OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 05:51:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my friends  (Read 1517 times) Average Rating: 0
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« on: June 18, 2003, 02:24:30 PM »

Hello Everybody!
I want to request some prayers for my friends Masha & Simon.  Masha's a greencard holder here in the US, Simon's from OZ originally.  They're to be married August 3rd (my namesday, yay!) in Sydney, and left from here (D.C.) on Monday.  They have run into a problem though.  Previously, when Masha had traveled to OZ she was able to get in with an electronic visa (whatever that is), so she obtained one again.  They didn't let her through customs at LAX, and told her she shouldn't have been able to go through last year either.  Now they're sitting in LA (thankfully, they had friends there) waiting for Masha's visa to be approved.  Please pray that the issue will be resolved soon, and Masha & Simon can go on preparing for their life together without any further hinderences.  
Thanks,
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 02:32:54 PM »

Nothing like this happens accidentally, Ania.  There must be a reason in God's Divine Providence for the delay.  All will work out for the best for Simon and Masha in the end.  Prayers for them and their future life together.

Hypo-Ortho
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 04:36:23 PM »

Ania,

You have my prayers!!!

I would like to also make a request of the board. My friend and fellow parishioner Mark has ended up in the hospital while vacationing with his family in CA due to a heart condition. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Please pray for him, his wife, and his children.

Most Holy Mother of God, Save us!

Matt
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 04:45:30 PM »

I hope your friend does well in surgery, Matt.  A heart condition is certainly serious.  Prayers for Mark.

Hypo-Ortho
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 05:35:36 PM »

Prayers for Masha and Simon that all's well that ends well

and that Mark's surgery is successful and he is restored to full health.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 06:33:17 PM by the slave » Logged

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 06:18:07 PM »

Prayers for all!

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

Thanks folks! Here's an email I received today:

"Glory be to Jesus Christ!

Dawn's mother, Ronnie, called to pass on the word from Dawn that Mark had not only survived the emergency cardiac surgery, but that he was doing well. He seems to have spoken to Father Rick just shortly before he was rushed by helicopter to a cardiac center for emergency surgery.  From what we
understand, he had a congenital condition in which a valve was spraying blood rather than pumping ( much as does happen when one puts a thumb over a hose).  With time, it causes the valve to deteriorate to the point of its not functioning at all, so it is indeed a blessing that it had not yet
reached that point.

The intervention required total stoppage of blood circulation for a dangerously long time, during which Mark could have lost sight, hearing, speech or any other capacity or physical function.  From all early reports he is just fine!  Thank you, everyone, for your prayers for Mark and Dawn and their children. Please keep them in your prayers."

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 01:52:28 PM »

I am glad the news about Mark is good.

Prayers for his total recovery and his return to health continue

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: