OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 09:42:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New canine family member  (Read 1088 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: February 03, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »

Last week my beloved pit Sassy had to be euthanized. She had a congenital neurological disorder. For the last couple months she has had progressive weakening of her hind end. For the last couple weeks of her life I had to manually empty her bladder FOR her. (can't tell I loved her can you. I was changing diapers on TWO kids, homeschooling a third and hefting my 50+lb pit into and out of the bath to help her relieve herself. We have two flights of stairs to take them outside to "go" and she just couldn't make it anymore. She ripped up her belly trying). Last week she lost all sensation in her back legs and was dragging herself around. It was sad, and it was time to put her down. So we euthanized her last Tues.

Last Thurs. as a family we went to the local humane society to donate the leftover pain meds from Sassy. And we fell in love with ANOTHER pitbull! He is a cute little brendal pit mix. He turned one yesterday. And he likely would have been euthanized soon if we hadn't adopted him. He had been thru two different shelters over the last 4 mths. His given name was "Honey Bear." My husband thinks that is "too girly." So we have dubbed him Boris. We have owned Tasha (another pit/whippet mix) for almost 10 years. Now we have Boris and Tasha, the brendal pitbulls!

Below is a picture of Boris.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:01:43 PM by Quinault » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »

congradulations on the new family member...many years.....stashko.........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »

Good looking pooch. Smiley  My condolences regarding the death of your dog Sassy. Cry
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:35:46 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »

He's a doll!! Many years!!

Sorry to hear that you had to have Sassy put to sleep. Very hard thing to have to do and very sad for you. 

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »

I am truly sorry about your Sassy.  It's so sad to lose a pet.  But congratulations on your new pup!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags: pets 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: