OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 07:06:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1,000th POST!!!  (Read 2146 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: June 13, 2003, 06:26:09 PM »

With this post I thee wed, err, umm become the first poster to go over the mythical untouched 4-digit mark and cast my 1,000th post on OCnet! A feat unmatched by any other poster! Tongue

Since I have reached my goal of 1000 posts here by the quadruple holiday of Anastasios's wedding anniversary, Pentecost, Father's Day and my 30th birthday on the 15th of June (Sunday), I will stop posting until the rest of you eating my dust* can catch up!  Wink

See you on the flip side!  Shocked

*Hypo, Serge, Lucien, Anastasios, Philip, David and Sinjin, the ones over the 500 mark in postings.

The following screen shot is Apple's Mac OS X browser, Safari, based on the KHTML Konqueror for UNIX.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 11:34:54 AM by -Â¥-+-¦-+-+-¦-¦ » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 08:31:48 PM »

Congrats my ROCOR Brother Wink, I had a buck & a half  before I was zapped by a gremlin Tongue

james
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 08:33:18 PM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 12:41:46 AM »

Congratulations!

We are not worthy!

I am envious, since I am down there dragging the number four spot.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 08:24:20 AM »

Congratulations!

We are not worthy!

I am envious, since I am down there dragging the number four spot.

Congrats!  With this post I'm up to 971, I think, Nik.  May I still keep my Papal tiara?  I just had it redone in diamonds.   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 02:01:45 PM »

Nik is inelligible for the position "Top Poster" for the simple technicality that he is a "Global Moderator."  So you get to keep it, Hypo.  I'd suggest you post more though.  Cool

anastasios
"Encouraging all Orthodox to spend more time online--at our site of course."  Tongue

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 04:02:15 PM »

A special blessing for Brother Anastasios, his ecumenical charity to this humble Latin for rectifying a problem is much appreciated Grin.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 09:26:05 AM »

Nik is inelligible for the position "Top Poster" for the simple technicality that he is a "Global Moderator."  So you get to keep it, Hypo.  I'd suggest you post more though.  Cool

anastasios
"Encouraging all Orthodox to spend more time online--at our site of course."  Tongue

Anastasios, I post as often as I am able, but it has to be on a topic on which the Spirit moves me.  I don't want to post just for the sake of posting.  And I'd prefer to post on topics directly related to Orthodoxy and in areas where I have at least a little bit of knowledge and some expertise.  

Please bear with me--I've been tempted recently to leave this forum completely because some of the posts critical of Orthodoxy have riled me up so.  In charity, I always want to think of this forum as a "safe place" for Orthodox believers.

Hypo-Ortho
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 12:14:54 PM »

Brother John,

Never give up the good race, for our faith is constantly tested  by the evil one.

james

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 12:37:30 PM »

anastasios

Anastasios, I post as often as I am able, but it has to be on a topic on which the Spirit moves me.  I don't want to post just for the sake of posting.  And I'd prefer to post on topics directly related to Orthodoxy and in areas where I have at least a little bit of knowledge and some expertise.  

Please bear with me--I've been tempted recently to leave this forum completely because some of the posts critical of Orthodoxy have riled me up so.  In charity, I always want to think of this forum as a "safe place" for Orthodox believers.

Hypo-Ortho

Don't worry, Hypo, I wasn't singling anyone out, and you stand at the top as a great example of an active poster!  Of course I understand that everyone has a life which is why I added a smiley after the statement.

I understand your alarm at any perceived attacks on Orthodoxy, but as always this is an Orthodox forum which entertains some ecumenical discussion, not an ecumenical website with an Orthodox flavor.  You can always report a post you find offensive, and I will give an answer.

And always keep defending Orthodoxy--we have many "lurkers" who are learning by reading and many non-Orthodox who are learning by participating.  If someone is critical of Orthodoxy, critique their critique.  Discussion forums are great places for learning and communicating.

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 01:05:08 AM »

Hypo-Ortho

Please don't even talk that way, Hypo! We need you, brother!

I certainly appreciate your posts and your stand for the truth of our holy Faith.

I hope I have never caused any offense.

Sometimes I feel what you expressed above. Take a look at the quote from St. Athanasius that is my signature. Please follow his example and constrain yourself to write!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 01:18:32 AM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 09:51:09 AM »

Hypo-Ortho

Please don't even talk that way, Hypo! We need you, brother!

I certainly appreciate your posts and your stand for the truth of our holy Faith.

I hope I have never caused any offense.

Sometimes I feel what you expressed above. Take a look at the quote from St. Athanasius that is my signature. Please follow his example and constrain yourself to write!  Smiley

Linus, you have *NEVER* caused me any offense.  I consider you at the top of the list of the defenders of Orthodoxy here.  I wish I could be as good an apologist for Holy Orthodoxy as you.  You are one of the reasons I stay on this forum, Linus, and I thank God for you!

In Christ,
Hypo-Ortho
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 11:38:33 PM »

Linus, you have *NEVER* caused me any offense.  I consider you at the top of the list of the defenders of Orthodoxy here.  I wish I could be as good an apologist for Holy Orthodoxy as you.  You are one of the reasons I stay on this forum, Linus, and I thank God for you!

In Christ,
Hypo-Ortho

Of course, you knew I would have to quote that!  Grin

Aw, shucks!

Thanks, brother! I am sure glad you're here, too.

Christ is among us!

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags: top poster 1000 millennium 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: