Author Topic: "Alone" in my faith  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
Re: "Alone" in my faith
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »
Dear Father Chris, again, thank you so much. I will, I will try. Kissing your right hand, --H-man :)
Love never fails.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »
I think it's comforting to go back to the famous formula "God became man so that man might become God."  If all the Orthodox Christians were putting this through practice, there would be no atheism.  It gives a whole new meaning to "lights of the world and salts of the earth."  We don't prove God's existence by arguments, even though they're entertaining and somewhat helpful, but most importantly we live God and we have God in us.  No greater proof for the atheist and agnostic than to see the God in you.

God bless you.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »
Mina, thank you! --G
Love never fails.

Offline Amdetsion

• Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
  • High Elder
  • HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
I think it's comforting to go back to the famous formula "God became man so that man might become God."  If all the Orthodox Christians were putting this through practice, there would be no atheism.  It gives a whole new meaning to "lights of the world and salts of the earth."  We don't prove God's existence by arguments, even though they're entertaining and somewhat helpful, but most importantly we live God and we have God in us.  No greater proof for the atheist and agnostic than to see the God in you.

God bless you.

Blessed!

Thanks you..
"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7