OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 04:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akathist prayer to Saint Christina?  (Read 1033 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

I was hoping someone might know, or where I can find, an akathist prayer for Saint Christina?  Many thanks in advance...

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »

I was hoping someone might know, or where I can find, an akathist prayer for Saint Christina?  Many thanks in advance...

I wish!  My mother is a Christina - if anyone has one, let me know!

BTW: We have St. Christina's relics here in Cleveland, at the Catholic Cathedral (St. John's).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

BTW: We have St. Christina's relics here in Cleveland, at the Catholic Cathedral (St. John's).

I didn't know that! Wow!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

I didn't know that! Wow!

We may have discovered this around the time of someone's wedding down there, but I thought it was very nice that I (and my brother) had our High School graduation ceremonies at that Church, so close to our mother's patroness!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: