OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 06:33:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apology for recent negative tone to all board users  (Read 791 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: June 05, 2003, 11:07:05 AM »

Friends,

More than one poster has recently noted that a spirit of strife has entered our board, that is greater than before.  I tend to agree, although I still think our board is the nicest place for Orthodox and non-Orthodox alike to talk on the net about Orthodoxy.

With that in mind, instead of issuing new "edicts" on how one should post, I would rather just set the example and explicitly apologize to plutonas and Nektarios for the tone of some of my recent posts to them.  While I don't agree with them on several issues, I did use phrases like "that's baloney" and "give me a break!" instead of addressing them with complete respect.  So for that, please forgive me, bretheren.

Others I probably have offended by my ways, my words, or whatever. I ask forgiveness for that too.

It is very hard to run a religious website.  It's also hard to be the admin. and be impartial while at the same time being a participant who is trying hard to finish his journey to Orthodoxy.  I'm sure even my fellow Orthodox administrators have similar issues, trying to be fair but trying to participate.  That's why I at least try to post in blue when I am speaking as an admin.

So let's get back on track and keep OC.net the biggest, the best, and the friendliest place to talk about Orthodox Christianity on the net!

Yours in Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
plutonas
Moderated

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

No prob.  I apologize myself if I came off as haughty or insulting.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: