OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 07:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos of Miracles  (Read 4822 times) Average Rating: 0
Christodoulos
Elder

« on: January 01, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

God bless !

Some orthodox miracles:

In CHRIST
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:02:53 PM by Christodoulos » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »

It would be helpful to have some kind of information as to what the pictures are supposed to be showing.  Such things as where, when and who are important things to know. Without that, these are pictures with no explanation.

Ebor

edited for a grammar correction
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:36:43 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »

God bless !

The blood weeping icon of the Mother of God from Kosovo:

The weeping icon of Kosovo:

blood weeping icon from Serbia:

weeping icons of Serbia:

In CHRIST
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:10:53 PM by Christodoulos » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »

It would be helpful to have some kind of information as to what the pictures are supposed to be showing.  Such things as where, when and who are important things to know. With out that, these are pictures with no explanation.

Ebor
Another way of saying this:  Anyone can doctor a photograph with Photoshop and make it look miraculous.  Besides, can you really freeze-frame such miracles without squelching the life out of them?  Miracles happen in real time, such that their meaning cannot be captured in photographs except for those who experience and remember them.
Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Another way of saying this:  Anyone can doctor a photograph with Photoshop and make it look miraculous.  Besides, can you really freeze-frame such miracles without squelching the life out of them?  Miracles happen in real time, such that their meaning cannot be captured in photographs except for those who experience and remember them.

God bless !

If you want to deny "real" miracles of Christ and the Theotokos - most of them are approved by the Russsian Orthodox Church and the Serbian Orthodox Church. There is even an commission to prove such miracles in Russia from the MP.

In CHRIST
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:32:48 PM by Christodoulos » Logged
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »

God bless !If you want to deny "real" miracles of Christ and the Theotokos - most of them are approved by the Russsian Orthodox Church and the Serbian Orthodox Church. There is even an commission to prove such miracles in Russia from the MP.

In CHRIST

Then show us where these actually have been accepted by Russia or Serbia.  If that's happened as you claim, it shouldn't be too much trouble for you to give some evidence.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 04:46:17 PM »

God bless !

If you want to deny "real" miracles of Christ and the Theotokos - most of them are approved by the Russsian Orthodox Church and the Serbian Orthodox Church. There is even an commission to prove such miracles in Russia from the MP.

In CHRIST
I don't deny the miracles.  In fact, within the context of this thread, the validity of the miracles is not even my concern.  I'm commenting ONLY on the photographs you've posted.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »

God bless !

Some orthodox miracles:

In CHRIST

I would really like to know what this is. That poor man, his hands look awful, like talons. Is it leprosy?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 05:11:40 PM by Quinault » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

I would really like to know what this is. That poor man, his hands look awful, like talons. Is it leprosy?

Its a body thats considered un -corrupted of a saint thats probably myrrh streaming as a sign of holiness...stashko....its a body priest monk.....I could be wrong though he may yet be alive.......stashko
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:21:47 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 08:34:35 PM »

Then show us where these actually have been accepted by Russia or Serbia.  If that's happened as you claim, it shouldn't be too much trouble for you to give some evidence.

Of course I could give you the evidence ( with much more miracles and signs) but for such a "rude" post you will not receive an answer !

Christodoulos, you have been requested to provide information by a moderator of this site, and you have replied with great discourtesy.

You shall not be able to post until this proof, as requested, is forwarded to me.

+Fr Chris
Administrator
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:24:44 AM by FrChris » Logged
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 08:42:33 PM »

Of course I could give you the evidence ( with much more miracles and signs) but for such a "rude" post you will not receive an answer !

And your unfounded, erroneous, and malicious accusation that Peter was denying miracles wasn't rude?

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »

And your unfounded, erroneous, and malicious accusation that Peter was denying miracles wasn't rude?

Brother about 99.9% orthodox agree with our brother Christodoulos in his fine and i mean fine work...with out his knowledge  in the lifes of the holy Saints i and many orthodox and non orthodox would be ignorant of these orthodox tresures the holy saints ...please let him con- his Holy calling ......i enjoy looking and reading about them ...why  are you and other moderators finding fault with this .....its upsetting to watch him being persecuted for every thing he does ,,,granted he may get a little over zealous but he's not harming anybody by it...Brother CHRISTODOULOS   KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK......stashko............SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

Brother about 99.9% orthodox agree with our brother Christodoulos in his fine and i mean fine work...with out his knowledge  in the lifes of the holy Saints i and many orthodox and non orthodox would be ignorant of these orthodox tresures the holy saints ...please let him con- his Holy calling ......i enjoy looking and reading about them ...why  are you and other moderators finding fault with this .....its upsetting to watch him being persecuted for every thing he does ,,,granted he may get a little over zealous but he's not harming anybody by it...Brother CHRISTODOULOS   KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK......stashko............SmileyCentral.com" border="0
If you feel that we, the moderators, are not being fair to Christodoulos and are persecuting him, then please feel free to complain about this in a private message to one of the GM's, cleveland or ozgeorge, or to our forum admin, FrChris.  We appreciate hearing from our posters feedback on how we can improve our service to the OCnet community, so please feel free to PM this to us.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:29:11 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

Asking you for your sources or for further evidence is not considered rude in anglophone culture.  Although plagiarism could be considered so.  I personally would like to see who is publishing this material and if it is approved by local jurisdiction in which the events are occurring. 

its upsetting to watch him being persecuted for every thing he does

Asking someone to observe the same forum rules as every other poster and to simply post his sources doesn't equate to persecution.  Bravo to our moderators who have a thankless and highly under appreciated job. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:25:33 PM by Νεκτάριος » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

If you feel that we, the moderators, are not being fair to Christodoulos and are persecuting him, then please feel free to complain about this in a private message to one of the GM's, cleveland or ozgeorge, or to our forum admin, FrChris.

Brother i mean no offence to you or the other moderators ..i really do want to know about these Holy tresures The Holy Saints ...im ignorant when it comes to them ,,,,,Where else would i be able to read about them other than here on a orthodox forum.....i really don't read alot of books so i would of never known about them other than here....Brother Christodoulos is doing truly Gods work by making me and others aware of them and how we also can strive in our journey in life to achieve holiness like they by there exsample.....Mir... stashko.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »

Asking you for your sources or for further evidence is not considered rude in anglophone culture.  Although plagiarism could be considered so.  I personally would like to see who is publishing this material and if it is approved by local jurisdiction in which the events are occurring. 

Asking someone to observe the same forum rules as every other poster and to simply post his sources doesn't equate to persecution.  Bravo to our moderators who have a thankless and highly under appreciated job. 

If im right Brother on some of the holy Saints there life isn't allways know ....But thru traditions of the Holy Church they are still honored as saints.....what about St. christopher the catholic church dropped him the orthodox still honores  him ....my metropolitans name is Christopher ,,,.....stashko........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »

If im right Brother on some of the holy Saints there life isn't allways know ....But thru traditions of the Holy Church they are still honored as saints.....what about St. christopher the catholic church dropped him the orthodox still honores  him ....my metropolitans name is Christopher ,,,.....stashko........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Even so, the Church still records somewhere that he is a saint, even if only in the calendar, and the Church still records what he did, for the edification of the faithful.  No one is questioning what the Church has judged and found to be from God, but we do question and test to make sure that something has been judged by the Church.  I seem to recall somewhere in St. Paul's epistles that we are commanded to test all things to determine whether they are from God.  How are we to do so when the person bringing these things to us refuses to tell us from where they come or whether the Church has tested them?

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »

Even so, the Church still records somewhere that he is a saint, even if only in the calendar, and the Church still records what he did, for the edification of the faithful.  No one is questioning what the Church has judged and found to be from God, but we do question and test to make sure that something has been judged by the Church.  I seem to recall somewhere in St. Paul's epistles that we are commanded to test all things to determine whether they are from God.  How are we to do so when the person bringing these things to us refuses to tell us from where they come or whether the Church has tested them?

Brother i swear i heard that the catholic church didn't have any history on his life ,,,or that he even existed...thats why he was dropped from there calendar ...do we orthodox have his life history or a little bit of it ......stashko........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »

Brother i swear i heard that the catholic church didn't have any history on his life ,,,or that he even existed...thats why he was dropped from there calendar ...do we orthodox have his life history or a little bit of it ......stashko........

That is a bit misleading.  The Catholic system of commemorating a saint works a bit differently than the Orthodox system.  St. Christopher is no longer an obligatory memorial on the Roman Calendar, but instead an optional memorial.   
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 10:26:31 PM »

That is a bit misleading.  The Catholic system of commemorating a saint works a bit differently than the Orthodox system.  St. Christopher is no longer an obligatory memorial on the Roman Calendar, but instead an optional memorial.   

Can you Brother dig up some history on his life ........stashko........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »

How's about that for a miracle?

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 11:40:24 PM »

What a beautiful photo.  Is that your baby?
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »

Can you Brother dig up some history on his life ........stashko........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

stashko,

History of St Christopher at;

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03728a.htm

In the article found at the following url, the question of whether or not St. Christopher is still a saint in Catholicism is considered; and why the saint has been removed from the General Roman Calendar is explained.

http://www.catholicculture.org/library/view.cfm?recnum=6530

And here is a site dedicated to the Cult of St Christopher.

God be with you.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »

Thats the most beautiful miracle of miracles God has given us ....my brother was bragging to Fr.Miroslav one sunday about his son on how quiet and well behaved he is ...Father told him now maybe ,,but theres one thousand
devils or more in him waiting to get out and start trouble ..i thought it was so funny......stashko.......SmileyCentral.com" border="0

jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 12:42:21 AM »

That is one BEAUTIFUL baby!!  Are congratulations in order?

Juliana Smiley
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »

stashko,

History of St Christopher at;

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03728a.htm

In the article found at the following url, the question of whether or not St. Christopher is still a saint in Catholicism is considered; and why the saint has been removed from the General Roman Calendar is explained.

And here is a site dedicated to the Cult of St Christopher.

God be with you.

Thank you Brother for this .....stashko.........SmileyCentral.com" border="0

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »

What a beautiful photo.  Is that your baby?

No, it's just a random photo of a baby I picked to show a miracle Smiley   

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:45:22 PM by username! » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 01:48:18 AM »

No, it's just a random photo of a baby I picked to show a miracle Smiley   

Funny........stashko.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:43:44 AM by stashko » Logged

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

Funny........stashko.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Hmmm, I wasn't trying to be haha funny.  The post did get the point across though, eh?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:26:47 PM by username! » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: