Author Topic: Akathist prayer to Saint Christina?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
Akathist prayer to Saint Christina?
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »
I was hoping someone might know, or where I can find, an akathist prayer for Saint Christina?  Many thanks in advance...
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Akathist prayer to Saint Christina?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »
I was hoping someone might know, or where I can find, an akathist prayer for Saint Christina?  Many thanks in advance...

I wish!  My mother is a Christina - if anyone has one, let me know!

BTW: We have St. Christina's relics here in Cleveland, at the Catholic Cathedral (St. John's).
"If you are going to serve the Lord, be prepared for times when you will be put to the test. Be sincere and determined. Keep calm when trouble comes. Stay with the Lord; never abandon Him and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. Accept whatever happens to you. Even if you suffer humiliation, be patient. Gold is tested by fire and human character is tested in the furnace of humiliation. Trust the Lord and He will help you. Walk straight in His ways and put your hope in Him. " Sir 2:1-6

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

BTW: We have St. Christina's relics here in Cleveland, at the Catholic Cathedral (St. John's).

I didn't know that! Wow!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
I didn't know that! Wow!

We may have discovered this around the time of someone's wedding down there, but I thought it was very nice that I (and my brother) had our High School graduation ceremonies at that Church, so close to our mother's patroness!
"If you are going to serve the Lord, be prepared for times when you will be put to the test. Be sincere and determined. Keep calm when trouble comes. Stay with the Lord; never abandon Him and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. Accept whatever happens to you. Even if you suffer humiliation, be patient. Gold is tested by fire and human character is tested in the furnace of humiliation. Trust the Lord and He will help you. Walk straight in His ways and put your hope in Him. " Sir 2:1-6