OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 06:42:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June Site of the Month: St. Hilarion Monastery  (Read 935 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: June 07, 2003, 11:53:51 AM »

Friends,

St. Hilarion Monastery (http://www.odox.net) has won the June Site of the Month nomination.  It is a Western Rite Monastery under the Synod of Milan.

Resources include many liturgical texts, a Western saints icon gallery, a Press with books and music (including ancient Western Chants), etc.  The plethora of useful resources is why it was selected as the June Site of the Month, but we also respect their efforts to restore Western Orthodoxy.

Some of you questioned whether we should make a monastery not in communion with SCOBA or ROCOR an OrthodoxChristianity.net Site of the Month, but we select a site based on its resources, not necessarily on its jurisdiction.

In Christ,

anastasios
ADMINISTRATOR
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 11:54:19 AM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 02:31:49 PM »

As it is a beautiful site and a good resource, and as IIRC there is no restriction on this award limiting it to Eastern Orthodox sites, I have no problem with this.

I am fairly sure this award was meant to include Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian, Catholic, interfaith, secular and other sites with content useful to those interested in the Eastern part of Christendom.

My only point, since it's not clear on the site in question, was that it is a non-Orthodox site.

But keeping that in mind, it is a winner.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: