OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 02:48:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Father's Day  (Read 1205 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: June 15, 2003, 03:08:14 PM »

Since it is nearly 3pm EST, and noone has made ANY mention of Father's Day, let me be the first to wish....

All fathers, soon-to-be fathers, priests, deacons, bishops, a wonderful and happy father's day. Our prayers that you continue in your endeavors to be the head of the family, leading your wife, children, or church on the road to salvation, all the while enjoying the memories and happiness along the way. But also more importantly, to help your family carry the cross, through all the sickness, despair, or trouble that you will encounter along the way.

So ad multos anos to our fathers!
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 02:40:25 AM »

Was it Father's day on Sunday? Shocked

Oh nooooo......(rushes to the phone to call his dad)

(in my defense, not one of my kids wished me a happy Father's day Sad )

John
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

Was it Father's day on Sunday? Shocked

Oh nooooo......(rushes to the phone to call his dad)

(in my defense, not one of my kids wished me a happy Father's day Sad )

John

Three of my four kids made long-distance telephone calls from California to wish me a happy Father's Day, to invite me out there without accepting my excuses for not traveling, and to send me gift certificates.  The one in Arizona--well, I know he was working on Sunday (St. Mary's Hospital, Tucson) and he's a father himself: his own son probably didn't remember either.  At church, in honor of Father's Day, the "church ladies" pinned a white carnation onto each adult male who looked "fatherly," and I really got pinned!   Cool  Father made brief mention of Father's Day at the end of the lengthy Pentecost Sunday service, and we all sang "Memory Eternal!" for our departed fathers and "Many Years!" for our living ones (including me).  Grin

Hypo-Ortho
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 11:46:51 AM »

We all lit candles for our fathers, living and departed, at byzcath. I was hoping they would pass out beer too Wink. Then we had a pig pickin'! hahhahaha.

Matt
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

Well... in my defense, I TRIED to call, all day Sunday.  But as it was Troitsa on Sunday, my dad was out with all his buddies who came to Jordanville for the weekend, and I couldn't reach him.  Muy inconsiderate of him, I think, all those weekend-minutes I wasted!
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 12:49:18 PM »

Well... in my defense, I TRIED to call, all day Sunday.  But as it was Troitsa on Sunday, my dad was out with all his buddies who came to Jordanville for the weekend, and I couldn't reach him.  Muy inconsiderate of him, I think, all those weekend-minutes I wasted!
Ania

Ania, don't give up!  You can still call him and wish him a Father's Day belatedly.  I'm sure your dad will appreciate your remembering.  I know I would!   Wink

Hypo-Ortho
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: