OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 11:44:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assignment One: The Eucharist by Fr. Schmemann  (Read 20062 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »

I'd be fine with either St. John or Lossky, though I'd have to buy the book by Lossky if we chose that option.

A short synopsis in English is available online, http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/general/lossky_intro.aspx

Unfortunately, I don't know of any Internet link to the book's full text in English; there is one to its full text in Russian (http://www.wco.ru/biblio/books/lossk1/Main.htm), but I realize that the majority on this site does not read in Russian. Sad

Love never fails.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »

I tried to learn Russian once... I think I learnt a few words laugh I'll work on getting the Lossky book after the holidays.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »

I tried to learn Russian once... I think I learnt a few words laugh I'll work on getting the Lossky book after the holidays.

It might be a real pain for a non-native Russian speaker because Lossky is a difficult author, he writes in long, complicated sentences. Still, of course, do try, and do ask me or Mikhail Smirnov or Nektarios if you have "linguistic" questions!

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: