OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:37:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrine Primacy  (Read 8638 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2008, 01:18:46 AM »

Kiousis was a Hierarch who separated from the Metropolitan of Thessaloniki in the late 1970's.  His successor is Metropolitan Paul of Astoria who has domain over North and South America and distributes communion to any Ecumenist.  The website provides a better explanation.
http://www.trueorthodoxy.org/schismatics_kiousites.shtml

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong wrong. And quoting Gregory of Colorado is not going to get you any brownie points from anyone here, Old or New Calendar.

Deacon Anastasios
--under Metropolitan Pavlos of Astoria, who is a bishop in the Synod of Archbishop Chrysostomos II (who is very much still alive, so he does not have any successor)

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

He's talking about my Church. I'll be checking into this.

THANK YOU!

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:34 AM »

Well Deacon, you are clergy of this entity - have you explained why the website is wrong and one is right?  Are schismatics and charismatics constantly battling against each other on the Internet?  Oh boy, I knew that I didn't just wonder into a vanilla Orthodox forum.   Shocked

Who said I was looking for brownie points and who really cares what Calendar one uses?

I had you for a deacon under the Serbian Patriarchate - or did I confuse you with someone else.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2008, 01:35:16 AM »

The deacon owns this site, my friend.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2008, 01:36:26 AM »

Well Deacon, you are clergy of this entity - have you explained why the website is wrong and one is right?  Are schismatics and charismatics constantly battling against each other on the Internet?  Oh boy, I knew that I didn't just wonder into a vanilla Orthodox forum.   Shocked

Who said I was looking for brownie points and who really cares what Calendar one uses?

I had you for a deacon under the Serbian Patriarchate - or did I confuse you with someone else.

I'm sorry if I came on too strong, but my point  is that you should check the source before you quote it. That website says all sorts of nasty things about your church, mine, and just about every other church around. The reason I mentioned Calendars was to underscore that no matter what one's persuasion, pretty much everyone is suspicious of Gregory of Colorado, who made the website you quoted.

As far as whether this forum is vanilla, it probably is the most representative Orthodox forum around insofar as we pretty much have members from every conceivable jurisdiction and persuasion you could ever hope to meet  Tongue The vast majority of posters on this forum and moderators are members of SCOBA jurisdictions with some members from the Non Chalcedonian Church.

No, I am not nor have I ever been a Serbian deacon.  If you look under my profile I make it clear that I am a Greek Old Calendarist.

If you want to know why we disagree with that website I can type up a response but time is limited. Let me know.

Again, sorry if I came on too strong.

In Christ,

Deacon Anastasios
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:37:09 AM by Deacon Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2008, 01:46:12 AM »

Deacon, I would like to know why your jurisdiction disagrees with Father Gregory's and anyone else's out there - no rush.  I was quoting a factual authority without knowledge of behind the scenes opinions and the like.

I do understand why people defend Elder Ephraim and other charismatics/schismatics/anything under the sun.  These people have their beliefs and I have mine.  I'm not a big fan of what the OCA, GOA or anyone else does except that Christ and the Church remain present - I just like to know who's in communion with who such that I don't take communion in something deemed schismatic/heretical, etc.

I enjoy talking with people from all jurisdictions and I'm never looking to argue with anyone.   Smiley

I forgave you - no harm, no foul.   Wink
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2008, 02:00:25 AM »

Deacon, I would like to know why your jurisdiction disagrees with Father Gregory's and anyone else's out there - no rush.  I was quoting a factual authority without knowledge of behind the scenes opinions and the like.

No more tangents.  This is supposed to be about the tension that exists between our Syrian and Indian Orthodox brothers, may it be resolved soon, God willing. 

To the extent I have contributed to this thread going off track, I ask forgiveness of my Syrian and Indian brethren.  I do not want to mock the pain of your current ordeal by keeping this going. 

If someone has something to say about the original topic of this thread as it pertains to that tragic schism, they can either start a new thread, or bring up one of the previous threads dealing with the schism.

I'm locking this one.

Tags: St. Peter Syriac Orthodox Pope Petrine Primacy schism Indian Orthodox 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: