Author Topic: Prayer for Sanity in My Life  (Read 2124 times)

Offline StGeorge

• High Elder
  • St. George
Prayer for Sanity in My Life
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
I don't really know how best to put this into words.  The pain is so deep, over so many years, and there seems to be no escape but death.  I started a new job, but it's been torturing me, and the past few months have been the worst of my life.  I honestly feel like I just want to die right here and now.  Not that I will; I just feel this way.  I do have something to look forward to though: chrismation.  I just need a lot of Orthodox prayer.  The job is so tiring on me, so stressful, that I'm strongly considering not renewing the contract for next year.  I'm considering moving away back home to see if I can find a job there.  I problem is that I don't have a job lined up and I would be leaving the Orthodox community down here.  So many complications.  If you could just pray for me, that would be great. 

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
Re: Prayer for Sanity in My Life
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Have you talked to your priest about this? If not, please do so ASAP. This is not a good frame of mind to be in for any length of time.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Ian Lazarus

• The Main Man!
  • OC.net guru
  • yIjah, Qey' 'oH!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
I've been there bro.  Pray.  See your priest, and fight.  You begin to take a stand now.  Deamons only have the power they are given.  FIGHT!  Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and save you, even against your will.  Ask Christ for guidance.  Lord have mercy on you and save you.  If you dont have a prayer rope, keep saying the Jesus prayer.  It;s one heck of a weapon if you keep using it.  Fight, brother, FIGHT!  Take care of your soul first, and everything will fall into place.

Prayers.  May God give you the peace that is beyond understanding.  Amen.
"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
As Mr Y said above, talk to your priest.  I've been in a similar situation.  I ended up moving back home and commuting quite some distance to the same horrible job until, by the grace of God, I was able to find another that is not only better paying but much better for my emotional and spiritual growth.  You are definitely in my prayers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:51:59 PM by Schultz »
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »
Prayers for your needs...

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline sohma_hatori

• Earthbending Novice
  • High Elder
  • The Blind Bandit
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:43:32 PM »
Nothing can separate us from God's Love.. Im sure He will help you overcome all these..

Lord have Mercy..
""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:59:24 PM »
Lord have mercy.  And I agree with everyone else in saying that you should speak with your SF.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:25:18 AM »
Lord, have mercy on your servant and help him to see your will in everything.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »
Lord have mercy on your servant St. George!  You will be in my prayers.

Juliana

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 07:26:20 AM »
Lord, have mercy on the work of Your Hands.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »
Dear St. George,

I can relate! A little bit over nine years ago, I moved from Seattle where my wife, daughter and I were a part of a wonderful, close-knit Ukrainian Orthodox community (even though I wasn't yet a baptized and chrismated Orthodox back then), to a small town in east-central Mississippi, where there were no Orthodox churches or Orthodox people around. My wife and daughter remained in Seattle for about two more years. The only reason I moved was because I, a first generation immigrant to the US, a trainee in science without any noticeable professional record, got a one-in-a-lifetime faculty position offer at an American university. But that move turned out to be a disaster at first. I felt terrible, and seriously thought about moving back to Seattle and taking any job, just to be with my family and friends. Job-related things just ceased to be of any interest, and a total desperation overcame me. Nevertheless, it all worked out eventually!

Do talk to your priest ASAP!!! I'll be praying for you. Lord, have mercy on your servant!

George
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:31:59 AM by Heorhij »
Love never fails.

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »
Lord, have mercy! St. George, you are in my prayers. I have been in situations myself...

Lord Jesus, please help Your servant and grant resolution of all issues, that he is facing now.

Again, I do support the aforementioned suggestion of everyone here to talk to your priest. Please do so ASAP.

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 03:15:17 AM »
Lord, have mercy on Your servant!

(PM me---we need to talk)
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus