OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 11:44:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To all who can speak Russian!  (Read 3465 times) Average Rating: 0
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate: Orthodox Metropolis of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia

The Blind Bandit

« on: September 29, 2007, 03:19:14 AM »

Help!

I want to learn the Divine Liturgy in Russian but cant because i dont know where to search...
Please help..

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 05:52:13 AM »

Russian? You mean Slavonic, right?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:08:33 AM »

Dear Sohma_Hatori,

Aristokles is right; it is very difficult to find the text of the Divine Liturgy in modern Russian. I am sure it exists, but it will take a lot of time and effort to find it on the Internet or elsewhere.

If you are interested in the text of "Bozhestvennyaya Liturgiya" in Old Church Slavonic, here's one good site:

http://www.liturgy.ru/

In the upper left corner, you can find links to texts of Proskomede, Divine Liturgy, various troparions, kontakions, etc., in Old Church Slavonic.

All people who speak fluent Russian can understand the meaning of these texts, although the difference between the language in which they were written and the modern Russian language is substantial.

Good wishes,

George
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:23:50 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »

Also:
http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/liturgy_e.htm

Somewhere else I got some pfd's, bilingual English/Slavonic...now just to remember from where I grabbed them... Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:33:03 PM by Αριστοκλής » Logged

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate: Orthodox Metropolis of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »

Thanks, I'll do what I can translating the cyrillic alphabet on the pages you have given me...

Thanks so much

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 10:29:23 PM »

Heorhij,

How did they handle older Slavic texts when you were in school ( for instance Слово о полко Игореве)?  Did you read those works in a modern translation or were there textbooks and courses available to teach older forms of East Slavic/ Russian / Ukrainian?  I've been trying to find an actual coursebook for this for some time; all I can find are grammars, which are only so useful.   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:30:00 PM by Νεκτάριος » Logged
Galina-Volga

Faith: Eastern Othodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Kosovo is the heart of Serbiya

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

Nektarios,  look here   http://litopys.org.ua/

You can go on yandex.ru (Russian search machine) and put on Russian -  Лаврентьевская, Ипатьевская, Новгородская первая летописи   or if you want    Слово о полку Игореве
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 04:36:15 PM »

Dear Nektarios, I am so sorry, I missed your question! My answer is, at my secondary school, we read a modern Russian translation of the "Slovo," with just a few quotes in the original Slavonic. Also, it was mentioned in our Ukrainian Literature class, and we read parts of a modern Ukrainian translation, as I recall. At my university (Kiev Medical Institute) there were no classes that would teach mediaeval Slavic literatures.

Galina-Volga, thank you so much for the link! Чи Ви часом нe українка? Приємно познайомитися!

Love never fails.
Galina-Volga

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »

Heorhij, priyatno poznakomit'sya tozhe!

Ne, ya russkaya (hotya praded byl s' Har'kovs'ki gubernii). Staroslavyanskij uchila v Tver State University (filologicheskij fakul'tet, special'nost' russkij yazyk i literatura), no ya iz teh specov, kotoryh nazyvayt filOluhami.  laugh
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »

Cпасибо за "clarification" (у мeня нeт твeрдого знака на клавиатурe, а ковeркать русскоe слово нe хочу). Я киeвлянин родом, и для мeня украинский и русский одинаково родныe языки. Родитeли были росскоязычныe, дeд украиноязычный (урожeнeц гоголeвских Вeликих Cорочинцeв). Smiley

Вы из филолухов, а я биолух. Smiley

Love never fails.
Galina-Volga

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »

For those who interested in to learn Church Slavonic grammar. There is a good book  written by Abp. Alypy (Gamanovich) "Grammar of the Church Slavonic Language" . You can order it from St.John of Kronstadt Press 
http://www.sjkp.org/
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

Text of Liturgies in modern Russian can be found here:
http://wertograd.narod.ru/litur/lit.htm

The translator is Fr. Hieromonk Ambrose (Timrot).
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: