OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 03, 2014, 01:13:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for Sanity in My Life  (Read 1863 times) Average Rating: 0
StGeorge
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

St. George

« on: December 03, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

I don't really know how best to put this into words.  The pain is so deep, over so many years, and there seems to be no escape but death.  I started a new job, but it's been torturing me, and the past few months have been the worst of my life.  I honestly feel like I just want to die right here and now.  Not that I will; I just feel this way.  I do have something to look forward to though: chrismation.  I just need a lot of Orthodox prayer.  The job is so tiring on me, so stressful, that I'm strongly considering not renewing the contract for next year.  I'm considering moving away back home to see if I can find a job there.  I problem is that I don't have a job lined up and I would be leaving the Orthodox community down here.  So many complications.  If you could just pray for me, that would be great. 
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Have you talked to your priest about this? If not, please do so ASAP. This is not a good frame of mind to be in for any length of time.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »

I've been there bro.  Pray.  See your priest, and fight.  You begin to take a stand now.  Deamons only have the power they are given.  FIGHT!  Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and save you, even against your will.  Ask Christ for guidance.  Lord have mercy on you and save you.  If you dont have a prayer rope, keep saying the Jesus prayer.  It;s one heck of a weapon if you keep using it.  Fight, brother, FIGHT!  Take care of your soul first, and everything will fall into place.

Prayers.  May God give you the peace that is beyond understanding.  Amen.

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

As Mr Y said above, talk to your priest.  I've been in a similar situation.  I ended up moving back home and commuting quite some distance to the same horrible job until, by the grace of God, I was able to find another that is not only better paying but much better for my emotional and spiritual growth.  You are definitely in my prayers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:51:59 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »

Prayers for your needs...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:43:32 PM »

Nothing can separate us from God's Love.. Im sure He will help you overcome all these..

Lord have Mercy..

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:59:24 PM »

Lord have mercy.  And I agree with everyone else in saying that you should speak with your SF.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:25:18 AM »

Lord, have mercy on your servant and help him to see your will in everything.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »

Lord have mercy on your servant St. George!  You will be in my prayers.

Juliana
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 07:26:20 AM »

Lord, have mercy on the work of Your Hands.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »

Dear St. George,

I can relate! A little bit over nine years ago, I moved from Seattle where my wife, daughter and I were a part of a wonderful, close-knit Ukrainian Orthodox community (even though I wasn't yet a baptized and chrismated Orthodox back then), to a small town in east-central Mississippi, where there were no Orthodox churches or Orthodox people around. My wife and daughter remained in Seattle for about two more years. The only reason I moved was because I, a first generation immigrant to the US, a trainee in science without any noticeable professional record, got a one-in-a-lifetime faculty position offer at an American university. But that move turned out to be a disaster at first. I felt terrible, and seriously thought about moving back to Seattle and taking any job, just to be with my family and friends. Job-related things just ceased to be of any interest, and a total desperation overcame me. Nevertheless, it all worked out eventually!

Do talk to your priest ASAP!!! I'll be praying for you. Lord, have mercy on your servant!

George
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:31:59 AM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy! St. George, you are in my prayers. I have been in situations myself...

Lord Jesus, please help Your servant and grant resolution of all issues, that he is facing now.

Again, I do support the aforementioned suggestion of everyone here to talk to your priest. Please do so ASAP.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 03:15:17 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servant!

(PM me---we need to talk)

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: