief can you or are able to give to your assertions? 

I also asked you if, in an earlier post, you were referring to Down Syndrome and you have not answered that either.

Why will you not answer questions that are asked of you?

With respect,

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »

If some one not presenting valid arguments, what reason to keep engage into dialog?

You have not been presenting any kind of valid argument that I have seen in this thread.  You have repeatedly made bald assertions of your opinions as though they were fact without any supporting evidence or sources and sometimes in language that does not make sense due to odd grammar or word choice or possible misspellings. It would seem that English is not your first language and this makes communicating difficult.

Various people here have asked you questions that you have not answered.  You are the one who made the claim that you had studied at a university for 8 years, as I recall, as though we should accept your authority and dictates because of your attendance.  I asked you what University you attended? Whether you  had completed a course of study and graduated? and in what field or subject your education had been.  You have answered none of these questions.  Would you please let us know the answers? 

Why should we accept you and your opinions without question?  What support that is not from your own belief can you or are able to give to your assertions? 

I also asked you if, in an earlier post, you were referring to Down Syndrome and you have not answered that either.

With respect,

Ebor

Basic evidence about autism speculation was presented. A lot.

So far you was not capable  to present any counter arguments.
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »

If dawn syndrome was not research so well it would be part of ASD.
Do you mean "Down Syndrome"?  

I mean what I post.

You have hard time to comprehends it?
Because of language? odd grammar?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:11:39 PM by Alive » Logged
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »

Alive, what university did you study at for 8 years? Where did you do your research for 40 years? Care to answer my question? Which is also PtA's question to you as well?
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

Alive, I see that you've been online since I've posted my question, yet you still won't answer. Perhaps I'll say it again:

Alive, what university did you study at for 8 years? Where did you do your research for 40 years?
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »

Alive, what university did you study at for 8 years? Where did you do your research for 40 years? Care to answer my question? Which is also PtA's question to you as well?

Alive, I see that you've been online since I've posted my question, yet you still won't answer. Perhaps I'll say it again:

PoorFoolNicholas,

Do not answer to a fool according to his folly, to not turn yourself into fool like him. But answer a fool according to his folly to not make him wise in his own eyes. (Solomon)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »

Do not answer to a fool according to his folly, to not turn yourself into fool like him. But answer a fool according to his folly to not make him wise in his own eyes. (Solomon)

Cheesy

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2011, 01:11:46 AM »

Cheesy

OK, so what school did Solomon go to?  How do I know that I can trust him?  laugh

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2011, 08:29:09 AM »

With respect,

Ebor

Basic evidence about autism speculation was presented. A lot.

So far you was not capable  to present any counter arguments.

I have gone back over this entire thread and you have not presented any "basic evidence". You have made many posts with statements of your own opinions without any support from other sources.  The only link you have provided was to a YouTube video which did not apply to the topic of Autism. 

I have also attempted to find the quote that you claim from from Eugen Bleuler, who first coined the term "Autism", and have not been able to find it yet.  What is your source for that supposed quote?  Considering that the English is poor in that passage, I don't believe that it is an accurate quote at all. 

Repeating yourself over and over is not the same as offering any kind of "proof" or documentation or support for your particular idea. 

You made a claim to authority in your post of April 13, 2011 with your statement that you have done  "study. 8 years of uny, 40 years of research."  Do you believe that this claim, and that's all it is, an unsubstantiated claim that you know so much about this that others must accept your dictates, is the reason that your posts here should be blindly accepted without question?

I ask again: 

At what university did you study?  Did you graduate?  In what field did you focus your studies?  In what field did you conduct "40 years of research"?  Where did you do this?

A counter argument requires supporting evidence, not just that the person writing/saying likes the idea. So I will make a counter claim that there are several conditions in the Autism-Asperger's Spectrum and here are links on

"What is Autism"  http://www.autism-pdd.net/what-is-autism.html
"Autism Spectrum Disorders" http://www.autism-pdd.net/autism-spectrum-disorders.html

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

cobweb

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2011, 08:42:01 AM »

Next time my kid is picking holes in his skin or pulling his hair or banging his head against the wall, or spinning all day... I'll make sure to tell him autism doesn't exist. 

I asked my priest about this topic and his response was:   Roll Eyes
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2011, 08:55:01 AM »

If dawn syndrome was not research so well it would be part of ASD.
Do you mean "Down Syndrome"?  

I mean what I post.

Then you are wrong unless you meant to refer something having to do with diabetes in the morning  http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-84236.html

which has nothing in common with autism.

That's why I asked if you meant "Down Syndrome" http://www.ndss.org/

I asked you a question for clarification and tried to be polite.  

If you are or were of the opinion that Down Syndrome is like Autism then I will tell you plainly you are wrong.  I know much about Down Syndrome, aka "Trisomy 21" which is named after the English Dr. John Down who described the condition.  It is a chromosomal condition that can be either complete or "Mosaic"
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Langdon_Down
About Mosaic Down Syndrome   http://www.imdsa.org/  

You have hard time to comprehends it?
Because of language? odd grammar?

To be blunt, yes.  Your command of written English is not very good.  I try to not remark on other people's grammar or language in posts, but much of what you have written is, I'm sorry to write, ungrammatical, has misspellings or uses words that don't apply.  This makes understanding what another person is writing hard to understand.  If you would tell us what your native language is, perhaps there is someone here on the forum who also knows it and might be able to help us understand what you are trying to say.  

You wrote: "You have hard  time to comprehends it?"  In proper English one way to write that could be "You have a hard time comprehending it?"  
From one of your posts in November "And it what Christianity is about". Someone using good English might write "That is what Christianity is about." or "It is what Christianity is about."

You have been asked many questions in this thread and you have not answered them.  Sometimes you have responded with statements that in English are insulting or offensive.  Why do you believe that other Human Beings should be treated this way if they do not blindly accept your unsupported opinions as though they were laws of the universe?

Ebor
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:00:10 AM by Ebor » Logged

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

Next time my kid is picking holes in his skin or pulling his hair or banging his head against the wall, or spinning all day... I'll make sure to tell him autism doesn't exist. 

I'm sorry that you've had to read some of the screed.  It is because we don't know who might read some of these threads that wild unsupported statements such as have been posted need to have some countering posts.

Ebor

Alive
High Elder

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »

I have gone back over this entire thread and you have not presented any "basic evidence".
Is Ignorance new form of beatitudes for you?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:32:05 AM by Alive » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »

I have gone back over this entire thread and you have not presented any "basic evidence".
To bad for you if you cant read.

I read quite well, thanks.  Again,you reply with insults.  Is this common where you are to denigrate other people just because they don't agree with thinks that you like?  Perhaps you do not understand fully what I have written.  If that is the case, if you let me know places there it is so, I will try to re-write them to make them more clear to you.

Please point out some "basic evidence" in your posts that is something more than you stating your opinion.  Repeating something doesn't make it evidence nor True.

Ebor

cobweb

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »

I would also like to know where your PhD is from and which field (psychology? psychiatry? biological anthropology?).

I would also like to know what the focus of your research has been (genetics?  cortical development? ) and which journals your studies have been published in.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:51:26 AM by cobweb » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »

May I ask why you changed your first post to make what seems to be another attempt at being insulting? That's how that sentence seems to be saying.

I know the Beatitudes of Our Lord and I do not see how that applies here unless you are trying to come up with something along the lines of "Blessed are the ignorant...."

How do you see me as being ignorant other that not accepting you as an authority?  Even the Bereans searched through the scriptures to find out if what they were told by St. Paul and Silas were true and they were commended for it.

Ebor

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »

I would also like to know where your PhD is from and which field (psychology? psychiatry? biological anthropology?).

I would also like to know what the focus of your research has been (genetics?  cortical development? ) and which journals your studies have been published in.

I don't think that Alive has stated that he/she has a PhD, just claimed to have been at a university for 8 years.  However, attending a school doesn't mean graduating, of course, even after 8 years, so there may be no degree awarded in this case.  Both that and the question of where/how/in what field the "research" was done have gone unanswered so far.  One wonders why.

Ebor

cobweb

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »

I'm not even asking for him to list his published papers. I will settle for a brief list of the scientific journals in which his work has been published.

It is a simple question and easily answered.  If he has been doing research for that long, he has to have published something. My husband's godfather has been published at least 7 times in the last decade.

Alive
High Elder

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »

There numerus untraceable pharmacological application may cause identical permanent beavered to absolutely functional adult  

Also it could be achieved by other influence with guaranty about person would never recover.

God help you in your struggle, but sound like your pain make you blind.
cobweb

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »

Firstly, are you running your posts through some sort of translation software?

Secondly, you have not answered my questions.  Until you do... you are just spouting uneducated opinions.  I can get those from the clerk at the local supermarket.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »

I'm not even asking for him to list his published papers. I will settle for a brief list of the scientific journals in which his work has been published.

It is a simple question and easily answered.  If he has been doing research for that long, he has to have published something. My husband's godfather has been published at least 7 times in the last decade.

Yes, it's a simple question as are the others on where she/he went to university and if a degree was awarded.  So far those questions have not been answered and the pattern continues...  Undecided  

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »

There numerus untraceable pharmacological application may cause identical permanent beavered to absolutely functional adult  

Also it could be achieved by other influence with guaranty about person would never recover.

God help you in your struggle, but sound like your pain make you blind.

Alive, this is just one more post with bad grammar, misspellings and words that don't make sense.  "identical permanent beavered"?!
In English "beavered" means "Covered with, or wearing, a beaver or hat."   http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/beavered
How in any way, shape or form would this apply to a person diagnosed with Autism?  Huh

What word are you trying to write?  If you don't use the right words people won't understand you.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:21:22 AM by Ebor » Logged

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »

Alive, you are a liar. I don't believe that you have studied anywhere "legitimate", nor worked within a field related to Autism for 40 years. You refuse to answer the question, that everyone is asking of you, because you are a liar. Prove me wrong.

What Ebor has been trying to do on this thread is to be commended in that she has shown nothing but the utmost respect for Alive in spite of Alive's attempts to dodge her repeated requests for sources and credentials. Calling Alive a liar, however, is a personal attack and therefore not tolerated on this forum--it's also not at all conducive to getting from Alive the information we desire. If you wish to insist that you think he's lying, then that is a judgment of his conduct and not of his person and would therefore be acceptable. But calling him a liar is an attack on Alive's person and not on his conduct.

You've been warned before to not use ad hominems such as this, so you are now receiving this warning to last for the next 7 days. If you think this action wrong, feel free to appeal it via private message to Veniamin.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:54:58 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

OK, from now on I'll just INFER that he's lying. That's so much better. I need to get a sharper razor later today, so I can split some hairs...  Roll Eyes
PeterTheAleut clearly explained you what is the difference. If you don't get it you should have asked him about details via private message instead of questioning and ridiculing his request.

Questioning moderators' decisions in public is against the rules. I'm putting you under a week-long moderation. If you disagree you can appeal to Veniamin - Michał Kalina.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:26:59 PM by Fr. George » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »

Alive,

You now have a number of persons asking you to back up your claims with outside sources and/or to establish for us why we should deem you an authority on the subject of autism. In spite of our insistence, you have done nothing but resist by refusing to answer our questions and by accusing us of being ignorant, blind, and unwilling to seek the truth. This circle of behavior is getting very frustrating for all of us and is threatening to derail this discussion by making it all about you and your game of dodgeball.

We, the moderator team, therefore think it's time we put an end to this game of yours by making a formal request for sources that support the assertions you have made on this thread. You therefore have until 8:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Sunday, May 8, to either cite these sources or confess that you don't have access to any and that your assertions are merely your own opinion. Failure to fulfill this request will result in you being placed back on Post Moderation for a while.

Being asked to provide clarification, references, or "proof" by a moderator in an official manner:

Occasionally a moderator will make a formal request (i.e. in a colored font, or whatnot, explicitly stating that they're asking as a mod and not a user) for clarification of a point, references to support a point, or "proof" of an assertion made in the course of discussion.  Sometimes this request will come with a "time limit" or other stipulation requesting expediency.  These requests are made in order to facilitate open and honest discussion, without knowingly or unknowingly propagating false information.  Do not be offended by such requests, but do make all haste in fulfilling them, in order to allow productive and edifying discussion to continue.

I think our founder and Administrator explains this best:

We are just trying to meet our responsibility of fairness and remember we will all face the ultimate judge, Christ himself. We really want to make sure that our site is not responsible for advertising mistruth whenever possible. No one on our moderation team is assuming anything you have said is not true. It is just confusing to try and figure out all the details and we are trying to be cautious. This is how Orthodox people are supposed to take all things, with a discerning spirit. Thank you for your understanding. We value your input on this site.

Anastasios
Administrator

If you have any questions or complaints about this request, please send them to Veniamin or me in a private message. Thank you.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:54:42 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »

Sorry to jump in on this, but what kind of tests does one do to know if they are autistic or not.

My parents thought I had autism when I was 3 years old and through my childhood. Never got a full diagnosis though.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »

Sorry to jump in on this, but what kind of tests does one do to know if they are autistic or not.

My parents thought I had autism when I was 3 years old and through my childhood. Never got a full diagnosis though.

My daughter Athy was was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when she was 3 years, 4 months old. According to the paperwork that I have (from Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh), they investigated my daughter's medical and developmental history, education and early intervention history, and family and social history. They then did tests for her fine motor skills and receptive language skills, and a "play-based assessment" was done to evaluate her communication and social interaction skills.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5GHMEjzt8

Look like your child?
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »

There are dozens upon dozens of clips on YouTube documenting autistic behavior.
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »

You missing point,
cobweb have not such kid, not even close.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »

You missing point,

First, how would you know what Cobweb's child is like in behaviour? Unless you are in real life acquainted with the family and not admitting it here, you do not have the knowledge or authority to make such as statement. To make such a declaration without real true knowledge is impertinent, lacking in charity and cruel.  I think it is safe to post that you, Alive, know nothing about Cobweb's son.

Secondly, when you posted that link you did not give any information to make any "point" to be missed. Writing something about why you think a particular link or video has something to do with the subject would be helpful.

Thirdly, if it could be of any help to you in communicating in English, in your first   phrase you left out the verb "are": "You are missing the point." is proper grammar.  In the second line your erroneous claim ought to start "Cobweb does not have..."  I understand that verbs can be difficult in going from one language to another. But again if you want others to understand you and your posts grammar and spelling and word-use are important.

Ebor
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:00:45 PM by Ebor » Logged

mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »

hi, aposphet, i'm repeating my post from page 3:

there is a score here which can help with diagnosis:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html
but be careful, you might be shocked if you get a high score on the test!
and this is also useful:
http://www.autism.org.uk/About-autism/All-about-diagnosis/Diagnosis-the-process-for-adults.aspx

the important thing is that God uses all sort of people to build His kingdom, and having autism or asperger's disease does not mean you can't get a good job or be successful socially. it just takes more work, and God can give you the strength to do that hard work. may He bless us all and may we love and accept those who are different from us.

i suggest these steps:
1. pray.
2. go to those websites and get a fair idea yourself if you have autism or something similar.
3. carefully consider the pros and cons of getting an official diagnosis (people may understand you better, but it may not help having a 'disability' when it comes to getting a job etc.
4. if you think having a formal diagnosis would be useful go and see your gp and ask to see a neurologist or neuropsychologist.
5. if you decide to delay a formal diagnosis, there are some useful books out there, eg. written by people with aspergers' syndrome.
6. pray.
God bless u  Smiley
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »

You missing point,

First, how would you know what Cobweb's child is like in behaviour? Unless you are in real life acquainted with the family and not admitting it here, you do not have the knowledge or authority to make such as statement. To make such a declaration without real true knowledge is impertinent, lacking in charity and cruel.  I think it is safe to post that you, Alive, know nothing about Cobweb's son.

Secondly, when you posted that link you did not give any information to make any "point" to be missed. Writing something about why you think a particular link or video has something to do with the subject would be helpful.

Thirdly, if it could be of any help to you in communicating in English, in your first   phrase you left out the verb "are": "You are missing the point." is proper grammar.  In the second line your erroneous claim ought to start "Cobweb does not have..."  I understand that verbs can be difficult in going from one language to another. But again if you want others to understand you and your posts grammar and spelling and word-use are important.

Ebor

you well fit into ASD standarts.
have you been diagnosed with one?
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »

You missing point,

Ebor

you well fit into ASD standarts.
have you been diagnosed with one?

I think that you are attempting to suggest that I might have a condition that is one of the Autism Spectrum Disorders?  How could that be if, as you have posted and I have understood as much as possible that Autism doesn't really exist?

Or is it your opinion that logical thought, courtesy and skills with writing are supposed to be symptoms or aspects of this particular set of conditions?  Your post could be read as another attempt to be insulting or offensive to someone who does not agree with you.

Would you please explain why you have made this statement?  Thank you.

Ebor

Alive
High Elder

« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2011, 06:07:27 AM »

I think that you are attempting to suggest that I might have a condition that is one of the Autism Spectrum Disorders?  How could that be if, as you have posted and I have understood as much as possible that Autism doesn't really exist?

Or is it your opinion that logical thought, courtesy and skills with writing are supposed to be symptoms or aspects of this particular set of conditions?  Your post could be read as another attempt to be insulting or offensive to someone who does not agree with you.

Would you please explain why you have made this statement?  Thank you.

Ebor

Of course I not doubt that Autism and Developed criteria are fraud – may apply to just about any one, as well your last post.

You may call it as sarcasm , but I did not try to make fun of you.

But you do fit into  “fake autistic” criteria because you more worry about grammar rather about contents (not understanding it) , and try enforce other topics (choosing topics to talk about ) and not understanding basic statements was presented (page1,2,3)

You have right to act as you act. And can say any thing you wish to say.

I respect that you have deferent life value and life perception what make you act accordingly.
And you should consider I may not share your value and oppose it as false one.

Also, if you not ready for opposition (for any reason) – you simply with it change topics to not conceder defeat and question your values.

Would it develop social opposition and social problems?
No doubt.

Your life goals and life values and life perceptions  – what basically related to your “religious” matter. And such matter could be (and may) – not simular to my one (or even extremely opposite)  
And because it comes for “religious” matters it would extremely hard to deal with such opposition.

So if I not share with your, your social values – our interaction would jeopardise.

If people with your life value make up social majority – it would almost automatically identify me as autist, because I do :

-   Not appreciate your gestures (consider it stupid or unreasonable etc.)
-   find your facial expressions or tone of voice – inappropriate
-   choosing topics to talk about
-   use complex words phrases – you not undistands
-   be very literal in – to avoid any misunderstandings.
-   Not appritiate your jokes, metaphor, sarcasm
-   struggle to make and maintain friendships with you (or other like you)
-   Not appreciate unwritten 'social rules'
-   Consider you unpredictable and confusing
-   uninterested in other people like you
-   appearing almost aloof behave in what may seem an inappropriate manner

Should we continuer? There are much more…. It is all from  http://www.autism.org.uk/About-autism/All-about-diagnosis/Diagnosis-the-process-for-adults.aspx

So accordingly those criteria’s one of as “autist”.

No doubt Autism is new form of social terrorism.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:20:54 AM by Alive » Logged
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »

dear alive,
by labelling autist people as autistic, we are not trying to control them but understand them.

non-autistic people find it very hard to understand autistic people, and they need a lot of help.
they really feel insecure and scared trying to understand autistic people.
so we should work to understand each other and to gently explain what we mean when we communicate.

God can help us to do that by giving us a lot of love for each other.
He also gives us some people who can act like translators, they can help the 2 groups to understand each other.
so it's not like the non-autistic people have all the knowledge and all the advantages.
it is just as hard for them trying to understand those who are different (whom i label 'autistic' coz i don't find that label offensive) as it is the other way round.
it is hard for all of us, autistic, non-autistic and 'translators' (my label for people who are somewhere in between) to understand the world we live in, so we should all try to accept one another and try not to be rude and scared.

may God help us  Smiley
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2011, 06:49:49 AM »

dear alive,
by labelling autist people as autistic, we are not trying to control them but understand them.

non-autistic people find it very hard to understand autistic people, and they need a lot of help.
they really feel insecure and scared trying to understand autistic people.
so we should work to understand each other and to gently explain what we mean when we communicate.

He also gives us some people who can act like translators, they can help the 2 groups to understand each other.
so it's not like the non-autistic people have all the knowledge and all the advantages.
it is just as hard for them trying to understand those who are different (whom i label 'autistic' coz i don't find that label offensive) as it is the other way round.
it is hard for all of us, autistic, non-autistic and 'translators' (my label for people who are somewhere in between) to understand the world we live in, so we should all try to accept one another and try not to be rude and scared.

may God help us  Smiley

I not conceder most (apart extreme disable) “autistics called” as not normal and I have lot of friends with such “statues”, and I not see not more difficult to interact with such people than with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HW7TRJU7PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAfWfsop1e0

What I see is some one ( who make up autism) do not know basic neurological typology classification and apply fake diagnose on absolutely normal people whose:
- education some times was neglected
- or who was discriminated on some way,
- or/and have not common social value

email tags changed to url tags so we can view the second video without needing to send an email to it.  -PtA
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:13:01 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »

we should work to understand each other and to gently explain what we mean when we communicate.

may God help us  Smiley

Not 2 groups but 4 and absolutly normal.

God all ready help us, but some one whish to ignor it.
And it was discovered hundreds years ago and well known in east European psychology…. But neglected in west….

And your “God Love” proclamation have no thing to do with case where some one have authority to established and enforce fake disorder and use “disability (disorder)” label on:
-   phlegmatic,
-   melancholics
-   cholerics
........Apply label on people becose they are not sanguinecs.

NOT THEY (first 3 ) BRAIN WIRED.  it is natural way them (our) nerve system designed and operate.  

By the way, most cholerics respected and lable as people with ADD and ADHD disorder .
Autism is prerogative of melancholics and some phlegmatics.

And more of them was neglected in yearly childhood or abused in school, more likely behaviour would be  significant.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:57:34 AM by Alive » Logged
Tags: autism vaccination dodgeball 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: