Author Topic: The day the forum wept.  (Read 1273 times)

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
The day the forum wept.
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
After one of the most ridiculous days of my life, and that is saying something, all you (who are uncountable) who get in touch with me via gmail, gchat, my phone number, pretty much anyway of direct communication are out of luck.

My base of operations has moved to the email account I have listed here on this site: personal email removed

Yes, this day has the chance of getting worse. It sorta began with getting defecated on by a bird. And went downhill from there.

personal email removed to protect it against spiders and bots and other things with nefarious motives  -PtA
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:01:27 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
Re: The day the forum wept.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
After one of the most ridiculous days of my life, and that is saying something, all you (who are uncountable) who get in touch with me via gmail, gchat, my phone number, pretty much anyway of direct communication are out of luck.

My base of operations has moved to the email account I have listed here on this site: personal email removed

Yes, this day has the chance of getting worse. It sorta began with getting defecated on by a bird. And went downhill from there.

personal email removed to protect it against spiders and bots and other things with nefarious motives  -PtA

It wasn't a white dove was it?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:01:53 AM by PeterTheAleut »
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »

You know, I never heard getting     on by a bird being considered good luck till today. Heard it from five people. Hey, that's good luck.

New custom to me.

It was pigeon certainly, which is just a ghetto for dove. And ain't much white other than me happening where I was.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:02:05 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
Uh oh. What'd you do? I told you not to mouth off to the police!

Offline elijahmaria

• Taxiarches
    • Irenikin: The Skete
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »

You know, I never heard getting     on by a bird being considered good luck till today. Heard it from five people. Hey, that's good luck.

New custom to me.

It was pigeon certainly, which is just a ghetto for dove. And ain't much white other than me happening where I was.

When I was in second grade, I lived in Erie, PA and we had to walk across a beautiful park to get to my grade school.  I walked it dutifully every day, varying neither to right nor left, speaking to no one but my school mates, if I should happen to be near any of them, and minding my own business to and from school.  This was easy because I was exceptionally and painfully shy...don't laugh...I was...still am.

One day I was doing an arithmetic exercise page and I ran my fingers through my hair, and when I looked at my hand I realized that my brains were falling out.  Brains were grey matter, I knew that much and there surely was grey matter on my hand.  I began to cry and continued crying.  No amount of cajoling could induce me to tell them what was wrong and I teared silently, till they called my father to come and pick me up and take me away till I could calm down.   He came and I showed him the brains that were oozing from my head.  He smiled and said it would all be all right.  Said he had some glue at home that was designed for the very purpose of closing small holes in small heads.  I was content.

Blessings on your house!

M.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:02:25 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
Good luck?!  ha!

LAst time my wife dragged me to the beach (Rehoboth, DE), I just purchased a fine soft pretzel and we were heading out to the sands for a stroll.  In what can only be described as a gang mugging, one seagull crapped on my shirt and when I turned to look, another dove down and took the ENTIRE soft pretzel (this was one of those big ones, folks) out of my hand and flew off.  It all happened with such speed to make Bruce Lee proud.

My day just went downhill from there.

And my wife still doesn't get why I hate the beach.
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:06 PM »
Didn't Tobit get it by a bird?  It might not be a sign of a bad day. :P

Offline Melodist

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
Didn't Tobit get it by a bird?  It might not be a sign of a bad day. :P

Didn't that cause him to go blind?

Anyway Orthonorm, keep your head up, I mean covered.
And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God

Offline FountainPen

• Is not wasting any more of her ink
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
What will we do? What will we do?

??? :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9hx8fbOSFM
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
What will we do? What will we do?

??? :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9hx8fbOSFM

i think it might be tough to get a full refund for stolen checks if you don't have any identification on you...  ???
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:47:57 PM by Ortho_cat »

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »

LOL! I could be related to him or him. I am not sure. I spent a good decade with large gaps in it.

EDIT: good here refers to quantity not quality, oh who am I kidding?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:06:40 PM by orthonorm »

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »

New custom to me.

When I was in second grade, I lived in Erie, PA and we had to walk across a beautiful park to get to my grade school.  I walked it dutifully every day, varying neither to right nor left, speaking to no one but my school mates, if I should happen to be near any of them, and minding my own business to and from school.  This was easy because I was exceptionally and painfully shy...don't laugh...I was...still am.

One day I was doing an arithmetic exercise page and I ran my fingers through my hair, and when I looked at my hand I realized that my brains were falling out.  Brains were grey matter, I knew that much and there surely was grey matter on my hand.  I began to cry and continued crying.  No amount of cajoling could induce me to tell them what was wrong and I teared silently, till they called my father to come and pick me up and take me away till I could calm down.   He came and I showed him the brains that were oozing from my head.  He smiled and said it would all be all right.  Said he had some glue at home that was designed for the very purpose of closing small holes in small heads.  I was content.

Blessings on your house!

M.

Of absolutely no conversational value whatsoever, but I drove through Erie today.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.