OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Messed Up "Christmas Songs"  (Read 2811 times) Average Rating: 0
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« on: December 03, 2007, 11:53:42 PM »

Some people are fond of listening to the "All Christmas Songs All Day and Night Long" station, and love hearing the same station over in the stores that they shop in, the Barber shops, the restaurants, the schools, the pre-post Christmas parties, in Junior's crib, in the movie theatre lobby, at the pizzaria, at the gas station, at the Jiffy Lube, at the Break Check, at Lowe's, at Wal Mart, at the Chinese food place, at the Indian food place, in the Funeral Home and durring major surgery, but after about three days of that, I GET SICK OF IT!  I'm tired of hearing "Chestnuts Roasting" "Slieghride" "Here comes Santa Clause" and "Merry Christmas Darling" all in a row done by Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra, or some other singer who recorded on one of those big clunky 50's microphones and always seemed upstaged by their black up singers.  So, when I was in High School, when we first heard Novelty Christmas songs poking fun of these caroling classics, they took their place. 

So, do you have any novelty Christmas songs that ring in the mind at this time of year?  Something to make you giggle durring the holiday assault of candy canes and Santamen?

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 12:02:29 AM »

So, do you have any novelty Christmas songs that ring in the mind at this time of year?  Something to make you giggle durring the holiday assault of candy canes and Santamen?

For those of you familiar with Black Sabbath's Iron Man, this is a parody of that song subsituting Santa Claus for Iron Man.  I've always thought it was hysterical.  Here is a link so that you can hear it (no video on this one).  It may also help if you heard the original Black Sabbath song, so I've included that, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwywugjy3BY&feature=related (original Black Sabbath song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFX3I209LVM&feature=related (I am Santa Claus)

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 12:12:42 AM »

Well, I have to admit I've always been fond of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."  Come to think of it, I may have to break that one out just to annoy my fiancee the Christmas-nazi.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:17:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtkN9V2MXg&feature=related

one of my faves. Grin

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:21:50 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPaGQEskSKM

I love YouTube!

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Carole
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic (ish)

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

I dearly enjoy my "Twisted Christmas" album by Twisted Sister (it's the 80s headbanger in me I just love my hair bands Cheesy ).  I also very much like my "Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas" Tales From the Crypt Christmas album.  It's twisted and dark and anything but Christmas-y but it is funny in a very twisted sort of way.

Carole
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »

I'll leave it to y'all to decide how funny it is, but Jingle Cats is a fantastic way to clear a room of unwanted holiday guests.   Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

I dearly enjoy my "Twisted Christmas" album by Twisted Sister (it's the 80s headbanger in me I just love my hair bands Cheesy ). 

Agreed!  That album is one of the finest achievements from one of my favorite bands of all time.  

I also thoroughly enjoy Brian Setzer's Christmas material and my wife and I always try to go see his Christmas show when it comes through town.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 01:04:48 AM »

Then there's Weird Al Yankovic and his song "Christmas at Ground Zero"...  Now that's messed up. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »

I'll leave it to y'all to decide how funny it is, but Jingle Cats is a fantastic way to clear a room of unwanted holiday guests.   Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc

How in the world do you even get a herd of cats together to do such a thing?
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »

How in the world do you even get a herd of cats together to do such a thing?

Got me... must be Christmas magic.  Or lots of cans of tuna.   Grin

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 12:52:53 AM »

Then there's Weird Al Yankovic and his song "Christmas at Ground Zero"...  Now that's messed up. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s

ROFL! Cheesy

It's good to have a laugh. Christmas is such a high stress time with shopping, cooking, cleaning, having guests over, trying to get on with people you don't like....
All in all, it's a very inconvenient time of year for Jesus to be born.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »

Thanks for the laughs, all!

Actually, I do recall a conversation with my daughter when she was in 3-d or 4-th grade, when she very seriously tried to convince me that "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is a Christmas *CAROL*. Her teacher at school allegedly said that... Smiley

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: