OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 25, 2014, 08:53:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Liturgy according to St. Germanus of Paris  (Read 2810 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« on: December 24, 2007, 01:06:01 AM »

I was finally able to find what appears to be a fairly complete and reliable translation of the Liturgy of St. Germanus of Paris in English, so I thought I would share.

Click here.

It is a cached page from a Milan Synod monastery site that seems to be down, so hopefully it will work okay for everyone.

And another source is here.

If you understand French, you can read it here in French from another site.

I am hoping if I head to France in the coming years to witness it.   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 01:14:58 AM by Friul » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »

Neat! I spent a lot of time in the ancient abbey church of St. Germain des Pres when I was in Paris. One of my favorite churches.
Cyprianus

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:36:33 AM »

I know that I'm coming late to this but the English translation may be found on the ECOF website, here.

Thou didst renounce magic for the knowledge of God and didst become a wise healer for the world. Together with Justina thou dost cure those who honour thee: with her pray to Christ our God the Lover of mankind that He may save our souls!
Tags: liturgy online 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: