OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 07:09:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calendar  (Read 1571 times) Average Rating: 0
TonyS
High Elder

« on: June 08, 2003, 08:39:26 AM »

Friends,

If we are gonna list feasts twice can we qualify them as new style or old style or Western Paschalion, or something else someone else can think up?  

Otherwise we have the same feast twice like Pentecost on the calendar today and next Sunday.  Of course we who are in it know the difference, others may be confused.

Tony

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 11:53:42 AM »

Well I don't know...if one clicks on the relevant citation it leads one to the original post that lists the feasts, such as "May Feast Days" or "Syriac Feasts for June."  Isn't that enough?

We are not as of this month listing feasts by both Old and New Calendars for fixed feasts, although I listed both dates for the Pachalion since they are different on the Church Calendar itself.

I suppose we could say that New Calendar, Julian Paschalion feasts need no further explanation but all other feasts need to be amended with a parenthases like "Feast of Ascension (M.S.)" (M.S. meaning Malankara Syriac) for instance.  I don't know, does anyone have a better suggestion?

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Orthodox Swamp Thing

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - San Francisco & The West

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »

Here's a link to an Old Calendar... It's hosted by Holy Trinity Orthodox Church: http://www.holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/

Here's a link to a New Calendar.... It's hosted by the OCA: http://www.oca.org/Reading.asp?SID=25
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:55:51 PM »

In this almost 7 year old thread, we were referring to this board's calendar system, which we used to try and keep updated for the festal periods. We may embed one of the calendars you mentioned at some point.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:56:12 PM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Orthodox Swamp Thing

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - San Francisco & The West

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »

Oh...........
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »

Thanks anyway Wink

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: