OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beautiful Serbian Christmas song and an Arabic Byzantine Chant from YouTube  (Read 3397 times) Average Rating: 0
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« on: December 25, 2007, 03:39:37 AM »

For all of you Serbs   Kiss   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SDMONHHViQ

And for all of you Arabs   Kiss   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvjiVam2HO4

Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas Meditation by Metropolitan PHILIP

Lord,

What shall I offer you on your birthday in return for your infinite love?

I have neither gold nor silver, neither myrrh nor frankincense.

My house is without a roof.  I have no room for you; not even a manger.

My soul is even darker than the clouds of my passion.

My eyes are too dim to look beyond the horizon of myself.

Help me behold your bright star; "For in thy light we shall see light."

Lord,

You have been knocking on my door for thirty-nine years, but I never dared let you in because my garment is not white as snow.

Forgive me if I do not invite you to my table, for my table is full of everything you despise.  I have denied you more than Peter.

I have doubted you more than Thomas.

I have betrayed you more than Judas.

My hands are empty.  My lips are not clean to sing your praise.

And my heart is wrinkled with sorrow like a withered leaf under autumn's wind.

Lord,

The only thing I can offer you on your birthday is myself.

Drown me in the ocean of your love.

Feed me with your heavenly bread, for the bread of this world will never satisfy my hunger.

Quench my thirst with your divine fountain, for the water of this earth will never satisfy my thirst.

Give me your eyes to see what you see, your ears to hear what you hear and your heart to love what you love.

Take me with you to Mount Tabor and let me bathe in your eternal light.

Lord,

"Create a clean heart in me.  Cast me not away from Thy face.  Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and strengthen me with a perfect spirit."

Teach me how to pray in simple words, for only through prayers I may overcome my loneliness.

Help me to care for the needy, the oppressed, the orphans, the sinners and the despised whom you love.

As I kneel before your manger with love and humility I beseech you to listen to my prayers.

prayingserb

ЧУВА БОГ СРБИНА СВОГ

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 04:40:48 AM »

the serbian one is beautiful. but remember, our christmas is the 7th of january!

merry christmas to everyone!

God bless.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:45:01 AM by prayingserb » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »

the serbian one is beautiful. but remember, our christmas is the 7th of january!

merry christmas to everyone!

God bless.

IT sure is Brother ,,,do you speak serbian ....stashko.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

I wish I could chant like those Arab chanters!

This particular hymn is sung at the ninth hour of the Royal Hours on Dec. 24 and I know my rendition of this hymn sounded nothing like this!  Glory to God for the gift of song.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 10:05:33 PM »

Christ is born!

Absolutely beautiufl!! Thanks so much for sharing those clips, Tamara.

God be with you.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »

Both presentations are so uplifting!
Thanks Tamara!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
prayingserb

ЧУВА БОГ СРБИНА СВОГ

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:00:14 AM »

IT sure is Brother ,,,do you speak serbian ....stashko.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Naravno brate. U ovom domu se ne cuje engleski. Prave izbeglice hehe. a ti? gde se ti nalazis? ja sam ovde u australiji.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 04:35:22 AM »

Naravno brate. U ovom domu se ne cuje engleski. Prave izbeglice hehe. a ti? gde se ti nalazis? ja sam ovde u australiji.

Brate ..ja sada razumem ...za vreme serbskoga hrvatskog i bosanskog rata ti si dosho u asraliju stvojom familijom...ja se nalazim  u chicago ill..amerika.........stashko.......SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
prayingserb

ЧУВА БОГ СРБИНА СВОГ

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:48 PM »

cujem da mnogo nasi zive u cikagu (200000 ?). ovde u brisbanu, ima nas 5000, i 5 crkava, i 4 sale za crkvene piknike, zabave (folklor, skola za decu) itd. kako se tamo snalazi sa nasima?
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 11:57:33 PM »

cujem da mnogo nasi zive u cikagu (200000 ?). ovde u brisbanu, ima nas 5000, i 5 crkava, i 4 sale za crkvene piknike, zabave (folklor, skola za decu) itd. kako se tamo snalazi sa nasima?

Brother:
True mabe even more ...i can read what you written but i don't always understand the big serbian words ...i speak ulitsa serbian ..this that you wrote ,,,[kako se tamo snalazi sa nasima ]this i didn't understand what it means...   stashko

prayingserb

ЧУВА БОГ СРБИНА СВОГ

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 01:46:28 AM »

yeah, i speak pretty rough serbian too. My English isn't much better either ahah.

But I think your Serbian is pretty good. I think I just asked you in a pretty 'ulica' way hehe. I meant, how are the serbs like in chicago, do they get together etc like in brisbane too?

God bless, Serb brother.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 02:17:14 AM »

yeah, i speak pretty rough serbian too. My English isn't much better either ahah.

But I think your Serbian is pretty good. I think I just asked you in a pretty 'ulica' way hehe. I meant, how are the serbs like in chicago, do they get together etc like in brisbane too?

God bless, Serb brother.

Brate ;;;your serbian is way better than mine...i express myself better in english .it hard for me to express in serbian i don't know the words ....

They get along as best as they can ...though we serb are known to have chips on our shoulders...serbs with arititude....but all in all we get along just fine...i will send you a link that you can print a key board that has the cirillica letter on it that coresponds with the english key board so you know were the serbian curillic letters are located on the american or english key board....Brat stashko
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:21:47 AM by stashko » Logged

Tamara
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

I found out yesterday from my friend, who sent me the Serbian video, that there is a group of musicians, singers and others who are using this video as a way to raise money to rebuild monastery Djurdjevi Stupovi in Ras. Also, some of the funds raised will also go to help Serbian children who are in need. This group may eventually form ties with Ancient Faith Radio in the future because at this point they do not have an American channel to share their message.

Scamandrius, I think this particular Byzantine tone is also used on Holy Thursday (Today He is suspended on a Tree).

I am glad you all enjoyed the videos.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:26:28 PM by Tamara » Logged
Tags: nativity 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: