OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 09:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing Special Guests for Web TV Christmas Special  (Read 1044 times) Average Rating: 0
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« on: December 05, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »

On this Sunday, Dec. 9 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST the Orthodox Christian Network, an agency of SCOBA, will be broadcasting a live audio and video feed from the Come Receive the Light studios. We'll be sharing Christmas stories, exchanging greetings and talking with callers and special guests from around the world about the true reason for this holiday season: the Nativity of our Lord.

Here are some of the special guests who have already agreed to call in during the show:

* His Eminence Archbishop Nicolae of the Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese.

* Fr. Stanley Harakas, a distinguished theologian and frequent guest on CRTL.

* Dr. Albert Rossi, a professor at St. Vladimir Seminary and, of course, a great guest on CRTL.

* Frederica Mathewes-Green, a prolific author, whose reflections on the nature of God and the true meaning of Christmas appear on this week's CRTL episode.

* Fr. Peter Jon Gillquist, one of the leading contemporary Orthodox musicians, whose music is featured on The ARK.

* Dr. Despina Prassas, another excellent guest on CRTL.

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg. More special guests will be announced in the coming days. It should be a great show. I encourage everyone to tune in.

And don't forget: YOU can join the discussion by calling in as well. Visit www.myocn.net for more information.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 12:59:05 PM by pensateomnia » Logged

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »

Just thought I'd add that you can watch an archived version of the broadcast on www.myocn.net.

Aside from some minor technical problems at the beginning, there were some great segments with callers, especially Dr. Albert Rossi (Topic: Orthodox Christmas music), Frederica Mathewes-Green (Topic: What to expect during your first Orthodox celebration of Christmas), Fr. Stanley Harakas (Topic: Comparing and contrasting St. Nicholas to Santa Claus), Phyllis Onest (Topic: Making Christmas real in the home) and Archbishop Nicolae (Topic: Christmas traditions in Romania).

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: