OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 11:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversions to Orthodoxy  (Read 6943 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 01:49:40 AM »

Joab and ialmisry,

Just a friendly suggestion that if you want to continue your debate, you start another thread outside of the Convert Issues Forum for this purpose.
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »

Beloved in the Lord,

The purpose of the Convert issues forum is to provide a a place on the OC.Net where inquirers, catechumen, and newly converted could ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. Many of those posting in this area are ignorant of Orthodox teachings and are using this forum to understand what are the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. Due to the simplicity of many of their requests and responses, direct and simple answers with sources if possible are most helpful.

If the moderators find that the discusions become faith or jurisdiction debates, the topic will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate. As a poster,You may also ask that a topic be split so that a private discussion can be established to go into detail about the issues that you feel adamant about and wish to debate or discuss. The convert forum is not a place for combative debate or arguement. 

Thank you for your following these guidelines to the edification and spiritual growth of the forum inquirers, catechumen, and newly converted.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Forum Moderator 

As a result of this topic not meeting  forum purpose, I am moving it to free-for-all forum where you may continue your discussion if needed.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »

Joab Anias,

If your goal here was to give the Catholic Church a black eye, then I'd say well done.

God bless,
Peter.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »

Why do you care? If you really cared what the Orthodox Catholic Church believed, you'd embrace Orthodoxy.

That's one of the worst blanket-generalizations I've heard in a while.

So I guess I've just been lying to myself that I care what the Orthodox Church believes, eh?

-Peter.

Joab Anias

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 05:29:20 PM »

Joab Anias,

If your goal here was to give the Catholic Church a black eye, then I'd say well done.

God bless,
Peter.

No idea what you mean, but I'll just reply with Bah-humbug!  Roll Eyes
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 10:06:05 PM »

Joab Anias,

God bless,
Peter.

My statement was, of course, a bit of an exaggeration. All you really succeeded in doing was revealing your own tendency to sling mud at your opponent rather than engage him in argument.

God bless,
Peter.

Joab Anias

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

My statement was, of course, a bit of an exaggeration. All you really succeeded in doing was revealing your own tendency to sling mud at your opponent rather than engage him in argument.

God bless,
Peter.

Oh, yea, sry.  Embarrassed
Had a bad day and misread and over-reacted to the intention of the thread. I thought I explained that back then. Anyways, hope your having a good Christmas. I have to head to work atm.  Lips Sealed

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:06:04 PM by Joab Anias » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »

That's one of the worst blanket-generalizations I've heard in a while.

So I guess I've just been lying to myself that I care what the Orthodox Church believes, eh?

-Peter.

I was refering specifically about being "panged" about what we believe. That's not just Orthodox, but life in general.

So do we believe the Latin sacraments are valid, we can't have an official position.

Some (including myself) say yes.

Others, no.

We should agree that the Orthodox should intercede on their behalf. But that's only our concern.  Is it patronizing?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »

Merry Christmas, all.

I was refering specifically about being "panged" about what we believe. That's not just Orthodox, but life in general.

Ah yes. That does make a difference.

God bless,
Peter.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: